Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: maxstone 5 reworkings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default maxstone 5 reworkings

So I picked up a maxstone for dirt cheap basicly I bought a used novak speed controller and 2 rockstar motors and I got a free pile of parts in the shape of a crawler
After i hooked it up put my battery's in I turner it on and away it went then bound up in a blanket and snap the axle shaft damb oh well I tested it any way and it sucked donkey doo it did only have 3 wheel drive though so I pulled the foams out took the springs off the front shocks I had some tt02 shocks laying a round so I used d those springs up front it gives me about a half inch of up travel and allot of droop I reworked the links and got the articulation under control and lowered the body posts it works a lot better now I'm gonna go the BBs in the wheels for wait and get the integy alloy gears and replace the shaped Axel shaft as soon as there back in stock anyone have any ideas on after market parts or interchangeable parts or any tricks to make this base platform a better crawler I would appreciate it if I can't get it where I want it I'll strip it for parts I couldn't even get the motors and ESC for what I payed for the whole truck so why not try to work with it

Last edited by ferp420; 04-08-2016 at 08:26 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: maxstone 5 reworkings

Punctuation and spelling works wonders to get replies.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:39 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Punctuation and spelling works wonders to get replies.
grammar nazi are bad um k
Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Your loss

Take your illiteracy to another forum

Last edited by Mike Flea; 04-09-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hay Loo if it bothers you don't read my posts

Last edited by ferp420; 04-11-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

alittle update i still cant find the axle shafts so i cut some small pieces if metal pipe and welded it all together got it running its funn but its not real capable i got it out on the rock pile for the first time and snapped 2 of the other axle shafts i did figure out with a slight mod the yeti xl shafts will work as a upgrade ill post up when i get the shafts to play with i think there is sone potential with this rig i just have to hunt it down
Old 05-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

first run vid

https://youtu.be/9M6XxaQgmTs
Old 05-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I want to know what the hell makes Mike a Nazi for asking for correct punctuation and capitalization? Those things are the road signs to reading our language and are not optional.

I'm assuming you went to school, and probably bitched all the way through about such silliness as spelling and punctuation.

Why don't you use what you learned? It's just not that damn hard. Write out a complete thought; end it with a period (you know, a dot) and begin the next complete thought with a capital letter.

If you ain't smart enough to figure that out, give up on RC. Besides, reading your shit's giving me a headache.
dadrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:43 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
I want to know what the hell makes Mike a Nazi for asking for correct punctuation and capitalization? Those things are the road signs to reading our language and are not optional.

I'm assuming you went to school, and probably bitched all the way through about such silliness as spelling and punctuation.

Why don't you use what you learned? It's just not that damn hard. Write out a complete thought; end it with a period (you know, a dot) and begin the next complete thought with a capital letter.

If you ain't smart enough to figure that out, give up on RC. Besides, reading your shit's giving me a headache.
again you dont have to read my posts and if you want to know more about your kind look up grammer nazi you will find you also fit that shoe i will not conform to your grammer nazism

as mark twain sead i pitty the fool who can only spell a word one way

are you the type who sees some one fall out of a wheel chair and then kicks them and tells them how stupid they are for not geting up and back in there chair

do you like to pick on the mentaly and physicaly disabled

i hope some day you have a stroke and know what its like to have your brain scrambled and your body brake down

i had to give up on almost everything in my life only to return to a new old hobby because i physicaly cant do 1:1s any more that helps keep my mind and body going and every day for what ever reason i have to deal with ass hats like the 2 of you who are so nazi ish that they belive every one should be like you write like you spell like you walk like you talk like you thats totaly nazism

i will.not be like you

so go take another pill relax alittle lifes to short to worry about capital leters and funny lines dots and dashes

Last edited by ferp420; 05-21-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Gee, that's odd, you have better sentence structuring in this last post, than the mentally handicapped brother-in-law living with me for the last 25 yrs., and much better spelling than your first post, gotcha!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

any way the max stone has 2 broken shafts right now ill have to wait till next month to get tbe yeti shafts ill upgrade my rtr shafts for the true 17mm hex set up not that stuid little nut with the big washer that should solve the axle shaft snaping problem and then theres the cracked housing im thinking of geting the intigy gears in a month or 2 but i want to get it going so i can atleast strip out the gears
Old 05-25-2016, 04:59 AM   #12
I joined the Band!

I picked up one Maxstone 5th scale crawler that was in great condition but had a broken servo horn. 75.00 out the door.
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissted View Post
I picked up one Maxstone 5th scale crawler that was in great condition but had a broken servo horn. 75.00 out the door.

there hard to resist especialy at that price
Old 05-25-2016, 07:17 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
again you dont have to read my posts and if you want to know more about your kind look up grammer nazi you will find you also fit that shoe i will not conform to your grammer nazism

as mark twain sead i pitty the fool who can only spell a word one way

are you the type who sees some one fall out of a wheel chair and then kicks them and tells them how stupid they are for not geting up and back in there chair

do you like to pick on the mentaly and physicaly disabled

i hope some day you have a stroke and know what its like to have your brain scrambled and your body brake down

i had to give up on almost everything in my life only to return to a new old hobby because i physicaly cant do 1:1s any more that helps keep my mind and body going and every day for what ever reason i have to deal with ass hats like the 2 of you who are so nazi ish that they belive every one should be like you write like you spell like you walk like you talk like you thats totaly nazism

i will.not be like you

so go take another pill relax alittle lifes to short to worry about capital leters and funny lines dots and dashes

Poor little Ferpy.

Done with the pity party yet? (Note the spelling of "pity.)

Next time you quote Mark Twain, get it right:
"I never had any large respect for good spelling. That is my feeling yet. Before the spelling-book came with its arbitrary forms, men unconsciously revealed shades of their characters and also added enlightening shades of expression to what they wrote by their spelling, and so it is possible that the spelling-book has been a doubtful benevolence to us."

And, while the late Mr. Clemens might have taken liberties with spelling to denote the annunciations of certain characters in his writings, you'll notice his sentence structure is flawless as is his punctuation.

And, since you chose to attack me personally, I'll react in kind. You're lazy. That's why you won't take the time to punctuate and capitalize. It doesn't go any further than that.

When I do have the stroke you wished upon me, maybe I'll think differently...but, I doubt it.

Tighten the hell up.
dadrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

IMO, the OP here should attempt to show a little consideration
towards others here following along or offering opinion.

Inconsideration is just blatantly disrespectful
And it's not that hard to make an attempt
at some sentence/paragraph structure while typing some words.

If one is too lazy to attempt a proper sentence
it doesn't make sense why they're here anyways.

This is a people forum / typed interaction...
folk sharing their opinions and know how simply for that share.
Showing a little consideration to others using a proper type
isn't that hard.

This forum isn't simply a "show n tell" pony ride.
And if rudness is their only purpose in life...
maybe they should go elsewhere to do their "show n tell" chit

maybe you should type in CAPs too
TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

hay jack hat if you realy are pained by my post dont read them NUFF sead
Old 06-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

the parts are back in stock so i ordered new shafts ill get to the yeti axles once i get some cash up but for now atleast its running
Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

ive been running this thing like madive run about 10packs through it before breaking another axle i got it on video but the video sucks it starts out good but gets dark in the trees where the rock garden is

https://youtu.be/1DGSwt5BUNk
Old 07-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

i decided i needed to tweek the stone some more i started by cuting the tires a bit not to agresive but it added alot of traction then i changed the springs to internal springs giving it a nice low leval stance and ive been geting hung up on the body so i got the heat gun out and bent the body inward so it looks like boat sides i think its a good look for the stone i went out to the creek and it climed a waterfall thats around 5-6 feet high and is straight up for a good portion of climb ill get a vid as soon as i can clean up my sd card
Old 07-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

https://flic.kr/p/J8RTrL

maxstone 5 reworkings - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maxstone 10 BobT8391 Newbie General 3 05-28-2015 09:24 PM
1/16 exceed maxstone on an L-trail, or a 1/10 maxstone on an X-trail? Derek Larsen General Scale Talk 0 11-19-2014 04:27 PM
Help with maxstone 10 Jake42 Newbie General 4 12-18-2012 05:09 PM
Maxstone 10 Help kidfrost44 Newbie General 4 12-05-2012 08:16 PM
Maxstone 16 help.. maxstone16 General Crawlers 2 09-02-2012 04:55 PM