Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Traxxas T-Lock diffs strong enough for 1/6 scale, 2 stroke?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #1

Default Traxxas T-Lock diffs strong enough for 1/6 scale, 2 stroke?

Hi, I've been wanting to build a 2-stroke powered 1/6 scale, solid axle monster truck/ rock crawler. I realize this wont perform like a traditional rc crawler since I will be using a gas motor, but it's mainly just going to be a fun project to build. Anyway, I was interested in using the Traxxas T-Lock diffs, which would be used to make some custom solid axles.. I like the fact that they can lock and un-lock like a true locker. But, I have heard of some people having problems breaking the pinion gear in these diffs... does anybody have any experience with the T-Lock? Will they be strong enough to hold up to a 23-30cc 2 stroke engine?

Thanks!
mdixon7795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdixon7795 View Post
Hi, I've been wanting to build a 2-stroke powered 1/6 scale, solid axle monster truck/ rock crawler. I realize this wont perform like a traditional rc crawler since I will be using a gas motor, but it's mainly just going to be a fun project to build. Anyway, I was interested in using the Traxxas T-Lock diffs, which would be used to make some custom solid axles.. I like the fact that they can lock and un-lock like a true locker. But, I have heard of some people having problems breaking the pinion gear in these diffs... does anybody have any experience with the T-Lock? Will they be strong enough to hold up to a 23-30cc 2 stroke engine?

Thanks!
hey if ur making a large scale crawler that run on gas or nitro go with a 4 stroke so u have the low rpm's its what u want with a nitro or gas am using a 46maxx fx 4 stroke airplane engine
mysterygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yea the 4 strokes are pretty gnarly but who dosn't want a 2 stroke?
I've heard the locking mechanism on the summit breaks alot cause it's plastic (my friend predicted that too) Though if there are aftermarket parts I'd go with it. Also you can do a locked rear and t lock diff front to make it a little bit simpler. Most rock racers are like that. Also I would definetly go with a mud bogger or an all out rock racer/KOH rig which would work great with the 2 stroke and hit some jumps
super mud is offline   Reply With Quote