Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Post your Battery Finds Here!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #121
RCC Addict

I run these 1s1p 600mah I found 3 for $10 shipped. They work with my shockless torsion chassis but may not fit if you're running shocks.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35109
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

I successfully put together a 1200mah 1S2P....96 minutes of run time
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
I successfully put together a 1200mah 1S2P....96 minutes of run time
How big is that compared to the stock battery? And will it work with the stock ESC? 96 minutes is a dream to me!
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 AM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucamonga Crawler View Post
I am using a 1s2p 400mah batteries they have great run times and slow the crawler down so it is not as punchy as with a 2s.
What kind of runtimes are you getting with that?
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoovey2004 View Post
How big is that compared to the stock battery? And will it work with the stock ESC? 96 minutes is a dream to me!
40x24x15mm
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Hi, I'm about to but 2 micro crawlers, one for me and one for my wife. My wife wants a beetle and I want a TMC chassis, but we both want lipos and longer run times.

I've found some 180mah 2s batteries that I can use, but wondered on the run times. the same as has been posted before with JST plugs, flight something they are called. I've found the 350 versions too.

I've also seen the walkera 500mah 1s lipos, do these work or are they too big, not not enough c rating? But I think it may only be 10c and not enough? http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/product.a...umCurrencyID=2

I've got a couple of flightpower 800mah bateries from my CX2 heli, but guess they are huge?

Also, what size will the the battery need to be please? As said, I am getting the TMC and my wife may run stock/droop or the Torsion chassis and I guess both batteries go on the back?

I also found these 500mah 2s batteries, but they seem big and heavy. http://www.giantcod.co.uk/charge-loo...-p-404351.html

Ideally I'd like 20-30 minute run times and if needed buy 3 batteries for each, one to use, one to charge and one to cool if needed.

Also, what connectors are people using? Losi connectors see expensive and not very common. I see many batteries come with JST red connectors with about 20g wire, is that enough? If so would make charging on the bantum bC6 easier as I already have a connector for that.

1s in the uk seems hard to find.

Thanx.

Last edited by Boos Boy; 06-07-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Boos Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

A 2s 180mah isn't going to get you past stock runtimes - maybe 6-8 minutes. A minute or two, give or take, depending on the throttle use.

The 500mah Lipos you link to concern me because of the price and the way they "look" - like generic unlabeled cells from China: like these a few of us are about to try. Note they are 400mah, 10c, and for $9.99 we're getting five of them.

I don't know a whole lot about batteries but all the quality batteries that I've seen have never been advertised with the generic printing code that is pictured (in your link and in mine). So while that 500mah would get you more runtime, I'm just not sure if it's really worth the $14.99, especially at 10c... Sit tight and we'll let you know how our 400mah work for us.

FYI: the 2s 180ah I use is this one and I like it fine.

"Mini Deans" are the connectors many of us are using. You can use whatever you prefer, of course. Naturally, the fewer types of connectors you're dealing with when charging the easier it will be. My charger came with several types of connectors including the standard Deans, but I needed to make a Deans-to-MiniDeans "adapter" for my Micro batteries...no big deal.

To fit nicely on the rear axle tray the battery dimensions shouldn't exceed: 35mm x 22mm x 20mm (LxWxH). These length and height dimensions are pushing it - you won't want to go bigger if you want it squarely on the rear axle (32mm long and something closer to 10-15mm high will fit and look better). Of course, stick to the stock size for running the battery in the stock tray.

FYI: the stock Nimh battery is 32x20x10mm; the 2s 180mah Lipo: 33x20x10mm (a snug fit in the stock battery tray/holder).

The 2s 180mah Lipo on the rear axle (DP Tosion Chassis; see my build thread in my signature for more info):

(Quickie iPhone picture.)

Last edited by JeepinOR; 06-07-2010 at 07:58 AM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #128
Pebble Pounder

Thanx for that, I think I'll get some mini deans too.

The other batteries I have found are flightmax, I think they have been mentioned on here before?

I've now found the dimensions:
Capacity: 180mAh
Voltage:
2S / 2 Cell / 7.4v
Discharge:
15C Constant
Weight:
15g (including balance & discharge plug)
Dimensions:
35x20x11mm
Balance & Discharge Plug: JST-XH & Mini JST plug

and the 350mah:
Capacity: 350mAh
Voltage: 2S / 2 Cell / 7.4v
Discharge: 20C Constant
Weight: 21g (including balance & discharge plug)
Dimensions: 40x22x20mm
Balance & Discharge Plug: JST-XH & Mini JST plug

So, although the 350mah are better run times and only 5g heavier, they may not fit being 40mm? I was thinking of getting 3 for each crawler, but maybe I'll wait and see about the 400 1s you have. But, I'm excited as we get the crawlwers at the weekend :o) Might have to get something for now, so are you saying it may be safer to go for the 180s?

I'm going to put the TMC chassis on mine, not sure about my wifes yet, maybe the dp torsion chassis for ease of use if that makes a difference to what battery we get. The prices of these batteries are the same too.

Last edited by Boos Boy; 06-07-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Boos Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #129
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Boy View Post
...Might have to get something for now, so are you saying it may be safer to go for the 180s?
I'm going to put the TMC chassis on mine, not sure about my wifes yet, maybe the dp torsion chassis for ease of use if that makes a difference to what battery we get.
Considering physical size, the 180's are safe to get - they'll fit great.
The 40mm will hang over the axle plate but may work (I'm guessing as I look at the picture of the 33mm long lipo I posted above)... Indeed, the DP Torsion chassis allows a longer battery because of the lack of shocks to get in the way. This brings up an excellent point - my suggestions on battery length were given while I was looking at my DP chassis.
You may want to compare the above picture with pictures of the TMC chassis to see how other peoples' batteries fit.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #130

so is 3.7v really enough for general crawling? am I going to be stalling on climbs? looking at getting some of these 1sp 400mah: http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_inf...roducts_id=603

also, how long does it take to ship from these guys? it says 1-4 weeks

last thing, this thread should be stuck... It took way too long for me to re-find it...
hard_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
I just got a couple of these from my LHS. $14 Canadian and they fit perfect on the rear axle, even on the servo if you trim the body.

anybody tried these batteries yet? I want one but would like to know the run time for a 2s 240mah...

and does it fit in the stock location? It sure looks like it would...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_rock View Post
anybody tried these batteries yet? I want one but would like to know the run time for a 2s 240mah...

and does it fit in the stock location? It sure looks like it would...

These little hyperion batts are great ,reasonably priced ,available locally here .
And they work ,pack a punch for sure .
I have them from a 180 mah 2s to a 5000 mah 3s that I run in series ,and every size in between .

I dont have the 240 that advercity has there yet . I want to pick one up next time i hit PM ,,maybe today .
The 180's are a great fit ,these dont look much bigger .
I also have 320 mah 2s hyperion that i'm using in my trekker .
I decased the esc and the 320 lays across the top right now .
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #133

hey thanks for the reply... hoping that the 240 is around the same size as the stock battery, looks like it in the photo but we will see (38x22x15mm)
still cant decide between the 2s and 1s...

1s could be run in parrallel and be a very compact 25c 480mah and get some crazy run times, but not much punch.
2s seems pretty over powered and twitchy
Old 04-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #134

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1585

anyone use this one yet? Or see any reason why it wouldn't work?

It is one of the few available locally here for a decent price.
Icicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

Default 1/24 Trail Trekker Battery info

If you just bought one of these bad boys then you might be looking to make your our charging adaptor and need to know what type of plugs it uese.

I bought two Dynomite 7.4v 2s lipo 180mah batteries from amazon for $15 each and I will need to swap out the plugs as well.

So I called Losi and found out the exact part number that you need to swap the plugs and make your own charger adaptor

The connector is part # LOSB0860 and is $3.00 from Horizon Hobby http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0860
and comes with both male and female plugs with leads! Sweet deal.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1585

anyone use this one yet? Or see any reason why it wouldn't work?

It is one of the few available locally here for a decent price.
looks decent and isnt to expensive. I don't see a reason to try at least one out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
If you just bought one of these bad boys then you might be looking to make your our charging adaptor and need to know what type of plugs it uese.

I bought two Dynomite 7.4v 2s lipo 180mah batteries from amazon for $15 each and I will need to swap out the plugs as well.

So I called Losi and found out the exact part number that you need to swap the plugs and make your own charger adaptor

The connector is part # LOSB0860 and is $3.00 from Horizon Hobby http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0860
and comes with both male and female plugs with leads! Sweet deal.
micro deans are better and even cheaper and can be found at most local hobby shops as well as online
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #137

I already figured on having to swap connectors. no big deal. I am just checking to make sure that there is no reason that that one will not work.
This is the charger I am planing on buying at the same time. http://www.teamorion.com/advantage-l...a-110v-en.html
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #138

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...dID=EFLB4302SJ

Is this just ridiculously big?

I would put it where the esc used to sit...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy3501 View Post
Are we absolutely sure the ESC has a cutoff? I haven't seen any literature on it.

I've ran my Losi lipo several times now and it seems to get pretty damn low without shutting down.
I have had kids run my Trekker til it wouldnt move with Thunder Power batteries. Got home and put it on the charger an hour later and charged right up. If mine was a fluke and the battery gets ruined. I guess you lose a whole $12.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_rock View Post
hey thanks for the reply... hoping that the 240 is around the same size as the stock battery, looks like it in the photo but we will see (38x22x15mm)
still cant decide between the 2s and 1s...

1s could be run in parrallel and be a very compact 25c 480mah and get some crazy run times, but not much punch.
2s seems pretty over powered and twitchy

If you have a SCT/Rally and want max run time get a Thunder Power 2 cell 350 mAh. Like it was made for it.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote