Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: scale axles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default scale axles

im thinking about building a larger scale tuber simular to a "poison spyder bruiser 5", what would be a good looking scale axles, im looking to use 40 series wheels and tires
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Provo
Posts: 1,868
Default

for strength and simplicity look into twinforce/madforce axles
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

ok, i know it wouldnt be scale but would rc4wd's raptor axles work
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Provo
Posts: 1,868
Default

well if ya want scale get the twin/mad if im correct the raptor axles are a clodtype axle with motors on them
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

yes i know the motors are on the axles, im looking for the best performing axles, for a large scale tuber, which will be simi scale
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Provo
Posts: 1,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_crawler View Post
yes i know the motors are on the axles, im looking for the best performing axles, for a large scale tuber, which will be simi scale
i still say twinforce/madforce
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

ok thanks, i might try it both ways, if the budget is good, and if the raptors dont work out like i want i will use them on a comp super class rig
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Crawler practice!
Posts: 2,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_crawler View Post
ok thanks, i might try it both ways, if the budget is good, and if the raptors dont work out like i want i will use them on a comp super class rig
do you know rc4wd have you ever orderd from their

By the time you get those rapter axles i bet something will be wrong on them or they will be missing parts

stick with txt mad twin force axles or evenx factor axles
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
do you know rc4wd have you ever orderd from their

By the time you get those rapter axles i bet something will be wrong on them or they will be missing parts

stick with txt mad twin force axles or evenx factor axles
i think im going to try one of those axles first, hopefully they work good, I see you live in modesto, i live about 45 minutes north east of you in the little town of valley springs, when i get my crawler done we should go crawl together, where are there good places to crawl at around here??
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ****, SL,UT
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rocks? View Post
for strength and simplicity look into twinforce/madforce axles
you can use wk axles to the are almost 1/6 size maby 1/7-8
Wheely King Axle Breakdown pics
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Crawler practice!
Posts: 2,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_crawler View Post
i think im going to try one of those axles first, hopefully they work good, I see you live in modesto, i live about 45 minutes north east of you in the little town of valley springs, when i get my crawler done we should go crawl together, where are there good places to crawl at around here??
my dad lives in copper and my step bother lives in san andreas SP?
i havent been up their to crawl mainly i crawl with the www.nor-calrcrc.com guys
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

cool, it will be a while bofore my rig is done, most of my money is tied up in 1/10 scale nitro truck racing and electric touring car racing, im going to try and sell my backup nitro truck and that alone will give me enough to build any rig i want
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Crawler practice!
Posts: 2,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_crawler View Post
cool, it will be a while bofore my rig is done, most of my money is tied up in 1/10 scale nitro truck racing and electric touring car racing, im going to try and sell my backup nitro truck and that alone will give me enough to build any rig i want
i used to race my maxx at the track in sanora but since it went under new ownership a few years ago i never went back :-( ide like to check into and see if they race 1/8 scale their
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #14
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

i will check next time im up there, i havent tried racing my maxx anywhere, i like how fast my losi xxx-nt is, but im looking at slowing down the pace and start crawling
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: northern
Posts: 30
Default

I would go with the Twin/mad force axles they are tough and good looking
Only down side as I see it might be parts availability
Monster RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #16
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GUAM
Posts: 7
Default X Factor Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rocks? View Post
well if ya want scale get the twin/mad if im correct the raptor axles are a clodtype axle with motors on them
WELL I SAY X FACTOR AXLES FOR TE SCALE LOOK AND THE DURABILATY FOR YOUR TRUCKS POWER!!
RED DIRT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Default

I'm going to try wheely king axles because they are cheap
Auto-xer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #18
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
dezfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Happiness is a warm AK.
Posts: 12,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M715ForLife View Post
PLEASE STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS, IT MEANS YOUR YELLING!!!
Hello pot, this is kettle.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Crawler practice!
Posts: 2,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Hello pot, this is kettle.
lolz
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com