Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Which Disruptor T-case? Motor choice for Willies, what are you running?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Which Disruptor T-case? Motor choice for Willies, what are you running?

So I have a 1/6 leaf sprung Willies rig. I went and found myself a RC4WD Disruptor t-case, the 2.18:1 version.

I hooked it up to my 45t HH Torquemaster Expert with 87/19 gearing and boy is this thing slow! Its slower than my other rigs that run 55t (87/14), obviously its because its double the gear ratio. I mean yeah I can pull out a stump or tow a 1:1 rig out of a ditch with all the torque, but is this what people are running in their Willies?

I'm considering getting the .75:1 but just wanted to see what t-case and motor combo people were running in their Willies before I went and bought another t-case.

Thanks guys!
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Which Disruptor T-case? Motor choice for Willies, what are you running?

I'm using the reduction case and 87/16 gearing on the trans and a 35T on 3S. My Jerp is slow, it goes about as fast as a normal walking pace at WOT but the low gearing really helps to control the power when playing on rocks.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Which Disruptor T-case? Motor choice for Willies, what are you running?

Ok, that seems like what I'm at right now, a regular walking pace. Guess I'm just used to my other rigs that are at a brisk walking pace instead of a leisurely stroll pace lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I run the 2.18:1 t-case. Yes, it is low gearing, but works perfect for the 1/6 willys on the rocks.

I also run MIP shafts to handle the high torque form low gearing... they are the best.
Jeepin-Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
RCP CRAWLERS

I agree nice and slow ... no overheating....and great crawling.
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Consider a sensored brushless if you want crazy wheel speed. I've seen a few Jerps in person that are running them, they have great low speed control and insane wheel speed at the blip of the throttle.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I think i'm going to keep it as is with the super slow/low speed torque. I just wanted to get a feel for what others had as their set ups. it seems pretty unanimous to use the 2.18:1 reduction t-case and keep it to a walking pace when WOT. It crawls great, some additional wheel speed would be nice at times.