Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Another 1/6 SS truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 05:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Another 1/6 SS truck

Hi every one. Ok where to start i picked up my 4th Ss truck fom a guy on Facebook as a runner as a bind and drive. Well when the truck was delivered by USPS as usual they had been rough with the package and somehow damaged the front suspension linkages in the truck. So i set it to the side to be worked on at a later time as I had a lot on my plate at the time.

The trucks set up the day it arrived.
Novak Rooster crawler ESC Spektrum sr201 Seaver and a unnamed 550 can brushed DC motor.

After receiving the truck and repairing the front links. I just did not care for the way that the body and interior tub set on the chassis that came with the truck. The motor that was in the truck would also be around 100 degrees after about 30 seconds of driving. I had to do something about this. This is something I would not have taken out on the trail.

Well this is what i did I first started by swapping in a 35 turn brushed motor. This helped with the heat issue. Now it was time to work on the body and Chassis. I went to my local hardware store and picked up some aluminum rail I believe it was 1/2 half inch by 1/2 inch c channel. I cut the C Channel long enough to used the very front Factory body mount. For the rear of the chassis i used the in side of the bed floor to mount the rear of the body. I took and cut the front and rear off of the original chassis discarded them leaving just the center section. I then built a frame in the very top of the old the chassis. I used axial scx10 rear shock mounts in all four corners to mount the shocks to the frame . The rear shock hoops also double as the rear body mount. I used axial 6x91mm threaded tube to link the shock towers together and this is what I come up with for frame.

I swaped in a new set of axles from my bomber. I also took traxxas e revo Center Drive Shafts and a set of SCX10 mip drive shafts swap some parts around and made MIP drive shaft. I used traxxas e revo rod ends and some 3/16 threaded rod and some water cooler plastic line to make my 4 Link bars for the suspension. I started out using a set of Axial Wraith shocks but did not care for how soft the Springs were. I swapped in a set of Axial Yeti shocks to get a little bit more links but yet the shocks were still a little too soft I swapped in the upgraded Blue Spring and that fixed my issues after adding a rr10 swaybar to the rear of the chassis

So now to the current set up.
Mamba max pro esc
Tekin pro 4 3300kv
Castle bec
Gearing is 17/87
Pro-Line Super Swampers
Crawler Innovations Deuces Wild foams
Hd under drive gears in both axles
The total truck weight is right around 13 pounds with battery

I repaired the floor pan where it was cut to clear the transmission. Installed a ess one sound box. This is the out come of every thing so far.

Last edited by greengoblin; 03-31-2016 at 06:32 AM.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Another 1/6 SS truck

Very nice
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Very nice
I kinda used this one as a learning platform for the other black one
Old 03-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I just want to know where you're finding these. Everytime I look on e-bay for 1/6 trucks, I find junk, or it's a different scale than 1/6th.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

There are 2 sizes 1/10 ss but I believe it's a Dale Earnhardt truck. I have found all of mine actually on Facebook
Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoblin View Post
There are 2 sizes 1/10 ss but I believe it's a Dale Earnhardt truck. I have found all of mine actually on Facebook
Yes you are correct with that

Another 1/6 SS truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM