Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: drivers for the new brights 1/6 and 1/8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default drivers for the new brights 1/6 and 1/8

Im looking for a driver for my new brights 1 is a 1/6 ford f150 and one is 1/8 the jeep inlimited my problem is i dont know enuff to figure outnwhat size i need so i was woundering what everyone else is using for there larger scale builds

I dont know the true scale of these rigs but thats what they say they are

Last edited by ferp420; 06-25-2018 at 08:03 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: drivers for the new brights 1/6 and 1/8

1/6th scale is easy, there's stuff all over the internet. Barbie, Ken and G.I. Joe are 1/6th scale, sometimes referred to as 12" figures. You can get a huge variety of stuff, headsculpts of famous people, clothes, weapons, etc.

Barbie and Ken are far from your only options. Phicen, Damtoys, Hot Toys, 21st Century, Sideshow Collectibles are options for 1/6th bodies with far more realism than Barbie can offer. You can piece together just about anything you can imagine in 1/6th scale. Search "1/6th scale figure" in eBay there's tons of stuff.

1/8th scale will be a little more difficult. Just not as popular as 1/6th or 1/18th which are the common toy scales. Smaller 1/6th scale figures could pass as big 1/8th scale...

Last edited by Big Mike; 06-30-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

This is kinda an old thread, but might be helpful to others, as well. Without giving a math lesson, here's an easy way to figure out the size of "dolly"(driver) you need.

Everyone has a phone and on your phone you have a calculator, so divide your actual 1:1 size by the scale your using. For example, if your looking for a 6ft tall driver in your 1/6 scale rig, change to inches and divide by 6... 72" = 12". Same 6ft driver in 1/8 scale, 72" = 9". For a shorter driver, say 5' 6", would be 65" divided by 6 = 10.8" or 65" divided by 8 = 8.1".

This can get crazy when you're wanting to figure out scale of any object, but lets just keep it simple for now. Hope this helps you on your search.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
This is kinda an old thread, but might be helpful to others, as well. Without giving a math lesson, here's an easy way to figure out the size of "dolly"(driver) you need.

Everyone has a phone and on your phone you have a calculator, so divide your actual 1:1 size by the scale your using. For example, if your looking for a 6ft tall driver in your 1/6 scale rig, change to inches and divide by 6... 72" = 12". Same 6ft driver in 1/8 scale, 72" = 9". For a shorter driver, say 5' 6", would be 65" divided by 6 = 10.8" or 65" divided by 8 = 8.1".

This can get crazy when you're wanting to figure out scale of any object, but lets just keep it simple for now. Hope this helps you on your search.

I.did all that the problem comes when the real scale is unkown thats why i was asking about the newbrights specificly as there not true to scale but alot of people have drivers in there newbrights

I got a 10" figure but it wont fit my newbright truck but it fits the nylint jeep perfictly who knows what scal3 it is its fits the yeti xl nicely and the yxl is saposed to be 1/8 scale the new bright says 1/6 but its closer 5o a 1/8scale the nylint probably is a 1/6th scale but by your calculations a 12" figure should fit but the 10" figures head is right at the roof and it fits the seat perfictly a 12" driver s head would be above the windshield i know the math is simple and i guess if that was all i had to go by i could speck out the 1:1 and get the true scale of the body then figure out the size of the driver but thats asuming the rig is true to scale and not a 1/8body with a 1/6 windows and seats lol i figured i would ask what everyone else is using

Last edited by ferp420; 07-22-2018 at 11:35 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If I remember right, someone has compared measurements of the 1/6 Raptor and the 1/8 scale Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The Raptor was determined to be actual 1/8 scale and the Jeep was close to 1/9 scale. The big orange Nylint Jeep, I believe, is actually 1/6 scale, so your 10" figure would be about 5ft tall. As for the F150, I think it's probably close to 1/8 scale, as well. I like to use the wheelbase and the width to confirm scale.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote