Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Locked Up RC

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Black Steel Chubs & Portal Covers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Default TRX-4 Black Steel Chubs & Portal Covers

We are happy to officially announce our first of many TRX-4 parts...
TRX-4 Black Steel Portal Covers
&
TRX-4 Black Steel CHubs.

Our TRX-4 Black Steel Portal Covers help you add weight down low for a better overall COG.
These covers weigh 71g, fit within the stock footprint and have a great scale appearance.

Our TRX-4 Black Steel C Hubs also help you add weight down low for a better overall COG.
These C Hubs weigh 88g, fit within the stock footprint and also have a great scale appearance.

Stay tuned for more TRX-4 parts in the future and thanks for reading!

Last edited by Locked Up; 02-21-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX-4 Black Steel Chubs & Portal Covers

Now I wish I had not bought all of that brass. Would be great to see all steel housings under a rig after a little use.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I will be getting these parts but are we going to see inner front steering knuckles and rear inner portal and axle mounts too I hope I hope?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I will be getting these parts but are we going to see inner front steering knuckles and rear inner portal and axle mounts too I hope I hope?
Front steering knuckles = Absolutely
Already in prototyping

Rear parts = Maybe

"Maybe" because we are still trying to test with our truck to see if that is going to actually be hellpful.

The weight up front is a no brainer because it lowers overall COG (reducing rollovers) and helps keep the nose planted on climbs.

Weight out back lowers overall COG but doesn't help with climbing... just adds weight which makes most things harder.
But there is probably a happy medium someplace.

It could be that you see the best performance with just the covers out back, but we will probably at least prototype different things to see what works the best.

Last edited by Locked Up; 02-27-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I’m hoping for the diff covers soon. They will be on my immediate buy list.
5bites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Front steering knuckles = Absolutely
Already in prototyping

Rear parts = Maybe

"Maybe" because we are still trying to test with our truck to see if that is going to actually be hellpful.

The weight up front is a no brainer because it lowers overall COG (reducing rollovers) and helps keep the nose planted on climbs.

Weight out back lowers overall COG but doesn't help with climbing... just adds weight which makes most things harder.
But there is probably a happy medium someplace.

It could be that you see the best performance with just the covers out back, but we will probably at least prototype different things to see what works the best.
Would the steering knuckles by chance have the option to setup with or without ackerman?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Would the steering knuckles by chance have the option to setup with or without ackerman?
Prototypes don't.
They are zero ackermann.

All of our (LURC) use is for crawling where maximum steering throw on both sides is preferred, because you never know which tire will have contact with the ground.

I can look into the allowance for steering arms but it would drive the cost up too. Not sure if that is worth it?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #8

Zero Ackermann is the way to go.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #9
RCC Addict

So... not sure if testimonials are permitted in this section but I had to share and this seems like the most appropriate location.

Locked Up RC TRX4 Portal Covers:

I ordered these on a Thursday and had them sitting at my door on Friday afternoon! Although I'm not far from LURC, I didn't expect to see the items so quickly. I felt like they were being shipped before I was even logging off of their site! I must add that I had an issue not being able to apply a discount code which wound up being a problem on MY end, however... LURC took their own time and effort to help me resolve the issue. So I've also got to say that their customer service is absolutely top-shelf as well.

With aftermarket parts ( even parts that are spec'd as direct fit) there is sometimes slight variances that mean having to utilize a bit of force or pressure to get things lined up or seated correctly. Not the case with these portal covers. I was amazed ( especially with a total of 4 covers/ 32 screws) that these fit perfectly into place with absolutely no need to pry, wiggle, tweak, etc. Bearings also snapped into place with exacting tolerance. Honestly these could not have fit more precisely... No burrs, no rough edges, nor the slightest imperfection. Absolutely flawless all the way around.

So that was my first experience with LURC although I'm certain that it won't be my last. I love that these parts are steel and that they not only feel substantially heavier than the stock plastic covers, but that they look absolutely KILLER as well! Customer service, ship time, parts quality incl fit/ finish = A+.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
So... not sure if testimonials are permitted in this section but I had to share and this seems like the most appropriate location.

Locked Up RC TRX4 Portal Covers:

I ordered these on a Thursday and had them sitting at my door on Friday afternoon! Although I'm not far from LURC, I didn't expect to see the items so quickly. I felt like they were being shipped before I was even logging off of their site! I must add that I had an issue not being able to apply a discount code which wound up being a problem on MY end, however... LURC took their own time and effort to help me resolve the issue. So I've also got to say that their customer service is absolutely top-shelf as well.

With aftermarket parts ( even parts that are spec'd as direct fit) there is sometimes slight variances that mean having to utilize a bit of force or pressure to get things lined up or seated correctly. Not the case with these portal covers. I was amazed ( especially with a total of 4 covers/ 32 screws) that these fit perfectly into place with absolutely no need to pry, wiggle, tweak, etc. Bearings also snapped into place with exacting tolerance. Honestly these could not have fit more precisely... No burrs, no rough edges, nor the slightest imperfection. Absolutely flawless all the way around.

So that was my first experience with LURC although I'm certain that it won't be my last. I love that these parts are steel and that they not only feel substantially heavier than the stock plastic covers, but that they look absolutely KILLER as well! Customer service, ship time, parts quality incl fit/ finish = A+.
Thank you for the feedback!

Feel free to tell a friend too.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #11
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I haven't upgraded my TRX-4 yet (outside of stock electronics) because nothing has broken (outside of stock electronics). Steel C hubs and portal covers? Yessir I wouldn't mind a little scale rust under the rig! And some extra low and wide weight never hurts either.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I have a set of the C Hubs on my TRX4, awesome product and fit is perfect IMO. No slop where it slides on to the axle (even without screws), but only requires light pressure to press them on.

Really looking forward to the knuckles as well, any chance of an ETA on those?

Also, your customer service is great. Fixed my issue fast, with no hassle whatsoever. My first set of hubs showed up as 2 left hubs. CS sent me a whole new set the next day. 2nd set..... was 2 rights, lmao. Kept a right and a left, sent the second set back and got a very confused email from CS a couple of days later...
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:01 AM   #13
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I have a set of the C Hubs on my TRX4, awesome product and fit is perfect IMO. No slop where it slides on to the axle (even without screws), but only requires light pressure to press them on.

Really looking forward to the knuckles as well, any chance of an ETA on those?

Also, your customer service is great. Fixed my issue fast, with no hassle whatsoever. My first set of hubs showed up as 2 left hubs. CS sent me a whole new set the next day. 2nd set..... was 2 rights, lmao. Kept a right and a left, sent the second set back and got a very confused email from CS a couple of days later...

Still prototyping the knuckles.
We just want to make sure they are perfect so we have been going back and forth with them.

Patrick has a working set on his Bronco and that will probably be the first place you would see them:
Locked UP's TRX-4
BUT, I do not have an ETA on them.
Every time we make a change we have a lot of things to recheck!

He also has some FI spools in there.
Those are done with proto and I'd estimate those in 4-6 weeks.

We do try and sorry again for the confusion on those C-hubs.
We actually opened every bag to set things straight after that!

TRX-4 Black Steel Chubs & Portal Covers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Stock Now - New SSD Portal Delete Kits For TRX-4! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-08-2018 10:14 AM
Brass portal covers(knuckles) front and rear option geauxktm, Traxxas TRX-4 7 10-11-2017 05:22 PM
Inner Brass Portal Covers. djmaincheese Traxxas TRX-4 13 09-27-2017 02:17 AM
Traxxas TRX-4 Portal Axles Overview driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 06-04-2017 03:38 PM