RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Large Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large-scale-rigs/607784-codyboys-unlimited-desert-racer.html)

AnimalHippie 05-14-2019 04:57 PM

Re: Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5934721)
We will try to post up some photos or vid at the event. I'm sure Paul will be able to help with that chore! "thumbsup"
Ernie

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Can't wait to see them! You guys have an amazing safe time! One day I'll be able to join you guys for an event like that!

AnimalHippie 05-21-2019 08:47 AM

How'd it do Ernie? Looks like you guys had a good time at PLBTF.

HumboldtEF 05-21-2019 10:55 AM

Well I have to apologize I failed to get any running video. We just ran our bashers once on Thursday while the grounds were mostly empty, I thought I'd get another chance to film later but with so much going on its easy to get sidetracked.

I can say the UDR was quite fast and the suspension really works well even with it being no lightweight.

CODYBOY 05-21-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHippie (Post 5934724)
"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Can't wait to see them! You guys have an amazing safe time! One day I'll be able to join you guys for an event like that!

It would be fun being able to do it as a family trip for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHippie (Post 5936457)
How'd it do Ernie? Looks like you guys had a good time at PLBTF.

I think Casey kind of covered, sorry no video or pics. But that thing runs like it is just floating across the ground at full speed. (At least 45mph)

On a sadder note, we got message this morning that one of Marcia sisters past this morning so right now we are caught in limbo still traveling and not knowing yet if we are headed on home or turning back to Southern Cal. :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5936502)
Well I have to apologize I failed to get any running video. We just ran our bashers once on Thursday while the grounds were mostly empty, I thought I'd get another chance to film later but with so much going on its easy to get sidetracked.

I can say the UDR was quite fast and the suspension really works well even with it being no lightweight.

Thanks Casey, had a great time with you all Pro-line! "thumbsup"
Ernie

HumboldtEF 05-21-2019 07:02 PM

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that, my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Natedog 05-22-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Yes, so many events, trails, etc. saw Ernie run it around a minute, but we didn't even take the X-Maxxes out to run as there were so many people, then it rained some and that's a huge clean up mess with large high powered vehicles. :ror:"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5936631)
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that, my thoughts go out to you and your family.

X2

AnimalHippie 05-23-2019 06:32 AM

Damn Ernie, hate to hear that. Hope everything goes ok for you guys. Give Marcia huge hugs from your Florida family please. We're here if you need anything

MAC FAB 05-23-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

That is why it works, weight is your friend in this application, just like 1:1. And they eat driveline components, just like 1:1. Go figure....