Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Locked Up RC

Notices

Thread: FI Lunchbox Spool for Axial Yeti & EXO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Default FI Lunchbox Spool for Axial Yeti & EXO

We are very happy to announce our solution to locking the Axial Exo & Yeti front end, our FI Lunchbox Spools!

When designing a full traction/diff replacement for the Axial Yeti & EXO control arm setups, we wanted to make something similar to our regular FI spool, but it HAD to work with stock differential output shafts, e-clips, etc. To be named "FI" it had to be indestructible, simple, cost effective, reasonable weight and of course offer a very, VERY tight fit to your axle shafts to eliminate slop.

So, we came up with our FI Lunchbox Spool.
"Lunchbox" because it drops into your stock carrier, similar to a 1:1 lunchbox locker... but because there is no differential action like a 1:1 Lunchbox, it's still technically a spool.

The full steel construction completely fills your stock differential carrier. So there is no slop.
The steel is "wall to wall". So you won't have pins and gears smashing through the plastic carrier like the stock setup.
Because the setup is 2 halves, it is actually easier than our regular FI Spool to test fit your differential output shafts outside of the vehicle and ensure you get a perfect, custom fit!

You can get all the details, and order, here:
FI Lunchbox Spool

Shown installed in a stock differential carrier:

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Locked Up; 04-15-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 01:49 AM   #2

Default Re: FI Lunchbox Spool for Axial Yeti & EXO

There should be a WARNING on your product page that running this lunchbox will bend dogbones like no other. Installed this on my Yeti yesterday and bent both dogbones within 10 minutes of use. No extreme bashing or anything. I don't see the purpose of this locker if it cannot be used more than 10 minutes. How have your other customers dealt with this? i can't be the only one with bent dogbones because of this locker.
RiDET4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDET4R View Post
There should be a WARNING on your product page that running this lunchbox will bend dogbones like no other. Installed this on my Yeti yesterday and bent both dogbones within 10 minutes of use. No extreme bashing or anything. I don't see the purpose of this locker if it cannot be used more than 10 minutes. How have your other customers dealt with this? i can't be the only one with bent dogbones because of this locker.
As many before you have discovered, the Yeti destroys front driveshafts quite easily with a locked front end. That is not unique to the LURC spool, any front locker produces the same risk.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Sorry you had a failure!

The locker is intended for aftermarket applications pointed towards rock crawling. Just like with a 1:1, if you lock an open axle you are putting more stress on the components inside it that they may not be ready for. Upgrading axles may not always be necessary but it is good advice so we will add something to the page.

thanks for the feedback

Last edited by Locked Up; 02-03-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Do I need one or two of these spools to lock the front Yeti diff? Thanxs.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I had the same problem with the Axial front locker. Kept bending universals. I opted for the blue monkey setup with the 6mm outputs. I broke my first blue monkey spool. I snapped a 5mm output. After switching no problems. BM setup uses MIP shafts for the front end. I drive my Yeti with the gas mashed pushing it to it's limits and beyond. Snapping front axles has nothing to do with the brand of the locker. My Yeti has cost me a whole lot in parts but I find it to me my most enjoyable RC.
Sapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Do I need one or two of these spools to lock the front Yeti diff? Thanxs.
Each unit you order has 2 halves which you use together to lock the differential.
So one spool locks one differential.

Unrelated FYI to those reading ...
These will work on other applications, they were just designed around the Yeti.
So they make a great budget option for any Axial based crawler (outside the SCX10-II).
Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanxs LURC. Good to know because I already ordered one from RPP. (Not at your current sale price though!)
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:44 AM   #9
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Thanxs LURC. Good to know because I already ordered one from RPP. (Not at your current sale price though!)
I won't lie.
It's always better for us if you order from us... but either way, thanks for the support!