Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1/6th Chevy Monster Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRummy View Post
Never thought of it really but yeh, basically a big version of your 1.9. I'm not really going for all out scale though. It'll have the TXT lower chassis. Probably spray it black or something. I just want something to RSO with. Set it on the crawling course and see what I can jump
Yeah, there is a jesse james 1/6th that looks like the 1/12 i got..

Dreamed that one up on the drive back from montana last year...
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #22
RCC Addict

That's the body I have coming from R2J for this
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

lemme guess... traded the jeep?
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Sorry I had to upload more pics..HEre what I was refering to..

http://www.hobbyzip.com/pictures/519...ze-truggy.html
http://www.hobbyzip.com/members/profile/212/aipohaku
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIPOHAKU View Post
Build thread?

I'm hoping to get started on the final frame design soon but I'm waiting for the body to show up. This went from a junk yard build to trading and bartering for parts

I did manage to get in a short test run the other day. Only had rear wheel drive since I only had a couple revo shafts to make the drive shaft. I ended up having to use (2) complete revo shafts (male and female) and then one mall side from another to make the complete shaft. The motor I tried on 6S was WAY to fast. The thing had to top out around 30mph. It was nuts. Low end wasn't where I wanted it so I'm reworking what I want to do for power. I'm going to go to a 3S lipo and I think I'm going to try dual 7T pullers from Holmes.

The suspension was HORRIBLE. That'll change with the new chassis too. I can run some shorter shocks and run them vertically too which will limit flex some. I had to add some fuel tubing limiters to this setup becuase the body roll was just nasty.

I did some serious head scratching trying to figure out how to fit the E-maxx tranny in there. I'm not sure if I want a 2 speed for rear steer yet. Well I decided to take the easy way out and I hacked the top of the TXT plates to fit the E-maxx tranny so I didn't have to make a new motor plate. Worked out nicely. I'll incorporate the frame rails so that they attach the front and rear of the TXT plates to make up for the lost material.

Here are a couple shots of the RWD roller after I took the electronics out

Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I havent started a build thread yet cause its kinda on hold for now until I finish messin with "BIG"..I might scrap the whole chassis and build another..Its funny cause it also started out as a Junkyard/spare parts build!

Your project is coming along well bro...I have a set of Jumbo Swamp Kongs that I plan on running every once oin awhile on "BIG"..Keep up the good work!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Yeh it went from junk yard to now having (2) 7T cobalt pullers and a 3S 4000mah lipo coming for it....... Strange how that works.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Been playing with frame layouts for the top of the chassis. Here's what I'm hoping fits nice under the body.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Sure takes a lot of parts to make a drive shaft for this truck.... Bought one complete axle for a revo, a pair of drive shafts and a pair of yokes. I already made one but thought I'd post pics of the front shaft being made.

Made two male sides at the ends of the drive shaft so put the yokes on those ends. Cut both ends off of the two female shafts and cut one end off the male shaft. I had a female half left over.

Used the male connector in the middle and attached two female parts to that. Then the female parts on each end can both telescope.

Looks nice and clean and should be pretty strong!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Have you thought about putting springs in the drive shaft to keep the middle part centered? Or does it not telescope enough to worry about?
twig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig8 View Post
Have you thought about putting springs in the drive shaft to keep the middle part centered? Or does it not telescope enough to worry about?
Barely moves at all. I don't think there will be a need.

Got the body in today. Has the full bottom to it so I didn't really dig into getting it setup with the correct ride height. I just set it on the chassis. Chassis suspension smushed all the way down so the chassis looks super low. Wheelbase is a bit extreme but I like the height of the body compared to the wheels. The chassis is going to get tucked into the body a lot more than what is shows in the pics. I think this should fit together well. Going to take some serious trimming on the under side of the body to get this chassis up in there and mounted. Should be a fun beater to drive though. Looks very monster truckish!

Compared to the TT01

Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #32
RCC Addict

LOL!!..Thats LARGE bro!!..Looks good!..Im thinking of running twin titans into an emaxx tranny for my truggy..That way ill have some wheel speed to mud with!!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #33
RCC Addict

I'm going to stuff two 7t pullers on 3S through my maxx tranny
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

very nice keep it coming and lot of damage with those motor and lipos lol ur going to break somthing and it will be kool as hell but hey ur rig and its sick love it
bajabada$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

here is what i wanted to do with my body

cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Yeh that is pretty much the look I'm going for but I'll have larger wheels and tires
Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #37

Looking good Nick . Think you will have enough power ? That thing should rip!!
WVCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

holy huge batman that thing is crazy
3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #39
RCC Addict

I shortened the wheelbase up quit a bit over the weekend. Looks like it'll be around 18-19" at ride height. This way the axles are a little more under the wheel wells and the shocks will look good mounted vertically. Hopefully I get time to mount the body and finish up the chassis tonight. Looks like all the chassis really needs is new shock mounts and it'll be good to go.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Cant wait to see pics bro..were you able to tuck the chassis up under the body?..