Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Post your Battery Finds Here!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #21

Are we absolutely sure the ESC has a cutoff? I haven't seen any literature on it.

I've ran my Losi lipo several times now and it seems to get pretty damn low without shutting down.
wiseguy3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy3501 View Post
Are we absolutely sure the ESC has a cutoff?
I've ran mine down and it seems to quit steering when the battery gets low. I've asked around and my "lipo buddy" never heard of that type of cut off but he says it's possible. It'll stop steering but when I turn it off then back on it'll steer for 10-15 seconds and stop again. Charge the battery and it's fine. I don't know if that's the cut off or not but that's what I'm experiencing....

Also, when the stock battery is in the green LED glows. When the lipo is in, the red LED glows so it can tell the difference.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
I've ran mine down and it seems to quit steering when the battery gets low. I've asked around and my "lipo buddy" never heard of that type of cut off but he says it's possible. It'll stop steering but when I turn it off then back on it'll steer for 10-15 seconds and stop again. Charge the battery and it's fine. I don't know if that's the cut off or not but that's what I'm experiencing....

Also, when the stock battery is in the green LED glows. When the lipo is in, the red LED glows so it can tell the difference.
Thats close to what I'm seeing as well. As far as the Losi lipo, I know its got some sort of built in cutoff which I haven't hit either. Just kinda scary when it slows way down but doesn't cutoff.

Yeah it can tell the difference. Would be nice to know what the lights actually mean tho. Only lights that get detailed in the manual are the lights on the transmitter.
wiseguy3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgil2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankinator View Post
I ordered two of these...I will let you know how they work. I also ordered a 1000 Mah pack for my 1/10 crawler.

I got a coupon when I registered for 5 bucks off. So two micro packs and a spare for my 1/10 for $22 and change.
I finally got these batteries. Very pleased with the performance. Consistently over 20mins run time when general crawling (rarely am I ever at full throttle).

Shipping took awhile but I really couldn't beat the price.

The site says it comes with just a balance connector but these came with the balance connector and a JST on the battery lead. So you will need to be prepared to deal with that. I just bought a LOSB0860 "Connector set" to make a charge lead and battery plug x2.

So far each charge they have accepted 202-210 mah...pretty consistent.

I only have 2 cycles each on these packs...at this time I would recommend...a lot of bang for your buck.

Thanks for the link sgil2001....
Hankinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #25

Forgot to mention. With a little finess these aero-nuts 200mah 2s lipos WILL fit in the stock battery location. It's tight but it does fit. No battery lid required.

Thanks
Hankinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualcity View Post
RClipos.com (out of CA I think) has these for $10.95 and they are in stock. I haven't used them before so don't know about their shipping/ service....

http://www.rclipos.com/Hyperion_G3_CX.htm
You guys must have eat these up. I just go a couple of these: http://www.rclipos.com/ThunderPowerPro45C.htm TP325-2SP45J

I'll let you know how they do.
bud212002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

No more waiting for a battery to charge
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Dang! im using a hobby zone 300 mah 7.4v
bmx_ican92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
You'll be waiting for the motor to cool instead!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
That is just absurd...
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud212002 View Post
You guys must have eat these up. I just go a couple of these: http://www.rclipos.com/ThunderPowerPro45C.htm TP325-2SP45J

I'll let you know how they do.
We have those along with a smaller 250maH that is only 1cm longer than the stock battery. Plus it is 5bucks cheaper than the larger 325maH!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #32

I'm using two 240mah 20c single cell packs from hobbyking.com in series for my pack. It's just about the same size as the stock NIMH.
Bohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I just got 2(sorry,not 14) of those 2s180mah Zippy's from H.K. as well. You can't beat'em for $2.96
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmike65 View Post
I just got 2(sorry,not 14) of those 2s180mah Zippy's from H.K. as well. You can't beat'em for $2.96
I'm not seeing those listed on KH's site...?
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy3501 View Post
Are we absolutely sure the ESC has a cutoff? I haven't seen any literature on it.
I spoke with a Losi tech the other day and he said that it does not have an LVC.

I have ordered a few of the Thunder Power 250 mAh 2S packs from Krawler Hobbies. When the come in, I'll post up a few pics and info on run time and motor temps.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
I'm not seeing those listed on KH's site...?
Ours are not list. Should be up by this weekend! If you are needing some just shoot me a PM or a email. Oh, and ours are not backordered!

-Jason
Old 01-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #37
RCC Addict

We just got finished adding the Micro Lipos to our site!

-Jason
Old 01-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I spoke with a Losi tech the other day and he said that it does not have an LVC.

I have ordered a few of the Thunder Power 250 mAh 2S packs from Krawler Hobbies. When the come in, I'll post up a few pics and info on run time and motor temps.
you can watch the video of rich trujillo himself on you tube and he is asked about the lipo cut off and yes they do have one and i myself have hit the lipo cut off on my micro crawler you will lose forward and reverse but you will still have steering thats how you know when you have hit the cut off ...
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
you can watch the video of rich trujillo himself on you tube and he is asked about the lipo cut off and yes they do have one and i myself have hit the lipo cut off on my micro crawler you will lose forward and reverse but you will still have steering thats how you know when you have hit the cut off ...
Yes, I know what happens when a lipo hits the LVC, I was just reporting the answer that I was given from a tech at Losi.

Are you saying that the ESC has an LVC or that your battery does? Because Losi states that their lipo has an internal LVC:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0863

"Internal circuit protection to prevent over charge and over discharge"

That is much different than the ESC having an LVC.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Ok, I just watched the I Hobby video that I think you are referring to (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx-ZPgXwS-E) and about 3 minutes into the video he does address the LVC, but still isnt exactly clear. He just states that it will recognize the chemistry of the battery. I'll have to wait to see if it really does when I get my lipos in and get them installed on my Micro.