Front Lower A-arms for the Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer - RPM R/C Products
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
...hope we can get the same spot as last year close to the huge ditch everyone was flying their slashes out of last year haha

DESERT GO FASTS, ASSEMBLE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I just happened upon this thread, the bummer is I'm at work so I can 't view the awesome pictures until I get home. I want one of these to go with the X-maxx
Nice! Me too, looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Nate, wouldn't it be fun bashing at Pro-Line By the Fire. So far I think we have four large scale trucks coming just in our group. How about it Bud, I think you and Paul should do a road trip in May!!!!

And I can't bring myself to cut up this pretty new body, so bought this one.

Ya not much crawl or rc time this year so far, lots of house/yard work. Was fun last year and all the large scale go-fasts would be great too, but not in the time schedule this year, maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
NATE!!!! Proline....by.....the fire.... With those guys ^.......GO!!!!
Ya fun, but time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
The URD is looking mean all cut up, looks like plenty of room now.

I will try to film this time, I planned to last year but it was hard with so much going on.

Yes Nate reconsider!
Yes.

Yes, driving one-handed remote, steering with chin, filming, difficult and time consuming.

Maybe next year thanks.

Quote:
Yeah I will have a gopro with me this time, but like Casey says its hard to film with so much going on!

Nate you gotta come down, what if I strip servo horns again?!?!
Paul who will I complain about the raffle with!?!?
lol
But seriously... Last year was ridiculously fun!
Cab mounted GoPro!

Quote:
Nice parts
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Well we had to ask, we'll put you down for next year.

I just read the description on the RPM A arms and they've got a nice little tag line in there playing off of Traxxas, "the toughest name in R/C – RPM!" lol Watch out for that lawsuit RPM!
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Man Ernie! Your always building cool trucks! UDR rock crawling should be pretty interesting. Get one of these guys going to proline by the fire with you to shoot some video of that. Really digging that crawler you're building too! People get bored with your builds??? I can't get enough. If I could I would send you stuff to build just to see what you'd do to it keep up the great work brother!

NATE!!!! Proline....by.....the fire.... With those guys ^.......GO!!!!

Thanks Justin, I don't have video equipment but I sure someone there will so maybe we can get some vid for you.

Quote:
The URD is looking mean all cut up, looks like plenty of room now.

As for the other project, it looks like a lot of room for these tires too but I'm not quite sure what you're doing.

I will try to film this time, I planned to last year but it was hard with so much going on.

Yes Nate reconsider!
Yes , it will hit at the very bottom of compression but it would do the same with the stock tires. The other truck is a project I'm trying to finish for PLBTF.

Quote:
Good idea Chris, I hadn't taken the time to look at all the RPM products for it.
They and the upper arms are on the way!

A couple other projects I've been working on at the same time as this for arts show in May and June.

Helps pay for my RC addiction!!!

Quote:
Well we had to ask, we'll put you down for next year.

I just read the description on the RPM A arms and they've got a nice little tag line in there playing off of Traxxas, "the toughest name in R/C – RPM!" lol Watch out for that lawsuit RPM!
Sorry to hear that Nate but I totally understand! Interesting, I think RPM has been around almost as long as Traxxas, so just a pay on words.

Time for a little update on the body. I found someone to paint it, and I like the results!!

Out by the pond.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 04-13-2019 at 11:06 AM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Damn, Codyboy...

that thing looks ready for just about anything - body has a sorta NHRA funnycar vibe, I like it!

Beautiful woodwork, as well.

You, Sir, are a renaissance man - multi-talented indeed!

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Looks great Ernie. I like the added ground clearance.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Damn, Codyboy...

that thing looks ready for just about anything - body has a sorta NHRA funnycar vibe, I like it!

Beautiful woodwork, as well.

You, Sir, are a renaissance man - multi-talented indeed!

Thanks durok, If you know me, you know I can't leave stock alone, even a go fast, 1/6th scale truck!!!
I probably spend 5-6 hours a day in my shop, one of the perks of being 70 and retired. The woodburning is therapy for me, when I was going through radiation and hormone therapy for my cancer it help make my life tolerable

Quote:
Looks great Ernie. I like the added ground clearance.
Thanks Paul, still waiting for parts before it goes back together. Just a little update on the Noble, it is a very nice radio, that fits my small hands so nice. Easy to set up and program!! Love the battery setup, but do still need to test the range before I put it in this truck!

Hope you get a chance to see it at PLBTF, you and your XMAXX are coming? Right???
Ernie
Old 04-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks Paul, still waiting for parts before it goes back together. Just a little update on the Noble, it is a very nice radio, that fits my small hands so nice. Easy to set up and program!! Love the battery setup, but do still need to test the range before I put it in this truck!

Hope you get a chance to see it at PLBTF, you and your XMAXX are coming? Right???
Ernie

I'll be there, and X-MAXX tooo!!!! I'm a late entry, but I am looking forward to hanging out with everyone again.

Thank you for the update on the Noble, it's still on my radar.

Excited about PLBTF!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'll be there, and X-MAXX tooo!!!! I'm a late entry, but I am looking forward to hanging out with everyone again.

Thank you for the update on the Noble, it's still on my radar.

Excited about PLBTF!!!!!!

Good to hear, I'm gonna hold you to that

I know there's more detail to see in the paint job you did Ernie, I want to get a close look at it in person.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I dedicated most of my time this month getting ready for the summer art shows which starts in a couple weeks so haven't spent much time on the UDR.
Having said that, I hate setting up electronics and as usual I had a few challenges. Here is everything on the work bench trouble shooting. By the way with Thomas' at Castles help we got everything working on 6s.

Been spending a little time here and there putting upgrades on the truck. Today it was RPM upper and lower a arms. Here you go Chris!

RPM front skid and bumper.

HR knuckles, Hex and Rotor.

Alum rear housing.

Upgraded to a Holmes servo and HR arm.

All for now, thanks for looking!
Ernie

PS: Casey, are you going to have your new UDR at Proline?

Last edited by CODYBOY; 04-26-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

If I didnt already have a crazy basher I likely would but I am bringing 6S power just not a UDR, its an Arrma Senton 6S

I'll be bringing its new punchy Holmes Hobbies motor and monster X setup but I'm already thinking about how much punch control I'm going to need to add LOL

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 04-26-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:25 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Okay Casey, you need to take Nate and I with X-maxxes to that awesome beach, that is perfect. someone bring a steel rake so we can make some whoops and jumps... hours of fun my friend!!!!!

Can't wait to see the UDR run Ernie
Old 04-26-2019, 10:49 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Okay Casey, you need to take Nate and I with X-maxxes to that awesome beach, that is perfect. someone bring a steel rake so we can make some whoops and jumps... hours of fun my friend!!!!!

Actually it was really fun but the "other" hours of fun came in when I had to tear the whole tuck down to get all of the fine sand out. I've stuck to dirt, gravel and pavement since. It developed some wonderful grindy sounds towards the end of that run.

But I'd be happy to show you Clam Beach!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #34

Hi, I wanted to ask you what easily reversible mods I have to do to for use Badland tires ... If you have photos, you would like me a lot ...
Excuse my English, I use the translator.
alexone85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #35
Slow is the new Fast

Holy blow the doors down! That thing has power. I imagine the big challenge becomes keeping it within sight

I like your art work as well, it looks like wood burning? Coincidentally a number of years ago my girlfriend and I were in Portland and I bought a small wood burnt piece from a guy at that huge Sunday market down in the city. I remember watching him work, the process looked enjoyable.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexone85 View Post
Hi, I wanted to ask you what easily reversible mods I have to do to for use Badland tires ... If you have photos, you would like me a lot ...

Hey alexone85, if you go back and look at post #17 you can see that you will have to cut the wheel wells for sure. I also changed the gearing to allow for the taller tires.
Ernie
Old 05-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Holy blow the doors down! That thing has power. I imagine the big challenge becomes keeping it within sight

I like your art work as well, it looks like wood burning? Coincidentally a number of years ago my girlfriend and I were in Portland and I bought a small wood burnt piece from a guy at that huge Sunday market down in the city. I remember watching him work, the process looked enjoyable.

Thank you young man, and the woodburning is my stress release. And it doesn't hurt that I made $600 plus at a art show this last weekend.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 05-14-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Hey alexone85, if you go back and look at post #17 you can see that you will have to cut the wheel wells for sure. I also changed the gearing to allow for the taller tires.
Ernie
thanks, have I seen you, but do the wheels fit right away or do I have to adapt some parts or buy more than just the tires? Thanks
alexone85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Can't wait to see what this go fast/crawler can do! Do we have to wait till after proline by the fire to see the final masterpiece???
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
thanks, have I seen you, but do the wheels fit right away or do I have to adapt some parts or buy more than just the tires? Thanks

I bought the tires already mounted on the proline wheels. They are for a larger axle truck but the hex is the same size so I just had to ad washers to the wheels with a OD smaller than my lug nuts.

Quote:
Can't wait to see what this go fast/crawler can do! Do we have to wait till after proline by the fire to see the final masterpiece???
We will try to post up some photos or vid at the event. I'm sure Paul will be able to help with that chore!
Ernie

Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer New Lower Price! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-26-2018 02:55 PM
Traxxas UDR Unlimited Desert Racer First Run 6S Theibault Non Crawler RC's 0 12-24-2018 04:46 PM
NEW Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer Accessories!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-03-2018 11:32 AM
Traxxas UDR Unlimited Desert Racer | Kraken LandOfTheEagle Scale Videos! 0 06-22-2018 03:32 AM
Traxxas UDR Unlimited Desert Racer in MUD LandOfTheEagle Scale Videos! 1 06-13-2018 09:04 PM