Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New H2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New H2

I just picked this body up from another member on here. As this will be my first Scale build, I'm sure I will have lots of questions. I plan to use most of the stuff from my WK tuber build on this one; Primarily the Axles(SA fr+rear,though not total scale), motor(s), and maybe trans.

I plan to get some type of GR unit, maybe a GD600. I'd like to get a emaxx trans but would it be a bad idea to leave it as a 2-speed? And maybe use it for a trans.
I'm gonna get started on the Chassis this weekend. Gonna use 1/2" square tube(steel) And go from there.
Any advice/tips for this noob would be great. Thanks, Chris
shierkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #2

Hey man. That body looks way better on your truck that it did in my closet collecting dust! Good luck with the build!
2002firebirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, it got here quick. So, I get to start building her this weekend. I see I'm gonna have to get some bigger shoes for her though. but the WK axles do fit the body with nicely. More pics to come as I get going on it tomarrow. Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I got the tube for the frame rails cut in half last night.(pics later) I wish I had a band saw!!! I've got to figure out how much I'll need to cut from the under body to make it look right. But' I'm hoping to get them shaped up tonight and then welded up tomarrow at work.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #5

Hey man,

Regarding the wheels pictured being too small. I was going to do a scale build with that same body and had it matched up with the 40 series beadlocks and 40 series mashers. Looked really good. VERY scale.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

yeah I looked into them but, it comes out to a real HUGE rim at 1/6. I'm thinking of some Stampede rims and tires, they come out to about 19" w/39" tire. I've goatta guy gonna sell me a set brand new w/alumn. hexes for $35. Gonna get'em next weekend......hopefully. Thanks though.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

what does dimensions matter? if it looks good go for it.
Jamie-offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It only matters because I'm building this as scale as I possibly can so I don't want a rim thats way too big. I want to have a little meat for tires. I don't care much for the low pro look on a truck(off-road veh) That's pretty much it.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I know its scale but aslong as it looks scale whos going to go round measuring your rims?
Jamie-offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
yeah I looked into them but, it comes out to a real HUGE rim at 1/6. I'm thinking of some Stampede rims and tires, they come out to about 19" w/39" tire. I've goatta guy gonna sell me a set brand new w/alumn. hexes for $35. Gonna get'em next weekend......hopefully. Thanks though.

No problem man. Can't wait to see this thing when it's done. I'd like to do a large scale crawler in the spring so make sure to post how the pede wheels and tires look.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

looks pretty good
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I managed to make a little progress today. Got the rear portion of the frame rails shapped and ready to tack back together. I used the simple cut-bend technique:

Then I clamped the other rail to the first (after I straightened it back out) in order to get the same bends for the other side:

Hope to get the front bends done tomarrow. Also plan to get some pieces cut to box in the rails. Thanks to all that have looked.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #13

Talking

Quote:
I just picked this body up from another member on here. As this will be my first Scale build, I'm sure I will have lots of questions. I plan to use most of the stuff from my WK tuber build on this one; Primarily the Axles(SA fr+rear,though not total scale), motor(s), and maybe trans.
I plan to get some type of GR unit, maybe a GD600. I'd like to get a emaxx trans but would it be a bad idea to leave it as a 2-speed? And maybe use it for a trans.
I'm gonna get started on the Chassis this weekend. Gonna use 1/2" square tube(steel) And go from there.
Any advice/tips for this noob would be great. Thanks, Chris
Sweet score dude.I found one too but it has no interior or opening door's.But still.It's cool.

This was my first build too.

It's just as much fun to build them.So please keep us updated with picture's as you go.I'm just starting to hook up light's now.
F350Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
I managed to make a little progress today. Got the rear portion of the frame rails shapped and ready to tack back together. I used the simple cut-bend technique:

Then I clamped the other rail to the first (after I straightened it back out) in order to get the same bends for the other side:

Hope to get the front bends done tomarrow. Also plan to get some pieces cut to box in the rails. Thanks to all that have looked.
Couldn't u have heated that up and bent it manually instead of cutting? I've never bent rectangular tubing before so i wouldn't know, just wondering. It's gonna look sick though. One thing i'd do is, if you have the patience, fab up an IFS front suspension with a live rear axle. now that wuold be totally scale.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350Tonka View Post
Sweet score dude.I found one too but it has no interior or opening door's.But still.It's cool.

This was my first build too.

It's just as much fun to build them.So please keep us updated with picture's as you go.I'm just starting to hook up light's now.

Yeah but his is 1/6 scale!..
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #16

Ya sweet that was the next build that I was thinkin about.1/6th scale Sweet.But right now I have an Idea for a extreme crawler tuber style.From scatch.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I haven't replied on this thread. This kinda got put on the back burner for a while. I hope to get workin on it again soon.

I would have liked to have just bent the tube but, I don't have Torch that holds enough gas to get it hot enough. A friend of mine is gonna TIG it back together when I get all the bends done.

I will probably get rollin on this again here soon. Need to get some axials' for the 2.2 first. That way I can put the WKs' back under this one.

Thanks for the looks guys. Chris
Old 03-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #18

Is the last Car from a Toy store?
Jugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #19

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugger View Post
Is the last Car from a Toy store?
No the Body is and the traxx are the rest I built.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

sweet i like the trax on the one, and all the opening components on the other. all in all they both ar looking very good
scorpion ax-10 is offline   Reply With Quote