Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1/6th HUMMER H2 *rebuild*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/6th HUMMER H2 *rebuild*

Alright this is going to be slow and one of thos builds that will more than likely be one step forward, 2 steps back. So bear with me, I am a fulltime college student working a fulltime job and also running a business with my friend so time is scarce, plus having a 1:1 Jeep and a girlfriend taking up the rest of my time, let's just say I am hoping to have this done by new years.

SO I've been out of the hobby for awhile. Sold all my rigs except for a mini 4x4 losi I haven't touched in months and an HPI crawler king with a blown tranny. I originally took my 1/6th H2 and stretched my stampede chassis, threw in a mamba max, some red rock tires and beat the piss out of it.

Here's what it looked like:

So I have 2 perfectly good pede trannys lying around, some scrap metal, perfectly good CK axles, all I need is electronics. The plan is to make this an all around basher. A hill climber, some rocks, mud, snow, you name it. The problem is, I have never actually custom made a crawler before.

So here's where I need help. I've read up a little but still kind of blurry. I was thinking of making the frame out of angle iron or something weldable. I have a buddy with a welder and was gonna see if he could do up the frame for me. I was planning on mounting the tranny vertically in the back seat by cutting up the interior.

Next up is driveshafts. What could I use since the truck will be significantly longer than stock?

Next up is links, how could I four link a CK axle or should I try to make the stock links work?

What would you guys recommend for electronics?

For tires, could I make a 40 series tire and wheel work on my CK axles?

Thanks in advance, hope to make this thing legit when it's done!
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Here it is sitting on the WK axles..im thinking of throwing it back on the pede though this is looking like alot of work haha

Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Just giving this thread CPR. I just got a 1/6 H3 and wanted to see where you went with this.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am not quite sure if I am going to do it or not, I might just put the body back on the stampede but I kind of do want to try finishing it. I just have no time haha