Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: scx6 another f150 new bright build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: scx6 another f150 new bright build

●●●

Last edited by ferp420; 11-05-2018 at 06:10 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I got the frame cleaned up i realized i dident line up the rear spring hanger very well but i ended up leaving it lol i droped the skid mount down and that smothed out the front driveshaft painted it up with some rubberized undercoating and wired up the lights with a recever relay so 5th channel lol only 1 more left maybe ill do a light bar on 6 i still need to take the rack off and finnish it up and clean it up the new front shafts should be here tomarow so ill do the xrmod and get those on i have some new driveshafts coming i killed the last ones im almost ready to put the body back on again and hopefully wont have to take it off again till i get some people in it and hopefully i wont break anything for a while and get some good run time on it

The lighting is realy bad on these picks sorry but sho7ld still give the idea

Last edited by ferp420; 11-05-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Aaahhhh as i was puting in the new driveshafts i had a battery in it to turn the shaft to were i cod get 5he set screw in place i bliped the throttle and snapped one of the brand new never ran xrmod front axle shaft it dident even bog the motors down just pop what was that damb it the worst part is i wont be able to get a new one till next month damb it im realy bummed out it was ready to go
Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Your link and driveshaft angles are too steep! I'd drop your link mounts and tranny by at least 2 inches, or shorten the shocks. This will resolve most of your suspension and driveshaft issues
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Your link and driveshaft angles are too steep! I'd drop your link mounts and tranny by at least 2 inches, or shorten the shocks. This will resolve most of your suspension and driveshaft issues
I already eliminated the driveshaft angle issues it was a axle shaft that broke nothing to do with drive shaft or link angles the axle shaft got tangled up in the chub i was trying to just turn output shaft a hair not run the motor all the way around my point was the axial brand axle shaft just snapped like a tooth pick on 2s with just a hair throttle there is so much torque that shaft dident offer any resistance

This truck is so long lowering the skid anymore just isent posable and there hasent been any suspention issues unless you count the rear spring purches are a bit off there isent any driveshaft binding issues its got about 5mm of more traval before it binds

Last edited by ferp420; 11-17-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

I got the knucles changed out the orange with the red truck the blue knucles with the blue truck now to replace that broken shaft and all will be good
Old 01-27-2019, 09:55 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Heres a short vid of it crawling in the snow you will notice the front right wheel stoped turning making it a 3wd and that was the first run on the brand new boom racing universal joint there must have been a flaw in the shaft cause the replacement is holding up good

https://youtu.be/jseoP5B-eIk
Old 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Talk about crazy low gearing!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

And the torque is off the charts it takes a steady trigger finger to keep from snapping parts one slip and pop axle shaft driveshaft output shaft input shaft shatered bearing lol
Old 05-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

9after my last run i noticed a crunching sound i figured it was the gear box it was but not what i though it was it turned out i striped the gears so instead if ordering new gears for the questionable jug gear box i got to fabing up a new motormount / gear box / simulated motor / heatsink

i traced the jug motor plate on to some cardboard for mock up then transfered it to some scrap aluminum and cut it out bent it up and i now have a duel motor mount and the aluminum works as a heat sink and looks like a motor block so win win win i used a 68t spur to keep the gearing down but its still gona be higher geared than before but still be geared low enuff to crawl in low but still fast enuff to be fun on the trail

jug motor plate that i copyed or uh i mean designed my self in cad lol

cardboard templet

transfered to the aluminum

cut out and bent up

in the chassie

motors and spur mocked in

Last edited by ferp420; 05-11-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

motor set up is complete i did a little bit of testing and i think i found the sweet spot with the gearing low gear is still realy low but now high gear is just a bit faster than walking pace fast enuff to bash around a bit lol

i just need to clean up the wires fix the upper holes in my motor plate there not right at the moment and cut down the output shaft and put the all the bolts in the spur gear and use the right size lol

Last edited by ferp420; 05-14-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

all back together i dident realize that with the leaf springs when th3 truck leans over in a turn th3 turning radius get tighter and which is nice when turning dough nuts it dosent realy want to role at speed i guessing it will but it seems pretty stable ill have to keep a eye on the temps though the gearing is alot higher and this rig is heavy so a few packs should give me a good idea
Old 05-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

i got this rig out on the trails at proline by the fire the gearing is to high in high gear it bogs down with any resistance ok for flat ground but sand or anything i have to down shift
in low gear it dosent have the torque i want
im thinking ether smaller pinions or bigger motors the bigger motors would keep the speed with out bogging and would give me my torque back the smaller pinions would make it so i dont have to make any changes
one other thing not realy a issue of any kind but the gear noise is realy loud kinda siunds like a real motor lol
Old 05-20-2019, 09:34 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

i was getting some gear slippadge in the rear end so i pulled it apart had one broken screw in the locker and the other 3 were loose so i took it all apart and cleaned and locktighted everything and reinstalled it all good now
Old 06-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

ive decided to rebuild the jug trans the new gears are on there way and upgrade all the bearings then step up to cheap brushless motors i think it will be geared low enuff to not get any cogging with a non sensored set up
Old 03-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

i tore this rig down to replace the electronics the esc was getting hot and thr reverse was starting to act up so out it goes im replacing it with 2 escs i should be able to tow and haul more weight with this upgrade and im replacing the servo and winch controler so the winch will run on 3s-4s also and im rewireing everything and trying to clean the wireing up and redoing the mounts for the electronics im trying to get all the electronics up front as close to the front grill as posable for good airflow
Old 03-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Awesome to see you are still moving forward with this. Great build.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:33 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Awesome to see you are still moving forward with this. Great build.
thank you sir i realy enjoy this truck

its not done yet never will be i guess
Old 09-29-2022, 08:44 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

i started playing with this rig again but it just wasent keeping up with the other rigs and i wanted alittle more stabulity so i swaped a ar60 up front then put some new wheels on it with better off sets then ran it again
compaired to my other rigs its a dog its got enuff low end but in high gear it bearly moves out of its own way
i fugured since im giving this rig a refreash i figured its time to drop a brushless motor in it
so i have a outrunner on its way ive never seen this one but it says crawler on it lol so i figured it must be good lol anyway for $25 ill give it a shot
if this outrunner is anything like the others it will be a beast

the lumber rack broke and needs to be welded back up not a big surprise there its been beat on hard and bend back and forth so many times i cant count lol but it still looks good in my opinion so im in no hurry to fix it lol
ill update when the motor is in and i get some run time on it lol
Old 09-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig. Gotta go crawling with my "1/6" wraith based Raptor, too bad we're on opposite coasts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote

scx6 another f150 new bright build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/8 scale New Bright F150 SirChirpAlot Large Scale Rigs 31 06-17-2016 03:59 PM
SWAT Ford F150 09', New Bright body-Bruiser frame, Norcc build of comp entry. caprinut 1.9 Scale Rigs 29 11-08-2010 06:04 PM
2.2 1/6 New bright f150 Lonewolf 2.2 Scale Rigs 79 05-18-2010 06:13 PM