Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Project (for me)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 01:27 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Project (for me)

Looking good, are you going to give the trailer the same treatment? I have two of them... (no, I have no idea why) I've shaved off the fenders on one to accommodate matching tires and wheels of my orange one and give it some orange paint and aluminum trim.
Bitter End is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

For now, I'll keep the trailer stock, but I do have a pair of ripsaws that would look good on it. As far as the body of the Willy's goes, I'm debating hanging the spare tire carrier and using one of the original tires on it. I'm finishing up the body work, so now's the time to glue it in place. I removed it from the right side of the body, and if I'm going to use it, I'll glue it to the rear panel. The original tire is just slightly smaller than the TSL's. Might even be able to run a ripsaw as a spare.

I also added some inner front fenderwells to the chassis made out of a ziplock container.

Last edited by Mike Flea; 11-30-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Got the beast painted today. The wife said since I spend more time with my hobbies, she suggested I paint the Jeep Blue. I didn't really care what color it was, as long as it was a suede, so I painted it 2-tone. The rear half is Lagoon Blue Satin, and the front is Grape Purple Gloss, with the roll cage painted Flat Black. Now I just have to do the detail work. The seats will be painted flat black, and I'll either paint the dials on the dash, or hit up Patches of Pride for a set of their dash decals. I'll get pics up after I get the body back on the chassis.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Couple updated shots here, still undecided about painting the trailer. By the time I beat the hell out of the current paint, and it get's repainted, I may go back to green.

Added some scale accessories from Pro-Line. They don't look that bad, considering they're supposed to be 1/10th scale, at least the fire extinguisher looks right, and some of the other stuff looks okay, not going to lose sleep over it. Still want to make a Jerry can and mount for the back. I want to make it so I can stash a 9v battery in there for the taillights.

And the boxes I made to hide the shock towers turned out okay, painted the "crates" brown and painted on the hinges, labeled them TOOLS and BEER!.

I'll take it outside tomorrow, and do a run on the rockpile, and get some better pics up.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike Flea; 03-08-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Made a Jerry can today out of styrene, to hide the 9v for the taillights, turned out ok. Used a black shoelace for the tiedown. Red shoelace is the towstrap.

Also a shot of the headlights (booklights).
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike Flea; 03-08-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Got me a driver, Made some harnesses, and changed out the star cut foams for Proline 2 stage memory foams, at 13lbs, the tires were flattening too much for my tastes. The harnesses were made from shoelaces and little snaps, one part of the snap was superglued to the sides of the seats. Sliders are next, but I have to drill new holes in the frame for them to sit where they need to be. Second to last photo was before the foams were changed, last photo is after.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike Flea; 03-08-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Scott, working on the sliders now. They'll be stock SCX10, and they'll fit for what I need, but have to drill new holes in the framerails to get them to line up where I want them to be. I've been a bit busy with work lately, so haven't had time to work on the Willy's.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Got the sliders on today. Stock Axial SCX10 sliders. I'm glad I went with the Wraith skid, otherwise I'd of had to make extensions to get the sliders out past the sides of the body.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike Flea; 03-08-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Took Barbie and her Jeep out for a spin on the back yard course today. Flipped on it's side at one point, and tore off the spare tire and mount coming off a fairly large rock. Ran ok until the battery crapped out, so charging all the stick packs tonight. The wife wants to drive it tomorrow, so will try to shoot a little video with the phone while she runs it. Glued the spare tire mount back on with epoxy instead of Testor's model cement, so next time it comes off, it'll probably pull the whole rear body panel off, lol.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Round 2, tore off the spare tire mount again, no damage to the rear panel, gonna have to braze a mount to the cage for the spare, ....still working on getting a video.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

what kind of spare mount are you thinkin?
Angled, horizontal or vertical?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I was going to braze another crossbrace in between the 2 rear kickers with a bolt in the middle to fasten the wheel to, so it'll be on a slight angle, and it'll take up that vast empty space.

Also got some new pics on my rock course, shot a couple short videos with my iphone, but I can't get them to upload.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike Flea; 03-08-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Great pic's, especially the last two.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Ya, sorry about the fuzzy pics, I had a camera in one hand, trying to drive with the other, lol
Old 04-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Lookin' good.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:03 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Great build!
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Thanks !, I've been reading the manual for my Sony digital camera, I'll try a doing a video with that, and hopefully get it uploaded.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Is it a compatibility issue?????
Old 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Maybe a connection issue, i had that issue a while back. If it takes more than an hour to upload then it's the speed of your ISP.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:55 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

I've uploaded pics from the phone before, but lately when I plug in and hit the upload icon, I get a little box in the lower right corner of my desktop, that says it doesn't recognize any new pics, so I'm wondering if I have to delete the older pics from the phone to get it to work. I'm also unsure how to send those pics to an album, so I can keep them on the phone. Some of those pics are from my job.

When I upload pics from the camera, they upload quick, no problems, and I delete them off the card right away. So that's why I'll practice taking the video with the camera, because it should upload then.

Ya know, there use to be a time that I could step in front of an unworking or partially disassembled engine, and in a few hours or days have it up and running. All this new computerized, digital, electronics, I just don't understand, and reading instructions just confuses me more. 20 years ago, I had intelligence, now in this new age I'm Sooooo Confuuuuuuused!, LOL

Last edited by Mike Flea; 04-14-2015 at 08:58 PM.

New Project (for me) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire project for pede project Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 2 04-21-2013 06:30 PM