Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Large Scale Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2022, 11:17 PM   #1

Default Large Scale Crawler

Since I already have a couple of 1/24 Axial's and a 1/10 scale Capra, I was looking for something a little different. Unfortunately Axial does not make a 1/6 scale Capra, I have been looking for a large scale crawler. I am really interested in the Exceed Madstone 1/5 scale crawler. I am interested in how the motor on axle setup works. Anyone have one of these or can make any recommendations on something else I might look at. I don't care anything about going fast or building something that looks scale.
72blazerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2022, 04:06 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Large Scale Crawler

Sorry I can't make a recommendation on what to get but I can 100% recommend to NOT get anything made by Exceed... complete garbage with no customer service and pretty much no support. Replacement factory parts rarely come back in stock and upgrade parts just don't exist through any aftermarket manufacturers... only from Exceed. And regarding actual "upgrade parts", they actually aren't... They're just factory aluminum [poorly] anodized parts that replace the plastic parts. And these very few existing parts are simply bolt on parts anyway... only for aesthetics. Radio features and electronics quality are absolute crap, tires and shocks are a joke, and the overall capability, performance, and adjustability are all bottom of the barrel. 100% waste of money imo... not just particular Exceed models, but the company itself.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:49 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Large Scale Crawler

i had a maxstone 5 i guess i still do lol they did make upgrade parts for them along time ago but even then it was a when in stock type of thing
but even those upgrades dident hold up
the redcat clawback is also the same rig with a truck body on it

the problem with large scale crawlers is the cost a 5th scale axle will cost you around $400-$500 and thats the low end so your looking at one hell of a pricy rig
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote

Large Scale Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Large Scale Rig Crawler Archive 1BadJeepBruiser Large Scale Rigs 74 01-01-2023 08:47 PM
I Want to Build A Reliable Large Scale Crawler MailManX General Crawlers 11 05-22-2018 08:42 PM
Large Scale MT Might turn crawler Sprint 77 Chit Chat 2 02-06-2009 09:27 PM
best large scale crawler? r34zman Newbie General 19 11-07-2005 03:50 PM