Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Emaxx gearing/motors/esc questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #1

Default Emaxx gearing/motors/esc questions

Just picked up a used Emaxx from a buddy that had been setup for rock crawling. I'm planning to turn it into a mud truck. It has 4 wheel steering which I plan to keep since he said turning radius was terrible with the diffs locks. Right now it has a 74T spur gear, and 12t pinions on twin 85T V10TT motors. It also came with a set of Titan 550 14v motors. I have a full set of LST tires/wheels that look alot like swampers so I will use them for now for the mud. If I use a EVX2 esc and those titan motors what should I gear it to to get get good torque but still have wheel speed for mud and sand? I've never messed with an Emaxx before, what is the stock gearing? With those stock electronics what the best speed they can push and still have plenty of torque for big tires and mud? I plan to run 2x 2s 5000mah lipos so 4s. It still has a 2 speed trans in it and he had it setup so he could lock it from low to high by hand. So I guess it could be geared to to hit mud in low, and sand in high. I plan on hitting mud and water so i'm guessing the EVX2 is ok, but am open to suggestions as I havent got one yet. And what would be a good choice of replacement motors once the titans wear out which I hear is pretty fast? I've been hearing guys talk about puller motors and what not. Under high load conditions like mud whats the strongest motors a EVX2 esc can handle without getting hot? Thanks for any help/info. I know I could find some basic specs online, but would like to hear from actual guys that have tried different stuff in real world conditions. Thanks, T.
97sfeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Looking thru my stuff I found 2 seperate Mamba Max/5700 combos, and 2 new Yeah Racing 3900kv 1/10 motors. My question is how well do you think a setup with dual Mamba max esc/5700 or 3900 would do in a big mud truck? I could probably run it on 2 2s lipos so one lipo per esc. How would these setups compare to a Mamba Monster 2200 setup for power and torque? As stated I'm not looking for top speed, maybe 18-20mph tops. The truck already has heavy duty diffs, alum diff cases, alum bulkheads, alum chassis, steel cvds at all 4 corners and center shafts, proline powerstroke shocks and 2 speed trans. T
Old 03-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #3

Just found the stock 66T spur gear he sent in a bag of parts. How can I tell which tranny it is? Almost of the entire truck is aftermarket and almost all alum so I'm not sure.