Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New wheel for my Jerp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default New wheel for my Jerp

I've been looking for a high positive offset wheel but haven't found anything that I liked, so I tried my hand at designing one. I have the file sent off to the 3D printer, hopefully in a day or 2 it will get made for me.

Once I get all of the details worked out, I'll see if duuuuuuude is up to giving it a try. Feel free to offer suggestions/ideas!

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New wheel for my Jerp

That's cool. Pretty much any CAD design you can come up with is available? Depending on the wheel offset you can eliminate the spacer used on the AX10 axles on a GI Joe jeep then...?
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New wheel for my Jerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
That's cool. Pretty much any CAD design you can come up with is available? Depending on the wheel offset you can eliminate the spacer used on the AX10 axles on a GI Joe jeep then...?
Not really sure what you are asking? Any CAD design or 3D model can be printed or converted into a tool path for a CNC turning center. This particular design will use VP hubs so it can be "tuned" for track width. My goal is to use Wraith axles under my Jeep for a more scale appearance but I want to keep the wheels inside of the body as much as possible. This design should be a big help.

I got the first printed wheel yesterday and found a few minor fitment issues with the backside, so I made some changes and I'll get another wheel printed to recheck for clearances.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote

New wheel for my Jerp - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imthatguy's New Rig Jerp imthatguy 1.9 Scale Rigs 45 02-22-2015 09:44 AM
Rowdys 1/6th Willys Jerp ROWDY RACING Large Scale Rigs 66 12-27-2013 04:48 PM
Redjones' Simple SCX10 TJ Jeep Build (Jerp ba de derp) redjones Axial SCX-10 8 03-31-2013 08:51 PM
Extended EXT+15mm Wheel Hub & Wheel Axle for AX10 C22819 alvaroguisso Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 09-21-2012 05:51 PM