Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Getting ready to order the new Exceed Rc 1/5 max stone Crawler!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Getting ready to order the new Exceed Rc 1/5 max stone Crawler!!!

Hello everyone,
So I already know that "exceed rc" is not a good name to mention here on RCC.lol. But here we go! I've only been a axial fan for more than 2 long years, but this time Im going to try the all new Exceed RC maxstone 1/5 scale crawler. This thing is a beast, for only 279.00 on nitrorcx.com thats not bad! So next week monday Im going to order it, and post pictures of it. Im currently fixing my scx-10 honcho after 1 happy year with it and it runs strong but anyways I know one thing that Im risking my money on. And thats the servo. This has a terrible servo, so when that goes out Ill get a savox, (hitec sorry but....your to expensive.lol). So what do you guys think? This a 1/5th scale so it belongs in the Large-scale-rc-forum. I say its worth it, the price is nice, I already have just about all the axial's Ill ever need and my ridgecrest is all about competition. Keep in mind that Im not competing with this, its just for driving around and doing some trailing. Thanks in advance, - axial 4x4 crawler

P.S.= my name states axial 4x4 crawler but if I get a exceed rc I'll look like a joke, but oh well so be it. Sorry about this early notice but I wanted to share this before I order the truck the day after tomorrow.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Getting ready to order the new Exceed Rc 1/5 max stone Crawler!!!

Go for it. You could even get a 1/5 body to have a more scale look, there's some cheap (ish) truck ones on ebay.

Isn't the 1/5 the same as the 1/8 but 2 chassis bolted together? I'd be tempted to extend the 1/8 with some aluminium rail and save a bunch of money. ;)
Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah the 1/5 is from 1/8 that djmedic did. Well I will get the 1/5 scale for the simple fact of I love the body and in fact the 1/5 would be about 5 inches longer overall than a double chassis 1/8 scale. I did pick my servo earlier, I choose the Savox 1270tg cause it has 486.1 oz of torque and is waterproof for 100$$. I also will need a lipo cut off for a 2s lipo to feed this beast rather than a Nicd or nimh. That's not a problem, Novak makes a auto detection that you plug between the esc and receiver. Total investment will be higher but in the end it'll be worth it. Oh and almost forgot to mention I will put a castle 10 amp BEC on their like always. I will order it soon and post pictures as I said: - axial 4x4 crawler

P.S.: I appreciate who speaks up on this thread but I invite everyone to stop looking and talk. It would be nice to hear all of your guys opinions about the 1/5 scale. Though my threads usually get forgotten before I can put pictures on it, I would like to keep this thread "alive" for a while.lol

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 03-09-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Instead of the novak auto detect poop, why not just get a proper esc with lipo cutoff...

Do you plan to make a scaler out of this? It is moa afterall. Would be nice to get a few disassembly pics for the moa guys to identify parts compatibility.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Instead of the novak auto detect poop, why not just get a proper esc with lipo cutoff...

Do you plan to make a scaler out of this? It is moa afterall. Would be nice to get a few disassembly pics for the moa guys to identify parts compatibility.
Well I plan to use the novak auto detect until the existing esc goes out, I can't afford a new esc like dual fx-r's would be awesome with 55t motors but that will be in time, not now. I don't plan on makeing it a scaler yet, cause they only make one body for it and if they made a scale body then I would make it a scaler. Hopefully the moa axles hold up to the abuse cause they don't make aftermarket for this (Oh well!!) - axial 4x4 crawler

Update: So I will order it tonight, I will post when I do.
P.S.: This thread may be a day old but I want it to stay for awhile.lol.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
P.S.: I appreciate who speaks up on this thread but I invite everyone to stop looking and talk. It would be nice to hear all of your guys opinions about the 1/5 scale. Though my threads usually get forgotten before I can put pictures on it, I would like to keep this thread "alive" for a while.lol
Perhaps you started your thread a little too quick. Let us know when you actually get it. None knows what a 1/5 exceed maxstone looks like. I tried to Google it, couldn't find it....gave up. Pictures pictures pictures.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Yeah your right but does anyone know if there is any aftermarket axles? I heard just awhile ago that they have problems in the axles so I'm a bit nervous to order this and have no support for this truck. If that's the case then I don't know what I'm going to do. Xr10 axles are probably to small and super bully axles won't work. It is a MOA so no driveshafts obviosly so what should I do know!!!!

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 03-11-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

You started a thread. I think you are obligated to buy it now.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
You started a thread. I think you are obligated to buy it now.
Ahh yeah I know that, but is there any aftermarket support that you know of? I understand that I started a thread but I had NO idea that there are some serious problems with it!! Will xr10 axles work? Just go on nitrorcx.com to see a picture of it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The stock exceed 1/8 scale axles are junk. The gears strip and only integy makes upgrade gears part#afac0002 that are $45.00 per axle!!!
If you plan on actually using this for crawling you will regret buying this. It is a huge money pit. You'd be better off building a super crawler with super bully axles.
1tonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
Perhaps you started your thread a little too quick. Let us know when you actually get it. None knows what a 1/5 exceed maxstone looks like. I tried to Google it, couldn't find it....gave up. Pictures pictures pictures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzUDM0V0d0
Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #12
RCC Addict

if it anything like the HSP 8th scale MOA then the gears inside are very similar to Tamiya Clodbuster gears apparently. so perhaps tamiya parts would be the direction of upgrades.

HSP

Maxstone5

my first stripped gear, i found a loose washer in the gearbox, so i think it was that which started this>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzrdkng6900 View Post
This might help you if you haven't found metal or aluminum gear's yet Metal Gear Set w/ Direct Spool for Super Clod Buster (use MOD1 Pinion)
Metal Gear Set w/ Direct Spool for Super Clod Buster (use MOD1 Pinion) for R/C or RC - Team Integy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajr
Exciting news. I was searching the integy website for metal gears, as i do at least once a week. I only ordered one set. My front axle, like most people, takes alot of abuse from bouncing around. Here is a picture of them installed.
klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I apperciate the pictures, they are very helpful, if that's the case with tamiya gears working then I'll look into it and order those metal gears for the 5th scale. I don't mean to be annoying about this, I just want to make sure what I'm getting into.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I'm tired of being in this dilemma about buying it or not, my ridgecrest needs links, and weight in the rear tires so it's either buy a exceed rc and risk the money or upgrade my ridgecrest even further!! So I'll decide today and update you guys!!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
if it anything like the HSP 8th scale MOA then the gears inside are very similar to Tamiya Clodbuster gears apparently. so perhaps tamiya parts would be the direction of upgrades.

HSP

Maxstone5

my first stripped gear, i found a loose washer in the gearbox, so i think it was that which started this>

Metal Gear Set w/ Direct Spool for Super Clod Buster (use MOD1 Pinion) for R/C or RC - Team Integy
Are you for sure these gears will work? Will I need two kits for a complete both axles? If so then I'm in, thank you so much! - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Alright so I made a list of upgrades for my ridgecrest which totals out to 304 dollars and that is including vanquish axles for it which aren't really needed. So its either buy these upgrades, or get the maxstone 1/5 with those integy gears or even get the 1/8 madtorque which that truck has crossed my mind several times, so any more of your guys suggestions? Should I just go for it and risk my money?

- Its basically a 50/50 chance where I can buy it and it runs forever or on the bad side I drive it normally and all the gears strip. About half of everyone likes exceed crawlers and the other half they hate them and they would rather put over a thousand into one axial which is okay because Ive done that several times.lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #17

Although I personally like to experiment with unknown products, especially the chinese ones because they are so cheap, I personally do not appreciate the looks of motor on axle rigs.
Also, as it has been said in general, the problem with such products is finding spare parts. Even if one tiny insignificant gear breaks, then the whole $279 will be out of service.
OneSixthScaleRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Wish they had used the Mad Torque axles instead of the Max Stone axles. The all metal drivetrain of the Mad Torque is much more durable. Maybe you need the 6x6 Mad Torque for the same price?
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

My .04c.......2 cents for each opinion

1) Get the mad torque......I hear more durable then the maxstone

2) get a hold of some clod axles and build your own 1/5 or 1/8

I know it may cost a bit more to build your own, but you can pick and choose what you want, and if something breaks you know you can at least buy other parts for it. I have done a little research myself into the mad torque and I really like the looks of it......just so happens I have a spare set of clod axles that I will eventually use to build my own 1/5 or 1/8 instead of getting the Mad Torque

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:30 AM   #20

Which route did you go? I'm looking at Maxstone 1/5 scale
gbean120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Getting ready to order the new Exceed Rc 1/5 max stone Crawler!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceed 1/16 Max Stone? TheCrunge Newbie General 7 04-10-2013 01:47 PM
Exceed max stone 8 96transam General Crawlers 5 09-03-2012 10:49 PM
Exceed Max Stone 1/8 PONYBOY87LX General Crawlers 4 01-02-2012 05:49 PM
Exceed Max Stone parts needed mudd_slinger General Crawlers 3 11-10-2011 05:54 PM
Chassis Parts Help, Exceed Max stone 10 slider6 General Crawlers 0 03-23-2011 03:48 PM