Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1/6 SS Silverado first scaler lots of pic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #41

The emblems will just be stickers, they will be small but the guy that I get them from says he can do them so we'll see how the turnout when I get around to getting them.

As for that axles I got mine of ebay, found a used chassie and axles that wasnt to beat up, cleaned the housing, upgraded the diffs and loctited the set screws and they were good as new.

Another choce is to buy a new X2 and use just the axles but that leaves you with a axleless truck.

And the most expensive choice is to buy all the parts to build the axles. Thats if you are willing to spend like $350.00 - $400.00 for just a set of axles. Let me say I looked into it.
SSMuddHauller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/6 SS Silverado first

I'd be very interested in getting a set of those stickers for my truck as well. Could you possibly get a few (three or four) extra sets from him that I could then purchase from you? It would absolutely great if you wouldn't mind doing that.
BeeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

How did you rig up the suicide doors? Were they able to be opened already or did you cut them free? Im only asking cause mine do not swing freely they are solid with the body.
Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

they come like that. (i have one too)
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #45

Ill let you know on the stickers like I said whenever I get to getting them

and as long as it a 1/6 truck it should have the lambo doors.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/6 SS Silveardo first

Thanks, whenever you find out about the stickers please let me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed they the turn out as you want them too.

I agree, all of the 1/6 Jesse James Silverado SS hardbody trucks had the swing up 'lambo' style doors.

I was just thinking about your 'bent' toe links. I wonder if you mounted the toe link rod end on the front side of the servo horn, instead of the back side, if that would eliminate the need to bend the link.

Last edited by BeeRC; 12-03-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

looks sweet. how do you think that body would look with wk axles? since they are wide for 1/10 scale maybe theyed look good under that body
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #48
RCC Addict

looks like a dikemobile with those wheels, haha j/k it looks good man
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #49

Thanks guys got a couple more upgrade done, 2x 55 lathe motors,

upgrade the slipper, Deans connector for motors, and new shackels and a

homemade tow strap. Here are some pics havent had time to test it out

but I think it should be a ton better than the titan motors.

Still havent gotten around to gettin the stickers made, maybe this

weekend. And as for as the toe link if it was mounted in frt of the servo

horn it would be even worse and it may hit hit the edge of the wheel when

turning lock to lock. Plus having it behind the horn lets you have better

aproach angles without hitting rocks.

As for the WK axkes not sure if they would look good. The width of the

truck is 10" fender to fender. If they are 9" to 10" I would say they might

look alright. I think the X axles are a bit wide at 14" hex to hex but they

work.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

I just finished a 1/6 scale jeep and im have problems with my maxx slipper. it slips haha what upgrade is that? is it a traxxas part?
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:22 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

cant find a ruler to measure th widht. i think the axles look to wide for the truck too. maybe if they where the wheels width narrower.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Your truck is progressing along really nicely!

It sounds like you may have the stickers for your truck soon. They should be a great scale touch on it!.....Do you think you might be able to get some extras (actually six) that I could then purchase from you? It would be great if you could possibly do that. (If you can, I would be happy to pay you for them in advance.)

Keep up the good work on your rig. It just keeps gettin better all the time!

PS: Your new shackles/'D-Rings' look really good. Would you mind letting me know how, or where, I could buy some of them for my truck too? Thanks a million! (I guess you can tell I really like the way you are doing your truck...lol)

Last edited by BeeRC; 12-11-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Your truck is progressing along really nicely!

It sounds like you may have the stickers for your truck soon. They should be a great touch on it!.....Do you think you would you be able to get some extras (actually six) that I could then purchase from you ? It would be great if you could possibly do that. (If you can, I would be happy to pay you for them in advance.)

Keep up the good work on your rig. It just keeps gettin better all the time!

PS: Your new shackles/'D-Rings' look really good. Would you mind letting me know how, or where, I could buy some of them for my truck too? Thanks a million!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #54

Got a little time for a test run last night in my basement and there is a definate improvement over the titan motors and the slipper upgrade. Only thing is I think I have the slipper set to tight because its pretty much locked, it didnt seem to even phase the motors or the trans though. I had a tow test pulling a lawn chair around and I couldnt get it to break loose. I think it was to slippery on the concrete because the tires were just spinning. It was sure cool hearing the slingers howl though, they sound just like the real thing.

As far as the slipper upgrade Robinson Racing makes it. The one I got is actualy for a t-maxx but it also works on the e-maxx. Here is a link for it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBJB6&P=7
this is the one I bought but they also have ones with steel spur gears.

Thanks on the shackels they were the only ones I could find with a 4mm pin size to fit my holes. Here is a link were I got them from.
http://mauriprosailing.com/Merchant2..._Code=SHACKLES

As far as the stickers you want 6 total of the 2500 hd right. Ill get extras they shouldnt be no more than 20-30 bucks Ill post a pic as soon as I get them. Im not sure if he is going to be able to have the duramax diesel incorperated with the 2500 hd, he may have to do two stickers rather than just one, Ill see and let you know.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

It's good to hear your new setup is working better for you. By the way, have you noticed what kind of run times you have been getting?

Thanks very much for letting me know about the stickers and the shackles.

Yes, I will need 6 each of the 2500HD stickers, and 6 each of the Duramaxx diesel stickers. The price seems pretty high for stickers, but if that is what he charges, there's not much we can do about it. (Did you mean $20 to $30 for both mine and yours together, or just for mine? If its for all of them, then the price doesn't really seem so bad after all.)

Anyway, I think I will go ahead and order the shackles like yours from Mauri Pro Sailing. They look likke a quality product. I'll probably get 2 for the front bumper and 2 for the rear bumper. By the way, did it take long for you to receive your shackles after you ordered them?

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the stickers when you post them up.

Thanks very much again.

Last edited by BeeRC; 12-14-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #56

Still have not gotten around to getting the stickers, ended up getting 10" of snow last weekend and didn't get to getting them. Plus I kinda put everthing on hold because did a little snow bogging and I ended up frying my speed control. So the trucks dead as of now until I get around to getting a new one. I havent even started working on the dmax body yet so I really dont need the stickers yet, but as soon as I get them Ill let you know.

As far as the run times with the lathe motors and the 4200 battery packs I would estimate it at 2 to 2 1/2 hours on a full charge. That is with a couple stop to let the motors cool because they get a lot hotter that the old titian motors.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Too bad your truck is out of commission. Hopefully you can get it going again soon. What do you think caused your speed control to bite the dust?

You are getting really long run times with your new setup. How is it doing as far as bottom end torque and wheel speed are concerned?

Please let me know when you are ready to get the 2500HD and Duramaxx stickers. I'll be ready whenever you are!

Thanks a lot and a very merry Christmas to you and yours!

Last edited by BeeRC; 12-23-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

That truck looks awesome
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/6 SS Silverado

Any progress on the D-Maxx & 2500 HD stickers?

Any progress on getting your truck back in shape?

Hows the low end torque & wheelspeed with your new setup?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #60

Truck still out of commission found new speed control just haven't had time to get it, and its a little pricey at $180.

Haven't got around to getting the stickers because I need to get it mobil before I start buying other stuff.

There is a huge improvement over old set up. Its slow but has a lot more torque. Top speed in 1st maybe 4-5 mph, 2nd maybe 8-9 mph but it still has enough wheel speed to jump over or up stuff when needed.