Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Post your Battery Finds Here!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post

Read comment at post #56
my bad.

anywho, what about this one? i'm a total newb when it comes to lipos.
it seems to be using the stock losi plugs, but theres no balance port? what kind of charger would work for some thing like this?

Last edited by murdock; 02-13-2010 at 09:31 AM.
murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock View Post
anywho, what about this one? i'm a total newb when it comes to lipos.
it seems to be using the stock losi plugs, but theres no balance port? what kind of charger would work for some thing like this?
Yep, no way to balance them. You can use any Lipo charger on those packs, but would need a connector to fit the batteries.

BTW, you know that those are only one cell packs, right? 3.7V....which is lower than your stock battery.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

and they're 600mah...that's WAY too big. the 350mah packs i got fit 100% PERFECT on the rear axle. the smaller, 180mah packs, fit in the stock location.
GSRswapandslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

see i would have never caught that. but i did know the stock voltage.
im just looking for a good cheap replacement batt(s) w/ a nice but cheap beginner charger, im tired of nimh/nicd
and i have this rpp gift card but im clueless.
murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock View Post
see i would have never caught that. but i did know the stock voltage.
im just looking for a good cheap replacement batt(s) w/ a nice but cheap beginner charger, im tired of nimh/nicd
and i have this rpp gift card but im clueless.
Then you need to contact Jason at www.krawlerhobbies.com He has that Thunder Power pack that I used in stock and ready to go. The connector wont work with the losi stuff, but just swap them both over to micro deans and you're good. I cant recommend a cheap charger, but I use the Hyperion EOS606I for all of my batteries and it works perfectly.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

the hyperion is so vastly overpriced. the accucell, the thunder a6/ac6, or any of the "cheap" ones work JUST as good...if not better. i sold all my "name brand" chargers when i got out of 1/8 e-buggy racing last season and bought all cheap ones, and prefer them.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

X2 I have a cheap $6 3 cell lipo charger/balancer that works just as well as my $65 Apache from a few years ago, and that doesn't even balance on its own
I found the $6 charger/balancer on HiModel site I posted but its on ebay for a few $$ more
You can also easily find a Lipo/Nimh charger cheaply
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post
the hyperion is so vastly overpriced
Yeah, I didnt say it was cheap....just that it works really well and that I am happy with it. If I were only wanting to charge a small micro lipo, then I would definitely look for something cheap. However, I also use mine to charge much larger batteries at a much higher current.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #89
RCC Addict

The nice thing about the Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC is that it is now even cheaper! 109.95! But, I would be carefull with the "cheaper" chargers and balancers. The balancers in those only balance the cells within 5% of each other. The EOS0606i is -1%.

But back on topic. The Thunder Power 250's are perfect for the Micros! Great crawl times and wheel speed. First upgrade I would do to one!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

let me guess, you're a deal for them huh? yeah, i figure you are...especially lying like that. balance to 5%? um..ok. I've had SEVERAL "cheap" chargers, most of the guys i race with run them, my best friends run them and i've NEVER seen one not balance JUST as good as ANY of the "high priced/name brand" chargers. 4.2v is 4.2v. My chargers always balance to 4.2v, and i check them via a DVOM. You can't magically balance better than that. This 5% and 1% crap is just that...CRAP.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

LOL....for $109 I can buy a two or three B6 chargers....don't need a fancy name to charge batteries
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
let me guess, you're a deal for them huh? yeah, i figure you are...especially lying like that. balance to 5%? um..ok. I've had SEVERAL "cheap" chargers, most of the guys i race with run them, my best friends run them and i've NEVER seen one not balance JUST as good as ANY of the "high priced/name brand" chargers. 4.2v is 4.2v. My chargers always balance to 4.2v, and i check them via a DVOM. You can't magically balance better than that. This 5% and 1% crap is just that...CRAP.

Hey, no sweat. Take it or leave it. It is your opion and your lipos. If your happy running the "cheap" charger, then great. Hope it works out for you!

Oh, and be careful about that vendor bashing here on RCC. They don't like that to much...

-Jason
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

it's not vendor bashing when the vendor extends and outright lie to bash a competitors product. If i would have personally attacked YOUR BUSINESS, that's one thing....but i merely stated that you, as an individual, were lying. huge difference. just stopping the spread of misinformation, that's what forums are for.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Okay, will it was not a lie. It was the information that is presented to us about our products from our manufactors. It was never to "bash" another companies product. Howver, you saying that we are lying to our customers is. If you have issues with us or the way we do business, I would be more than happy to do so in PM. A public fourm is not the place. This is getting way off topic and I will not address this here.
-Jason
Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
I would be carefull with the "cheaper" chargers and balancers. The balancers in those only balance the cells within 5% of each other. The EOS0606i is -1%. -Jason

if you're not lying, where's the PROOF to back this up? If there is no, then that's liable. That's not only illegal, but it's morally wrong to spread unfounded misinformation on a public forum.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Once again, I am not going to argue this point here with you. That can be done else where and by other means. If I have said something that you do not like, well I apologize. If our statement is wrong, I apologize. Like I stated before, this is the information we were givin about our products and we are just passing it along. So, any further statments you may have about me or our business, please feel free to PM me.

-Jason
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #97
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
Once again, I am not going to argue this point here with you. That can be done else where and by other means. If I have said something that you do not like, well I apologize. If our statement is wrong, I apologize. Like I stated before, this is the information we were givin about our products and we are just passing it along. So, any further statments you may have about me or our business, please feel free to PM me.

-Jason

Done Deal!!

guys, get back on topic.
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Has anyone tried changing out the ESC to get longer run time and to run a larger lipo?

-Jason
Old 02-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Has anyone tried changing out the ESC to get longer run time and to run a larger lipo?

-Jason

Changing it out to what?
Bigger Lipo? like what? a 3S.....no need in this tiny rig.
In fact I run 1S2P 560mah packs and am getting upwards of 45 minutes....by the end of that I am tired and the motor needs a break
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #100

Quote:
and they're 600mah...that's WAY too big. the 350mah packs i got fit 100% PERFECT on the rear axle. the smaller, 180mah packs, fit in the stock location.
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-7V-600mAh-20C-...item3a58587d09

Whats wrong with these batts? I was looking into getting one untill I saw that you think it would not fit...

I thought that it would settle nicely between the two front shocks since they are 25mm apart and that is the approx width of the battery...

600mah probably = 45 min of runtime, 3.7v = less twitchy at low speeds, and $0.99 = cheap!

sounds like a win-win...? what do you think?
hard_rock is offline   Reply With Quote