LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
Rich has run the same traxxas driveshafts (plastic) for over 300 hours
with no failures
I've run MIP metal driveshafts ... drilled-out at the axles (for WK 6mm)
mine have worn and have some movement but are still working!

I think I will replace mine with the traxxas ...you can put different size ends on the driveshaft (they make 5mm & 6mm)
just drill-out the Axial output shaft, the WK are drilled-out already, use the long set screw
it passes thru the whole assembly. Bullet proof
You talked me in to it ,,whew ,, That leaves more time to do other things ,like run this beast,,,Thanks Robert
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #22
RCP CRAWLERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS View Post
You talked me in to it ,,whew ,, That leaves more time to do other things ,like run this beast,,,Thanks Robert
here's the parts list:
4951X traxxas shafts
4928X traxxas yokes
4927X traxxas yokes

RCP carries all of them
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I'll back up what ZoSo is telling you, I'm using Emaxx drive shafts for my axles and a modded MIP shaft for the tcase to motor gear box connection. I've been beating on it for over a year with absolutely no issues, those plastic drive shafts are cheap, easy to find and bullet proof!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Very nice rig!
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #25
KMS
Rock Crawler

A few things has changed ,The Willy's needs a new home ,So later will be putting it on the classified list ,, Heck there are still parts on the way for it ,,But It's a have too not a want too, Robert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #26
KMS
Rock Crawler

Ok the more parts I hang on this thing the better it climbs ,,Pull'ed them heavy Joe's and it side hills better too ,Did the blue springs thanks BigSki,, .And like ,,,ZoSo ,,,been trying a lot of different Tires and foam combo's so far HB Rovers white dot ,Nova dual stage foams are the best ,,still have more tires to go,,, 2.2 ROX-LOX,,,Nova dual stage foams with the firm side inserts ,These should be the ticket ,Right now it will go all the places my ax 10 will go except side hill [With the Joes in ], So here's the plan scrap the heavy plastic body go to the craft store and get one of those styrafoam doll bodies ,Add the head and arms for steering and get his thing to side hill better ,,Unless Willy's finds an new home first ,,,,Robert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #27
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis_63 View Post
Very nice rig!
Where's my ,,manners,,,Thank you ,,,Robert
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #28
KMS
Rock Crawler

Ok here's the truth as I know it,,,Last nite after I made the statement about selling the GI JOE Willy's jeep it got quite around here .I mean really quite ,Kinda like a real sad nite,, Not much on tv ,,that I really like so I went to bed early about 2am ,Thought I heard some small voices ,,nah nothing there ,,Then a couple pops ,not very loud, nah nothing there .Finally off to sleep thinking about how am I going to get the Willy's to side hill better ,It climbs really well ,, but side hill was poor to say the least ,I was still waiting for my blue springs to get here for the shocks ,But was thinking I really need to lower the Roll cage down to about 4 1/2 inches high at the highest point ,then the heavy GI Joes There is two in my Willy's ,Well finally off to sleep got up this morning and this is what I found ,,Hint the wife getts up before me ,,Robert
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Looks like Joe caught someone trying to steal his rig. Does this mean ur gunna keep it?
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #30
KMS
Rock Crawler

It's getting better every time I hang more new parts on ,Sure makes it harder to part with ,For example two days ago ,It would not even begin to keep up with the wife's ax10 ,Now it goes everywhere the ax10 goes and some ,Its not better but different The body does not flex like the lexan but instead it does slides with the rocks ,We have a pile of Big rocks In the alley collected from the neborhood rock gardens 20 feet long,,, 5 feet wide,, Wast high ,,Some 200lb rocks,, It is against a fence ,,So there is alot of holes kinda like a river bed ,, dang ruff going up and side hill,, The Willy's goes over all of it heck it even climbs the dang hog wire fence ,,But still workin on the side hill ,KMS is Knoxmotorsports,, a Machine shop that makes Parts for Quarter scale stock car Nascar,, style,,, So yes I will still sell it,,, but I want it to be the best I can make it,, Yes will miss it but I can build another ,,But while it's mine I am goin to run it sorry for the rock rash price still the same ..Robert

Last edited by KMS; 06-16-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
KMS
Rock Crawler

My 2.2 ROX-LOX showed up today .I spent 2 hours putting them together ,Started by pulling the foams then installing the Nova dual stage foams ,,Then the Crawler Inovations side wall stiffen foams ,Had a little trouble getting all them in and then setting the bead locks ,They worked good,, but hard to really tell when running with three wheels pulling ,,Bought some,,,, used wheels,,, and didnt notice that one of the hex holes was rounded out. Still run it till dark ,, Just to much fun ,,,,
Robert
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
RCP CRAWLERS

quote:
David This is my thought .....http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/in...mart&Itemid=63
Then put these on the ,,outside,, inside ,,of each tire ,,,http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/in...mart&Itemid=63
This is what I have planned to do soft centers for straight up,, hard walls for side hilling ,,What you think,,,Robert
OOP'S ,,,,,soft out side ,,,firm inside ,,on the dual stage foams ,,Wrong link on the first link ,Didnt get much sleep last night gun shots from the front of the house ,,,You have to go to the kms post to see what Iam talking about ,,,LOL quote

they are the best foams they should work great!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #33
KMS
Rock Crawler

The 2.2 ROX-LOX are working great,had to change wheels cause the hex holes rounded out on the wheels .I pulled the inside tuning disc then put them back together on new wheels, Results,,, good side hill ,,,and climbs very good,,, Next Question ???? I put a 27 trun motor in my Willy's today ,it hauls and crawls ,,but is that to high turn of a motor for the Willy's ,Run time suffers,But didnt over heat!!
What do you think ??? Robert ,,
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #34
RCP CRAWLERS

Quote:
The 2.2 ROX-LOX are working great,had to change wheels cause the hex holes rounded out on the wheels .I pulled the inside tuning disc then put them back together on new wheels, Results,,, good side hill ,,,and climbs very good,,, Next Question ???? I put a 27 trun motor in my Willy's today ,it hauls and crawls ,,but is that to high turn of a motor for the Willy's ,Run time suffers,But didnt over heat!!
What do you think ??? Robert ,,
If you use a small pinion and a fan ...it should work fine
it will cost you in run time ...but lots of wheel speed!!!!
I put a 35t in mine.... but I'm only running a 7.2 6 cell battery
I still get almost 2 hrs on the 5000.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #35
KMS
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the tip The 27 turn had a 20 tooth pinion on it ,,Iam going to change it to a 12 see if that will tame it down some , Robert
Old 06-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #36
KMS
Rock Crawler

Did some work on my driver ,I felt he was a little tall and heavy so he got a new body ,made mostly of foam , He weighs about half of what he used to weigh ,sure am glad for his clothes the body dont look all that great ,But the weight is what I was after ,,KMS
Attached Images

Last edited by KMS; 06-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #37
KMS
Rock Crawler

After the JOE-JOB ,,I have been wanting to do this so this afternoon I decided to make some frame inserts ,,The fit snug & are drilled & tapped,It will allow me to bolt the link brackets to thru the frame rails into the frame inserts ,,should be strong as heck,,,Robert
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #38
RCP CRAWLERS

Quote:
After the JOE-JOB ,,I have been wanting to do this so this afternoon I decided to make some frame inserts ,,The fit snug & are drilled & tapped,It will allow me to bolt the link brackets to thru the frame rails into the frame inserts ,,should be strong as heck,,,Robert
great idea with the Joe and rails
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #39
KMS
Rock Crawler

Thank you David,The alu.bar is 1/4x1/2x7 5/8" ,The body for the Joe came from a Noodle,water toy,,,Robert
Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I like the aluminum frame inserts, I used styrene but it isn't nearly as strong as the ones you made!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote