Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: diesel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones323 View Post
Since diesels don't have spark plugs and they use somewhat of a glow plug, i think every nitro engine is basically a diesel engine besides the diesel fuel.

And burning diesel fuel needs a hot temp plug. not sure a engine that small could contain the heat.
Diesels only use glow plugs to warm the cylinders, and actually the newer diesels use grid heater in the intakes instead of glow plugs. The high compression is what ignites the fuel.

Inline what races you plan to hit next season? I'll be at all of the division 1 NHRDA races, a few of the division 6 races (really long drive for you), and possibly some of the division 2 races. I'll be jumping back and forth between helping run the races and pit crew... hopefully our truck will make a whole season this year. We just started the tear down process... lots of work to get it ready for next season.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by msps003 View Post
Diesels only use glow plugs to warm the cylinders, and actually the newer diesels use grid heater in the intakes instead of glow plugs. The high compression is what ignites the fuel.

Inline what races you plan to hit next season? I'll be at all of the division 1 NHRDA races, a few of the division 6 races (really long drive for you), and possibly some of the division 2 races. I'll be jumping back and forth between helping run the races and pit crew... hopefully our truck will make a whole season this year. We just started the tear down process... lots of work to get it ready for next season.
gonna try to hit all the NADM races, got the TS race already booked and possibly going to try and hit some division 1 races as well. i have seen the conely engines and such and just thought it would be cool to have a scaled diesel but doesnt look good. i understand when most people stay a nitro is esentially a diesel, cuase it is just on different fuel, i understand that, trust me i am a diesel ENTHUSIAST lol.
inline6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Cool, well if you hit any division 1 races I will see you there, I am the division 1 race coordinator so I get to yell at stupid people, like the dude in edmonton who showed up an hour after the races started and still wanted to race or get his money back...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by msps003 View Post
Cool, well if you hit any division 1 races I will see you there, I am the division 1 race coordinator so I get to yell at stupid people, like the dude in edmonton who showed up an hour after the races started and still wanted to race or get his money back...
well i look forward to meeting you in the future. i cant wait for the racing season to get here already.
inline6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I don't know if any of you will be interested or not, but a friend I started a Diesel website (Dodge/Cummins mostly), and you are more than welcomed to come check it out. It is locked down right now so I can write some efficient anti-spamming code for the forums, but I at least want you to know the site is there. We plan on making it a very large site for everything Diesel.

www.competitioncummins.com
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

http://davisdieseldevelopment.com/home.php

this guy makes diesel conversions for nitro engines.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #27
RCC Addict

RC V8

found here = http://www.conleyprecision.com/609.htm

I'd like to see somebody put one in a tuber.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

you give me $6k to buy that motor and I will build a tuber around it for you
Stallion1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion1967 View Post
you give me $6k to buy that motor and I will build a tuber around it for you
If I had $6k laying around my 1:1 Jeep would get alot of much needed love.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I seen a couple of videos with that V-8 in a monster trucks. They are absolutely bad a$$ and sound killer
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocresq View Post
I seen a couple of videos with that V-8 in a monster trucks. They are absolutely bad a$$ and sound killer
Something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxX8y8_6jTo

Its not diesel but its cool none the less
rentstdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

OMG!!! That sounds F-n bada$$. I need a better job!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Yep thats the one! He's probably got more into that than my 1:1 85 toy......I want to see the video when he smashes it into a curb
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Yeah that motor alone cost more than I paid for my 1:1 YJ.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
gonna try to hit all the NADM races, got the TS race already booked and possibly going to try and hit some division 1 races as well. i have seen the conely engines and such and just thought it would be cool to have a scaled diesel but doesnt look good. i understand when most people stay a nitro is esentially a diesel, cuase it is just on different fuel, i understand that, trust me i am a diesel ENTHUSIAST lol.
Hey you going to make it to Fallon this weekend? I'll be there, then Indy next weekend, still not sure on Billings yet...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

On the traxxas forum somebody converted a traxxas 3.3 nitro motor to run on diesel with parts from David Diesel (which idk anything about) But it was supposed to have some mad torque.
super mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Got a link to that?
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1nonlyJ View Post
nitro engines are eccentialy a scaled down single cylinder diesel engine. main difference between the 2 is that a diesel has one hell of lot more compression required to generate the heat for combustion of fuel. Nitro engines also lack a diesels hotspots. Not sure if all diesels have them but i know landys do.

I kno cause the guy had to change out alot of the components to run diesel. The engine needed a stronger more resistant rod and piston and such to stand the heat and pressure. It needed a heavier flywheel along with other parts that I can't remember.
super mud is offline   Reply With Quote