Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Any rumors or evidence they might do an SCX6 kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2022, 08:55 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Any rumors or evidence they might do an SCX6 kit?

I can’t believe I’m saying this, more accurately I can’t believe my wallet is letting me say this, but I’m thinking about an SCX6! But I would really really like to build it. Has anyone heard any discussions about a kit possibly in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2022, 01:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Any rumors or evidence they might do an SCX6 kit?

Okay, okay… I think this is a fantastic idea. I hope they listen to the masses!!!
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:00 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Me too! If they do release a kit I’d probably be more inclined to it..
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i plan to peice meal mine together i preordered the cab already it will end up about the same price i hope but i wont have to pay for all that plastic carp

i dont need no stinkin kits lol

Last edited by ferp420; 12-01-2022 at 06:07 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:31 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

The kit would probably be 1299.99.

Seriously though, it would be cool b/c you could personalize the electronics right out of the gate and technically the electronics are about half the price of the truck if you price them out separately.
UZI4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:46 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

It’s cool they have these on Jenny’s RC now too. It’s a little scary how expensive the parts are even at their discount price! $300 for the body. I would think if you add it up all the parts ordered from there, it would cost more than the whole truck, otherwise they have a pretty poor business model lol.
I did end up buying one of the ready to runs, but it would be a fun truck to build. And so far I haven’t really had any problems so I haven’t really wrenched on it much except in the for replacing the servo and shock towers with stiffer aluminum ones.

chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:17 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly View Post
It’s cool they have these on Jenny’s RC now too. It’s a little scary how expensive the parts are even at their discount price! $300 for the body. I would think if you add it up all the parts ordered from there, it would cost more than the whole truck, otherwise they have a pretty poor business model lol.
I did end up buying one of the ready to runs, but it would be a fun truck to build. And so far I haven’t really had any problems so I haven’t really wrenched on it much except in the for replacing the servo and shock towers with stiffer aluminum ones.

theres alot of bloat from the factory

and there are ways to get stuff for less than retail

personally i plan to fab up alot of stuff so that helps keep the cost down aswell

and some things like wheels i can get aluminum wheels for the same price axial wants for there plastic wheels

and the alloy axles are cheaper than building stock axles

basicly its a body and a frame and a set of axles plus a trans

the real exspensive parts are the motor esc and servo

the servo i herd sucks so its pointless motors and escs can be bought used or get a cheaper one

axial dosent make the esc so sorcing one from the original manufacturer will more than likely be cheaper than trying to buy the axial version and better atleast thats how it used to be and besides i dont want anything from spectrum

i have lots of radios so that saves some money too

from what ive seen i can do most.of.the rig less electronics for about $600

and the plus side it.wont look like everyone elses

and it will be fully upgraded from day 1
Old 12-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #8
Slow is the new Fast

Sorry to sound like a pessimist, but I would say there is more evidence pointing to the fact that it will NOT be released it as a kit. On multiple occasions I have heard reps from Horizon's Axial Division say that 'kits don't sell'. Kits cater to the more hardcore enthusiasts, the wrenchers who are apparently a niche crowd.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Rich T said a while ago (here somewhere IIRC) No, there will be no kit, period. Not at this size and price point, it's just too much of a gamble financially.

I'd love one personally, but it's not in the cards.

If they do put one out there, I'll never buy an Axial again... I would have gladly waited for one - don't blow smoke in my ass by being crystal clear there's no kit, then releasing a kit.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:42 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Sorry to sound like a pessimist, but I would say there is more evidence pointing to the fact that it will NOT be released it as a kit. On multiple occasions I have heard reps from Horizon's Axial Division say that 'kits don't sell'. Kits cater to the more hardcore enthusiasts, the wrenchers who are apparently a niche crowd.
Their not wrong, overall kits are probably 1 in 20 of units sold. And that's being generous. Vast majority of people especially younger than many of us are "right now" people. Want to pay and go play, no work involved. Companies gotta chase what sells. Us "builders" are a dying breed unlike the days of old when we were the younger crowd of the hobby.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

considering the failure of the yeti xl im surprized they even revisited large scale rigs at all
Old 12-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Default Any rumors or evidence they might do an SCX6 kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post

I really don’t see it happening either but one can wish lol
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

People are buying them and those that do love them until something breaks. "Scale" is gonna be the only real market for something like them because the rc world is saturated with better options than something like the yeti was.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
People are buying them and those that do love them until something breaks. "Scale" is gonna be the only real market for something like them because the rc world is saturated with better options than something like the yeti was.

the yeti xl is a awsome rock bouncer i love mine but if you dont have hard core rock trails to run them on or acers of open space there kinda pointless

ive never seen any other rig fly over rocks twice the size of the rig with ease

most runs do end in broken parts though and the parts are getting hard to find these days so im afraid its quickly working its way on to a shelf
Old 12-02-2022, 08:38 AM   #15
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Their not wrong, overall kits are probably 1 in 20 of units sold. And that's being generous. Vast majority of people especially younger than many of us are "right now" people. Want to pay and go play, no work involved. Companies gotta chase what sells. Us "builders" are a dying breed unlike the days of old when we were the younger crowd of the hobby.

I hear 100% of the units Vanquish sells are kits

...i am being facetious, but making a point. While I am rooted enough to understand that a business needs to make financial sense, i do not agree with the hard argument that companies need always chase what sells. It is ultimately a choice and a business philosophy.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 09:01 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

i remeber when rtrs were toy grade rcs all hobbie grade rigs were sold as kits only and you needed $100 worth of specialty screwdrivers to build them
Old 12-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i remeber when rtrs were toy grade rcs all hobbie grade rigs were sold as kits only
I miss those good ol times. I still kitbash most of my vehicles, and tend to buy from ebay when things are a super cheap if you buy from 2 separate sellers to make a "whole" you can get smoking deals. Overall, that seems to slowly disappear, and replaced with " rollers, sliders " Scx6 was somewhere at about $600 as a roller

Same with the old toy grade stuff, better detailed hardbodies, near bullet proof. I like the 80s and 90's toys best for those qualities.

Last edited by Gula; 12-02-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Any rumors or evidence they might do an SCX6 kit? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Axial rumors.... SCX6? soze General Crawlers 151 01-13-2022 07:53 PM
evidence trail buster 1 9 on the scale of RC4WD Trail Finder 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 2 11-10-2013 12:19 AM
Any new tire rumors from HB or Panther? shelljeep Tires and Wheels 4 02-09-2011 06:42 PM
Rumors justeddie Chit Chat 4 05-21-2007 09:11 AM