Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Full Throttle super Comp Crawler with mp3 Stereo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkb View Post
Nice vid's! Are you thinking of switching out your tires to the plowboys that you mentioned I should use? I think with your chassis setup I think that it would look cool.

Keep it UP!
thank u. I think I will or at least some better gripping tire, it's on the todo list when I get a job back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK08 View Post
thats cool man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
This makes me want to try my hand at building a tuber!
Go for it man, dont rush it though, if your head is not there just wait. do some practice if it helps ya. have fun with it.

Just finished my new Berg and still love my this Buggy

toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

testing

trying to get video image to show and click to watch .. how is that done ?

Code:
http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss325/Speed1Assault/?action=view&current=CIMG1563.flv

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 08-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #203
RCC Addict

nice build very cool cant wait to see the video
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #204
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
What I have learned from 4 wheeling and my current RC super is that you want low weight. So the Axles are a great place to have heavy weight.
I think aluminum is to soft.
Keeping the weight at axle height and lower will give you great COG results

Thanks for the axle props, I may have rushed the build on these though
I was building them thinking I would just attached them with plates like all the other emaxx tube axles guys do. But I want something "Cleaner" than that. So back to design board,

Question? :
What do you guys think about attaching the Large 1" short tube to the Diff with Brazing or JB weld and then Insert the 2nd tube ring inside and fastening toghether with 3 small short button head screws ?
so that the axle are removable. I cannot remove axle shafts from the outside ends because the dogbone end pin is slightly to large.

I doubt the OFNA Jammin universals will break so I could Braze or JB weld the whole axle together ?

Idea
Drawing is with screws
Left First Tube is 1" with smaller middle tube snug fit inside 1st tube
Diff housing is ALUMINUM
Tubes are steel
Now that I think about it, I cannot Braze Aluminum with Steel. I would need to use a Metal bonder like JB weld for this joint
I am a truggy racer and the jammin universals will break, and the cast knuckles are very weak as well. just for for thought, thou the cnc jammin knuckles are 42 bucks and will take alot of abuse.the universals are good quality but the will become loose when put under stress.
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock addict View Post
I am a truggy racer and the jammin universals will break, and the cast knuckles are very weak as well. just for for thought, thou the cnc jammin knuckles are 42 bucks and will take alot of abuse.the universals are good quality but the will become loose when put under stress.
thanks but I used Losi hyper8 shafts and did a slight grind on edge of dogbone pin to get them to slide into shafts

I have CNC knuckles but they are castor, the screws go in at an angle
dont work.
so I bought XTM knuckles

IF you need jammin cnc knuckles I still have a few, let me know
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #206

hello im new in rc and i want to build a mudder truck 2 stroke with weed eater or chain saw motor home made transfert case a maybe un reverse gear but i dont no if rc transmision are stong enough and a want solid axle like your but i dont know wath a need to make a complete differentiel i need diff case, diff gear, axles sahft, axle tube steering knuckle (just for the front for me ist ok) e.t.c. im newbie in rc
can you make me a list of wath i need the diff brand name, axles brand name e.t.c for a complete differential reday to run. thank alot
kristo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:35 AM   #207
Pebble Pounder

Wrong place to ask that kristo4x4 this is not a gas build nor a mudder, would be badass in the mud but I would personally never bring it near the stuff with all the electronics (servos reciever ecs badass stereo etc). On another note...

WOW dude I've looked at all the pics soo many times and finally managed to find a video on YouTube of the truck running and the tunes going, very nice on the stereo and on the whole build in general, I was speachless at first from you creativity and thinkin outside the box on this, so many times I was like wow that's an incredibly smart idea, the dig is awesome and I really like the look of the 1:1 brakeline on the wiring, very clean and well built, do you have any more pics of the stereo partnof the build? I'm juuust about to start mine and I bet I could find some useful tips from your pics. Thanks alot for sharing dude I read every page and every post in the last while and i love it dude(I work security so I got alotta time lol) you should get some more vids of it that things such a beast I love it, also you should post up your YouTube username and names of the vids cus if your on an iPhone like me the only videos toucan watch are off YouTube so I had to hunt you down but it was well worth the hassle lol, again incredible build and thanks for sharing I've learned cool tips from you and am inspired to take my project a step further than I intended
-Tom
Tmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristo4x4 View Post
hello im new in rc and i want to build a mudder truck 2 stroke with weed eater or chain saw motor home made transfert case a maybe un reverse gear but i dont no if rc transmision are stong enough and a want solid axle like your but i dont know wath a need to make a complete differentiel i need diff case, diff gear, axles sahft, axle tube steering knuckle (just for the front for me ist ok) e.t.c. im newbie in rc
can you make me a list of wath i need the diff brand name, axles brand name e.t.c for a complete differential reday to run. thank alot
Kristo

Your project sounds fun.
However your questions should go in a category that is related or general.
I do not have a home made transfer case, using a axial tranny.
I listed all the parts on the first post
My diffs are LOSI 8 Diffs then attached steel tubes for the axles.read the build and you will see.
Losi hyper 8 axle shafts. if you want wider axles then use Ofna 1/8 buggy shafts.
the diff case and gears are Losi 1/8 buggy, either Losi 8 or the biggest Losi LST.

P.S, a polite thing to do if your going to ask a bunch of questions on someones build thread is to at least commend them on their build.

good luck
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmods View Post
Wrong place to ask that kristo4x4 this is not a gas build nor a mudder, would be badass in the mud but I would personally never bring it near the stuff with all the electronics (servos reciever ecs badass stereo etc). On another note...

WOW dude I've looked at all the pics soo many times and finally managed to find a video on YouTube of the truck running and the tunes going, very nice on the stereo and on the whole build in general, I was speachless at first from you creativity and thinkin outside the box on this, so many times I was like wow that's an incredibly smart idea, the dig is awesome and I really like the look of the 1:1 brakeline on the wiring, very clean and well built, do you have any more pics of the stereo partnof the build? I'm juuust about to start mine and I bet I could find some useful tips from your pics. Thanks alot for sharing dude I read every page and every post in the last while and i love it dude(I work security so I got alotta time lol) you should get some more vids of it that things such a beast I love it, also you should post up your YouTube username and names of the vids cus if your on an iPhone like me the only videos toucan watch are off YouTube so I had to hunt you down but it was well worth the hassle lol, again incredible build and thanks for sharing I've learned cool tips from you and am inspired to take my project a step further than I intended
-Tom
Thank you very much Tom
I really appreciate your feedback.
Let me see what I can dig up for stereo pics, that was the very end of the build where I was running out of time to finish. But I will help you where I can.
Found a few
First pic is the Altec Lansing 4 watt system 2 full range 2 tweeters
I decided to go with 6 watts which is the 4 equal size speakers, requires 6-9 volts.
Last pic you can see it on the left all taken apart and the PCB board in clear shrink wrap.
Let me know if you have other questions

cool lowrider.
what are the plans for it ? any other engine work ?

My Youtube name is 4Rracing, there you can see my list of videos including my street luge racing.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Attached Images

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 10-30-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #210
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock addict View Post
Losi seemed like a better product so I ditched the Jammin stuff. and the ofna CNC knuckles are angled so havent been able to adapt those.
Im using LOSI shafts and holding up great.
Parts broken thus far is:
Axial tranny Idler gear
48 pitch spur gear

Tranny is now all Robinson metal gears with Yotachump 4130 output shaft and a 32 Pitch Spur.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

I'll get some real crawling videos soon
here's a few for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStE7E5Akk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLy6...eature=related

Stereo http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/s...October025.flv
Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #212
Pebble Pounder

slick rig....if you can make clearance for it, go after either a 10T or 7T holmes hobbies cobalt puller....your big boy here is a few ounces shy of my stretched ax10, and the 10T makes that thing scoot, and it's got way more torque than I could possibly need...

(at worst, see how hard it would be to flip direction on your axial tranny and point the motor towards the rear to clear the motor)
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

this has turned out FABULOUS!!!
i love supers. good job toy4crawlin.
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
slick rig....if you can make clearance for it, go after either a 10T or 7T holmes hobbies cobalt puller....your big boy here is a few ounces shy of my stretched ax10, and the 10T makes that thing scoot, and it's got way more torque than I could possibly need...

(at worst, see how hard it would be to flip direction on your axial tranny and point the motor towards the rear to clear the motor)
cool thanks, I am really considering it, no way to flip tranny and keep the seat so I'll just cut into the seat some more and hopefully not have to move seat frwd so the Driver will still fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep View Post
this has turned out FABULOUS!!!
i love supers. good job toy4crawlin.
Right Awn ! Thank you
Long live Supers
Old 11-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #215

just wow..... this larger scale thread really makes me wanna get something really big! and ur stereo system isnt helping with the ideas!
yusk8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusk8ing View Post
just wow..... this larger scale thread really makes me wanna get something really big! and ur stereo system isnt helping with the ideas!
Thanks
I'm a bit surprised I have not seen any RC's yet with music in them, other than I think the guy that built his own winch on his custom crawler.

I built a berg, well actually built it twice and Now I am back and sis some re working and touch ups, Like the Front shock mounts and painted the speaker box

Just need to paint up some new body panels and a new roof.

What I have done so far

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 02-06-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #217
Pebble Pounder

sweet build man! im working on mine with a 1/6 scale Silverado body (gonna be a truggy when its all said and done), and im using RC4wd 1/5 scale axles. A bit pricey, but i think it will be worth it in the long run. Also, if your looking for a tough 2 speed tranny, go with the traxxas summit transmission. its a bit large, but will handle what your trying to do just fine. Im actually going to use 2 summit trannies and 2 brushless motors on EACH tranny. So its gonna be pretty tough in the end. Once again, sweet build man!
savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Looking into a more Scale Tire and shorten the wheel base to better fit my area of crawling

I'm digging the Rok-Lox and the Proline TSL swamper.
I will make my own Beadlock Rock Rings .
Did a little paintbrush work

Attached Images

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 10-17-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #219

Very cool build, thanks for sharing.
Mr.Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

yep. thank u.

Going under the Knife

Time for a more all over True scale setup. The rocks around here just dont give a challenge and are to large for this rig and NO Body has a Large RIG

With Moab Xl 40 series the outside track was 15 ", Going down to 11" !

With new DE racing Trinidad shortcourse wheels 2.2/3.0 and ProLine TSL SX tires they are 12" outside.
So narrow the axles so the outside will be 11 1/4 "
Shorten WB from 18 to 16 "
Attached Images

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 11-15-2010 at 11:21 PM.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large-scale-rigs/66983-project-full-throttle-super-comp-crawler-mp3-stereo.html
Posted By For Type Date
Emaxx-Revo-Losi 1/5 AWD On-Road racer - Page 2 - RC-Monster Forums This thread Refback 03-01-2013 04:11 PM
Toyota vs Jeep discussion? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum This thread Refback 02-27-2013 05:55 AM