Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New bright h2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New bright h2

So I'm looking at getting an old school new bright h2 hummer. I had one years back in the early 00s when they came out. I thought I'd be nice the get one and fab it up to hobby grade. But honestly I have no idea where to start on the build. My first thought was to buy a kit and somehow make it work on the truck. But id hate to shell out the money on a scxii or trx4 kit and end up not being able to use it. If any body has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
talltee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New bright h2

If it is the big 1/6 scale one you need axial wraith, or hpi wheely king axles. For the frame that's home made usually. google for pics if you dont know how to build a frame for that body, few on here too. You could extend a scx10 but you would really be streching it. Trans, depends on what you want. 2 speed, 3 speed, dig, etc. Whole kaboodle is mostly home brew, skill, and patience. Many large scale builders on here with great detailed work you could use for inspiration. Mostly depends on your ability and your equipment or lack there of. Thats what friends are there for!

Last edited by Gula; 10-08-2020 at 12:21 AM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:21 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
If it is the big 1/6 scale one you need axial wraith, or hpi wheely king axles. For the frame that's home made usually. google for pics if you dont know how to build a frame for that body, few on here too. You could extend a scx10 but you would really be streching it. Trans, depends on what you want. 2 speed, 3 speed, dig, etc. Whole kaboodle is mostly home brew, skill, and patience. Many large scale builders on here with great detailed work you could use for inspiration. Mostly depends on your ability and your equipment or lack there of. Thats what friends are there for!
I saw a build on YouTube and a believe he used Wraith axles. I wanted to do portal axles. I thought about using my ascender frame. But I like my vaterra lol. The biggest hurdles is not have a good place to lay out the build as I still live in a apartment

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
talltee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes, I believe they fit well underneath. Any surface thats at least 24x24 should do.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

New bright h2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New bright ? inked1977 Newbie General 14 07-13-2011 10:15 PM
How to remove the new bright from new bright windsheilds's tundrafan01 General Scale Talk 13 12-06-2010 01:30 PM