Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Locked Up RC

Notices

Thread: Locked Up RC on Shapeways!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Locked Up RC on Shapeways!

The Shapeways nylon is pretty strong but the bumper mounts might benefit from some "beefing up"

I have a feeling that in an impact that the set screw holding the bumpers in place are wanging (technical term) that set screw area as they're being pushed back. Having a bit more material around the post mount and set screw might help.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #22
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Well, today I was on my rock pile and caught the rear bumper coming down off a rock and this happended. This is supposed to be the Shapeways professional plastic so I'm a little disappointed. I have almost come to the conclusion that 3D printing is not high enough quality to use in structural parts. I would really like to find a Zero-V Zero-H bumper mount in aluminum but I doubt there is enough demand to make it cost effective to make.

Can you take a close up of where it cracked?
I ask because I thought the shapeways stuff was made from white then dyed. But the area you have a crack all looks black to me.
So I'm wondering if this is some sort of blem?
Might be worth mentioning to Shapeways if that is the case... they may replace it for you.

Aluminum may not be totally out of the question.
Just have to see what the interest would be.

We absolutely can look into adding more material around the screws as well.

Last edited by Locked Up; 12-13-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #23
RCC Addict

The plastic cross section is indeed black exactly as it looks in the picture. I just assumed that was because this mount is the new "professional plastic". I'm currently using 3 of the Zero-H Zero-V mounts and 3 of the 11.5-H Zero-V mounts on various rigs. I love the extra options these mounts provide.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #24
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
The plastic cross section is indeed black exactly as it looks in the picture. I just assumed that was because this mount is the new "professional plastic". I'm currently using 3 of the Zero-H Zero-V mounts and 3 of the 11.5-H Zero-V mounts on various rigs. I love the extra options these mounts provide.

It may be that the professional is black throughout.
If you still have that ... maybe cut into it and see if it's white inside?
Old 01-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Hi everyone,

I just caught wind of these body mounts that allow the Vaterra K5 Blazer body to mount up cleanly on the TRX-4. My question is which material should I order? The professional is quite a bit more expensive but do I really need it? Of course, I'm sure this rig is going to spend some time on its lid and I don't want the mounts to break.

Just curious, but which TRX wheelbase does the Vaterra K5 body fit on best? I have both a TRX Defender and a Bronco.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM   #26
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Hi everyone,

I just caught wind of these body mounts that allow the Vaterra K5 Blazer body to mount up cleanly on the TRX-4. My question is which material should I order? The professional is quite a bit more expensive but do I really need it? Of course, I'm sure this rig is going to spend some time on its lid and I don't want the mounts to break.

Just curious, but which TRX wheelbase does the Vaterra K5 body fit on best? I have both a TRX Defender and a Bronco.

If you beat your truck to death I suspect the professional may be worth it but it can also depend on your driving style and vehicle weight.

The mounts were made withe the Defender for a model.
You can adjust the bronco to fit, and I feel like someone told us it fits .... but I do not have first hand experience with it fitting as we only have a defender here in the shop.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
If you beat your truck to death I suspect the professional may be worth it but it can also depend on your driving style and vehicle weight.

The mounts were made withe the Defender for a model.
You can adjust the bronco to fit, and I feel like someone told us it fits .... but I do not have first hand experience with it fitting as we only have a defender here in the shop.
OK, thanks for the update. I don't typically beat my rigs to death but I do want to be covered just in case of a bad mishap so I'll probably go with the professional material.

Since i have both trucks at my disposal, I'll install the K5 body and Locked Up mounts on both, snap some pics, and upload them on here.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Locked Up RC on Shapeways! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shapeways JatoTheRipper Chit Chat 15 12-21-2017 04:23 PM
My Shapeways Shop Fungi Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 08-19-2015 10:37 AM