Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: scx6 another f150 new bright build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: scx6 another f150 new bright build

Front view the pullies are done the steering ram /servo saver is in and disk break rotor on the servo not 100% scale but its getting beter each time i mess with it

ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

The new motors are realy slow i dont know if i should try 4s bigger pinnions or just bite it and get another 1/8 scale brushless sensored set up
Old 06-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Hey man nice build! I have a couple of these 6th scale builds going on too lol if ur looking for a good powerplant mamba x with the slate motor can handle these rigs really well on 3s. My little mans H3 is weighing in at about 13lbs and it hammers around with ease mind u i am running 2850kv sensored slate castle motor

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersinsanity View Post
Hey man nice build! I have a couple of these 6th scale builds going on too lol if ur looking for a good powerplant mamba x with the slate motor can handle these rigs really well on 3s. My little mans H3 is weighing in at about 13lbs and it hammers around with ease mind u i am running 2850kv sensored slate castle motor

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
Thanks yo
i have a simmiler set up in my all metal wraith and my yeti xl the wraith runs a novak hd8 2200kv i got that years ago before castle came out witb a sensored motor the yeti runs the old sensorless castle 1515 motor im temped to pull the electronics out of the yxl but i realy want to run the 2 motor set up so im gona try to make it work till i kill it the new motors dont even get warm and the replacment esc the $12,new rain esc is handling the 2 motors well and only gets slightly warm so i dont think its stressing it to much i havent tryed 4s yet though so ill ether run 4s or a larger pinnion for more speed till something gives up

The momba monster x is by far my favorite esc i only bought it cause of how much i like the momba monster 2 i just wanted a sensor wire for the wraith the x is just that much better i just cant afford a momba in every rig
Old 06-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I got the back bumper protection on it dident come out as nice as i had hoped but its not bad i used a tamiya pivit ball as a trailer hitch ball and the back bar for the rack is done i bent some 1/8" steel rod to the shape of the fenders to reinforce the plastic its almost ready to tear it down for cosmetic finnishing paint and weld grinding and clean up the interior and fab up a fire wall basicly just the finnishing touches

Last edited by ferp420; 06-12-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

I decided to risk burning up the $12 new rain esc with dual motors on 4s that cheap tiny esc is holding up and is leaps.and bounds above the old novak its replacing its still a little slow so i think jumping 2 teeth on the pinion will get me were i want to be the new.shift servo came in so thats going in in the monring

Last edited by ferp420; 06-12-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I got 5he shift servo installed i can finnaly shift on the fly i did some rubberized undercoating on the underside and the lower kick pannels and bumpers the lower edges of the body is all wraped in steel so no more chiped or cracked body pannels still lots of details needed i think im gona get new tires and wheels for itim nkt sure what i want though i dont want super sticky tires i want to stay in The 5" to 5.5" range and i want some cheap wide aluminum beadlocks so any ideas would be helpfull also what size driver should i get ive been looking at 10" figures but i dont know what fits if all else fails ill ask my freinds daughter what she used in her newbright jeep as the seats and everything seem to be the same size her jeep is next on my build docket ill be doing a thread on it also i dont want to do anything inside till i get some peoples in there i adjusted the rear suspention a bit and got it stiffer so the handaling is a bit better i was getting a hair of torque twist at take off on pavement but i seem to have tuned that out of it so now theres almost 0 torque twist the ballance seems realy good it down hills awsomely and it dosent want to back flip to much on steep climbs so im stoked on the wait bias over all im very happy with it the biggest problem i have right now is i cant find my latter for it cant have a work truck with out a latter lol
Old 07-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I have a new set of wheels on the way they remind me of the old factory aluminum wheels that came stock in the mid 90s the micro shifter split in 2 i have no idea why but i installed a full.sized servo under the bed and my first servo winch died on the first wet winch so changed it i hooked up the dead jx 12v servo to my mini esc and its winching good im gona get a 4s capable esc for the winch so i can run it at full power i had to install it just behind the skid plate and ran the winch line though some break line to get the line out the front end even at half power it will dead lift the truck so maybe ill just leave it for a while i ordered a rx controled light switch and have the 5th channel set up aleady i ordered a 10" thore act8on figure im hoping hes the right size i have most of the mechanical stuff worked out im working on the narrow xrmod parts the scx10 parts just arent working and my tamiya driveshafts are failing so im ordering new ones i installed a silicone rubber boots over the cv driveshafts and put just a little bit of greese in there and a added bonus it holds the pin too
Old 07-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Some stuff for the bed

Last edited by ferp420; 07-06-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I snaped the front output shaft on the tranny today the drive shaft angle is.to much for.this set up the mip was binding up at full.droop i ordered some shorter shocks and.a new output shaft i hope i ordered the right one i also ordered new driveshafts im hoping the shorter shock will help with the axle unloading while going up hill

Last edited by ferp420; 07-09-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

My parts are in well exsept the shocks The ssd output shaft dose work with the cheap chniesse 2peed the ne2 driveshafts are here and i picked up some close to stock looking wheels for $32 and they are sweet im gona toss a set of ripsaws on then till i can get new ones im thinking pitbull xor or swampers right now i tryed a few different sets of tires and oddly enuff the r40 bfg crawler tir3s seemed to have the most bite the hyraxes were better in the loose sand and dirt but dident bite as well on the rock i thought that was reapy strange im trying every tire set i have laying around hoping to find 1 i r3aly like

There this brand maybe some one who can read chinesse can inlighten me as the brand name i dont know

And the best part no inner locking ring 5he bead is locked in to a groove in the outer portion of the wheel so no fighting with beads with this rig lol

Last edited by ferp420; 07-19-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I'm ready to see the final result. What's the time frame?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I know huh its been 3 years already i mean come on its been a slow build fo4 sure but Im doing some testing now it.seems something breaks every time out but i.think i have all the bugs worked out i might have to lower my skid plate to get 5he front drive shaf5 to stop binding but that would be a last resort im trying shorter shocks considering it sits it . Almost full drop the ride hight wont change but i will loose a bit of articulation the new beadlocks dident work out like i hoped the back spacing is off so next is the narrow xr mod that should give me a extra 1/4" of width and im guessing wheel spacers from there should do it othe4 than that th3 winch is working gr3at th3 shifte4 is working it has a good wait bias i should have some trail vids up soon
Old 08-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I got some testing on video im also testing out my new foamless tire setup on this truck

https://youtu.be/RW6dLjhEaPE

https://youtu.be/MMma-a2G6LQ

https://youtu.be/8gCzpB_9mPI

Last edited by ferp420; 08-12-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

So i finnished painting the interior and installed another set of 27t silver cans so i have a little wheel speed now and the esc seems to be taking it well so far ill be getting more testing vids soon i still need a driver and i might step up to 20t motors if i dont like the speed on these or just get bigger pinnions im almost to a point that im happy with it its alot of fun ive got 3 more 1/8scale builds and the 1/5 nylint hopefully they wont take 3 years like this one did lol
Old 08-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Have you looked at the Ten Stock sensorless brushless motors? You might be able to get the crazy torque and wheel speed that you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I dont want to go brushless on this one im realy trying to keep the duel brushed motors and the jugg transmission i dont think the jugg trans will hold up to well to brushless power ane besides its got enuff torque to snap drive shaft pins almost at will so i think i have enuff wiggle room for bigger pinnions

This rig isent about performance

Last edited by ferp420; 08-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

The time has come to tear this rig apart and finnish the frame and clean it up and paint it and fix all.the little stuff thats been buging me im gona drop the skid about a 3/8" to get a better angle on the front drive shaft and i tossed some bigger pinnion gears on for more wheel speed made new braces for the rear axle cuz the screws were bending that hold the leafs to the axle so hopefully these will stop that from happening its time to pull the lumber rack off and finnish it also i keep loosing the rear cross bar so i think im gona weld it in then paint everything do some scratch repair and patina and weathering i settled on bfg all terains for now they dont do nearly as.well in loose dirt as the hyraxes but they grip every bit as good as any other tire.ive run on the rocks and are a good fit for a work truck/weekend wheeler

Last edited by ferp420; 10-07-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Looks like you have a nice ring going there.
What turn motor do you have or did you and what's your transmission/gearing setup?

I'm assuming it's all steal chassis and chassis parts since it's so heavy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Thanks yo I realy like it its a realy fun rig its running 2x 27t stock tamiya silver cans the front trans is a jugg1 trans i cant find any info on the gear ratios but i think its a 3-1 or something close to that then it runs in to a aluminum 2 speed wraith trans low gear is 5-1 high is 2-1 with steel gears and a ssd 2 speed output shaft running to 2 steel axles and aluminum wheels full steel frame steel bumpers front and rear steal sliders steel under caradge protecion 3 servos and the heavy hard body with a steel lumber rack its heavy but other than the body and rack its all down low so its not to tippy i have most of the pars for the narrow xr mod and that will give me another 1/2 over all width and make it more stable with out the tires sticking out to bad and give me a better turning radius and thats it i need to move on to other projects the build list as of right now 3 tonka trucks 2 bombers a mini cooper a nylint jeep 3 newbrights and 2 boats as of right now and i have several rebuilds too my wraith is down the brat is down and my front wheel drive new beetle is down also and the red wraith cat needs axle pins so i need to move on

scx6 another f150 new bright build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/8 scale New Bright F150 SirChirpAlot Large Scale Rigs 31 06-17-2016 03:59 PM
SWAT Ford F150 09', New Bright body-Bruiser frame, Norcc build of comp entry. caprinut 1.9 Scale Rigs 29 11-08-2010 06:04 PM
2.2 1/6 New bright f150 Lonewolf 2.2 Scale Rigs 79 05-18-2010 06:13 PM