Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: Twins!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #121
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

Should I get them too?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #122
[HOONIGAN]
 
Wrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 4,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Should I get them too?
Please,
Then you can save me the money of getting them first if they don't work out.

....and get them in softs too.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #123
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Point, VA
Posts: 72
Default

I have a booooner (in voice of the superbad guy) that thing is straight sexy but a little too high. keep up the good work
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #124
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin92xj View Post
I have a booooner (in voice of the superbad guy) that thing is straight sexy but a little too high. keep up the good work
It is tall because it has no weight on it. It sits alot lower with 14 cells, a Emaxx tranny, 2 motors, interior, driver, and various other things that make it complete.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #125
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Point, VA
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
It is tall because it has no weight on it. It sits alot lower with 14 cells, a Emaxx tranny, 2 motors, interior, driver, and various other things that make it complete.
O makes since. What shocks are u runin? I loved slugz' builds and i have a 02 Ranger fx4 so i knew i had to build one so i bought the body in cause it got wiped out. I love the stompers there perfect like 42s. by the way what motors are u runin in the maxx trans?

Last edited by rockin92xj; 01-15-2008 at 08:15 PM.
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #126
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

Slugz built this one!

It's running aluminum savage shocks. So far I have run 45 turns in it, 55's and some Mag Mayhems Not sure what I will run it as soon as I get it back together.

And I do not like the way the Stompers look. All-T's thank you.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave
 
slugzracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Goodall
Posts: 2,518
Default

You know you want the mag mayhems....


Shelly now does the reverse wheelie on 55turns
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #128
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing View Post
You know you want the mag mayhems....
I am having trouble keeping brushes in them, I think I need the comm's trued or something?

I wonder how those Puller motors would work.......
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave
 
slugzracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Goodall
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I am having trouble keeping brushes in them, I think I need the comm's trued or something?

I wonder how those Puller motors would work.......
You would find the weak spot in the drive line real quick
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #130
[HOONIGAN]
 
Wrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 4,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Slugz built this one!

It's running aluminum savage shocks. So far I have run 45 turns in it, 55's and some Mag Mayhems Not sure what I will run it as soon as I get it back together.

And I do not like the way the Stompers look. All-T's thank you.
I'm open for donations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing View Post
You know you want the mag mayhems....


Shelly now does the reverse wheelie on 55turns

Those were so freakin hilarious in moab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I am having trouble keeping brushes in them, I think I need the comm's trued or something?

I wonder how those Puller motors would work.......
Those puller motors would be awesome!!!!
They would definitely hold up to the torture (the rest of the drive train wouldn't though), but how would get them to fit? Flip the tranny so the motors stuck out the back? Wouldn't they either hit the seats or hit rear cage?
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave
 
slugzracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Goodall
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
but how would get them to fit? Flip the tranny so the motors stuck out the back? Wouldn't they either hit the seats or hit rear cage?
They might just barely slide under the cage out back, that could also be modified
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #132
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

See those gears? Tranny gears 7075 and brass idlers UE Ultramaxx They are made to hold up to 8xl Fiego BL motors. TXT axles are extremly tough, not worried there. I guess Maxx shafts are the weak link-easy fix, Revo!

But yea there is not too much room back there for bigger motors, but I do have a hacksaw!!




666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #133
[HOONIGAN]
 
Wrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 4,269
Default

Well then what are you waiting for?!
Those motors are hands down the best things out on the market.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #134
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,711
Default

Shelly still around?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 AM   #135
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 540 Mabuchi Motorola?
Posts: 204
Default

is there any video of this?
Jones323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #136
666
MODERHATER™
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,939
Default

My version is almost done!!

If you do a search on Shelly you will find a plethora of reading and viewing pleasure.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #137
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
My version is almost done!!

If you do a search on Shelly you will find a plethora of reading and viewing pleasure.

Read and looked at every post, picture and other info I have five 1:6 scale projects waiting for me to "start" them, one being a Ranger. I think I'll call her Kelly

Last edited by Gula; 12-13-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave
 
slugzracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Goodall
Posts: 2,518
Default

Kelly is taken, Nelly is open though

There have actually been some changes to Shelly but she will not be up and running till about new years when I have some free time
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #139
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing View Post
Kelly is taken, Nelly is open though

There have actually been some changes to Shelly but she will not be up and running till about new years when I have some free time
Ok I'll call mine Nelly, maybe even Belly. Any pics of the changes. What's the status of the Tow rig?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com