Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Big time!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Big time!

Check out this work in progress and let me know what you think!

I seem to be screwing up the html, and if it doesn't work this time, hopefully someone out there can help!!!

Last edited by micromachine; 04-28-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: messed up pictures
micromachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Upload it on Photobucket and resize it to something like 800x600... then copy the IMG code and paste it. Simple as that.... NO html code.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
0 0

romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #4

finally
Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Not bad - looks like it has a little gangsta lean though.

What tires are those?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #6

im havin problems finding springs stong enuff for it, the thing weighs 1 or 18 pounds! the tire are 3.2 rockcrushers from rc4wd
Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

WOW!!!! I like the looks of that body. It's great to see another maxx based scaler here. What is your track width? The ones I made are approx. 17 1/2" outside of tires.

Have you tried using an internal spring along with the stock one? I may have to do this on mine as well.

Keep the pic's coming!
cruiserkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #8

thanks , i think the axles is 14.5'' hex to hex, the w/b is 18.5'', iv been working on the front bumper today, ill get some more pics up in the next day or two, and thanks for the tip on the springs i never thought of that.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

uh oh! now they can catch me while on the rocks!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

HPI Savage Big Bore Aluminum p/n A720

I couldnt find anything bigger for my 1/6 KOH

plan is 2 pair rear with matching helfire fronts,....the big bores use helfire springs and they are available up to 11lb/in rate I have installed jato springs for the top spring, just need to re=arrange spring seats..

just guessing here, dont have your numbers but probably 2 times as strong

gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #11

im using the hpi savage shocks and plan on upgrading to aluminum but moneys funny these days :-( after messin with it allday im thinkin the spring rate is good but it still has a problem self leveling, it wheels fine just but im lookin for that scale look. so im thinkin of trying a sway bar or "antirock'' bar. i dont know how well it would work but it probably look cool! not sure but want to know what you guys think but the front bumper came out good, ill get pics up soon
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

it looks great!!!
xjcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
RCC Addict

There are a couple different colored springs for those savage shocks. You can get em all on towerhobbies.com. I have a couple of them for my 1:6 JK that weights almost 18 lbs. There are also spring spacers that are 1/2" or so to jack it up more if you need to. They should come with the shock. How do those shocks work upside down? I couldn't get mine to work that way for some reason.

Nice rig ;)
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #14

upsidedown? i didnt know they were upsidedown! Anyway got a little update, i finnally got my servo from ebay and hit the rocks! ROCK CRAWLERS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!! this is my first crawler so im figuring it out as i go, im thinkin the thing needs more gearing, i thought the two 75 turn motors would be plenty of torque , but know im thinkin use the maxx tranny as a t-case and use a single motor with a higher turn for more wheel speed and a pede tranny, but i have no idea what im talkin about anyway im hittin the lhs on monday (payday) and see what i can do, i have some more pics&video but i cant upload from my computer, so ill get theam up when i go to my brothers house, thanks fot the comments
Old 05-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by micromachine View Post
upsidedown? i didnt know they were upsidedown! Anyway got a little update, i finnally got my servo from ebay and hit the rocks! ROCK CRAWLERS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!! this is my first crawler so im figuring it out as i go, im thinkin the thing needs more gearing, i thought the two 75 turn motors would be plenty of torque , but know im thinkin use the maxx tranny as a t-case and use a single motor with a higher turn for more wheel speed and a pede tranny, but i have no idea what im talkin about anyway im hittin the lhs on monday (payday) and see what i can do, i have some more pics&video but i cant upload from my computer, so ill get theam up when i go to my brothers house, thanks fot the comments
You should read up on what people are doing in the maxx section. Probably just have to change out the motors to acomplish what you are looking for. JMO.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #16

i like this truck so far ahha you should make some headlight that have the strobe in them so it truly it a cop car.
ninjashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Any update's? Mine is going slow so I know how things can look like not much progress is being made. Keep it up!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #18

im still working on it, just redid the back part of the cage, got the gearing almost figured out just need to order a couple a 10t pinions, and decided that the zip ties on the body panels have to go. now just have to figure out how the hell you guys soilder those tiny ass nuts the the tube workany sugestions sorry about the lack of pics, ill be working on that shortly
Old 06-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Good reading: Brazing my nuts to a tuber.....
Tiny parts brazing
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #20

Default Big Shocks

That crawler is awesome, I am working on a larger crawler project my self. If you are struggling with the shocks, maybe look at the LST2 shocks. They can be had on ebay for cheap and there are alot of options for the springs. Plus, just in my opionion they would look size wise correct for a truck that big. LSTs can weight 13 to 14 pounds easy. Please post more pctures as you continue to build.
Mr. Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote