Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

Yesterday I got home to a box full of losi micro crawler parts sitting at my door. Thank you Codyboy for an awesome Christmas present! There's enough parts for at least 2 maybe 3 of these cool little rigs. i would like to make one more of a comp crawler style and one more scale. Right now I'd like to just get them running.

I have no idea where to even start with these. One is mostly in one piece just missing the esc and rx. The other one has a bunch of upgrades done to it, but that one is disassembled for the most part. . From what i can tell. It has a brushless system in it, spektrum rx and rc4wd metal axles. To start What should i be looking for as far as rx/tx and esc? I have a Traxxas TQi remote for my Trx-4 and a Tactic ttx200 for the dingo. I don't know if i can use something compatible with either of those to get these going, but if i can that'd be great. Any help you guys can give is much appreciated. I will post some pics of what i have going on this evening once i get home.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

Get yourself a hacked flysky radio for your Trx and use the Traxxas radio for that, they are such amazing radios when hacked, 8ch capability, they are little confusing to figure out at first but plenty of videos on YouTube to help, I have two of them and I love them!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #3

Can't wait to see these in person man. Good stuff!
MADPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Alright guys here's a few shots of what I have going on.

Flexing LoL

Here's the second one

Any input or info to help a brotha get these guys going would be amazing! Thanks in advance!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Nice! That had to be a hell of a surprise!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The tachtic Rx are pretty small.not to familiar with them though.i like to compactness of the stock losi esc as there small size.but hard to find. spectrum is always a good choice.but looks like the black trekker has a big block motor in it nice collection for sure.let me know if you ever want to sell those axles.welcome and enjoy
1tuffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Kincer: definitely was a great surprise!

1tuffmj: thanks! How can you tell what motor it is? I'm having a hard time finding a big block micro motor on the web to compare it to. I don't think I'll be selling those axles. From what i understand they are fairly rare now days.

Got a few mins to tinker with these little guys last night. From what i can tell the black one is only missing the rx&esc. I've found a few ESC in the web that look like they'd work. Now trying to scrape up some change to get a flysky and a few rx for it. If i do that I'll use the TQi in the dingo and get a small rx to bind for one of the micros. Then put a 8channel rx in the trx and a small flysky rx in the other micro.

The b/l micro i put the axles back under it and put a set of tires on it. Need to look through the bags and see if there's any shocks in there. If i don't find any. Should i get a set of micro t shocks? Also the shock spring sets one says front one says rear. Is there any difference between the two? I don't see myself running the same spring rate front and rear. So ifi can get by with just buying one set that'd be awesome. Since this rig will be more of a comp crawler style do i even need shocks? That's probably a stupid question but there's so much back and forth on here about that. Thanks for any and all help and advice!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Kincer: definitely was a great surprise!

1tuffmj: thanks! How can you tell what motor it is? I'm having a hard time finding a big block micro motor on the web to compare it to. I don't think I'll be selling those axles. From what i understand they are fairly rare now days.

Got a few mins to tinker with these little guys last night. From what i can tell the black one is only missing the rx&esc. I've found a few ESC in the web that look like they'd work. Now trying to scrape up some change to get a flysky and a few rx for it. If i do that I'll use the TQi in the dingo and get a small rx to bind for one of the micros. Then put a 8channel rx in the trx and a small flysky rx in the other micro.

The b/l micro i put the axles back under it and put a set of tires on it. Need to look through the bags and see if there's any shocks in there. If i don't find any. Should i get a set of micro t shocks? Also the shock spring sets one says front one says rear. Is there any difference between the two? I don't see myself running the same spring rate front and rear. So ifi can get by with just buying one set that'd be awesome. Since this rig will be more of a comp crawler style do i even need shocks? That's probably a stupid question but there's so much back and forth on here about that. Thanks for any and all help and advice!

I think I have a hacked GT3C radio taken care of. And the Wasp is the best little ESC you can get for your needs. And I loved what Joss said.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I can't post pics up here but I have a few bb(130) can motor so I can spot one mile away lol.but you need crawler shocks and I have a couple of crawler with micro t springs.the T shocks be to short.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Ernie you're amazing brother!

1tuffmj: the only shocks im finding are losb1722 these ones https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...oaAupBEALw_wcB Are these the right ones? When i search micro crawler or micro T these are the only ones that come up other then the hot racing air filled. Thanks for helping. Wish more people would chime in and give a brother a hand, but i think most have stopped using these rigs.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:02 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I'm working on the 1/16 mini Yota and I picked up two of these 30 amp esc's for around $16 shipped, a lot of guys building these minis are having good luck with them so I hear, I will see.

Once I find the link I'll add it

I can't get the link to work with out it having all my info so just put in Wpl 30 amp esc on ebay and it's the one that's $7.99

Last edited by kincer; 12-14-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Just a few pics don't mind the messy work bench.

Can't wait to get one of these little guys going! I thought working on the 1/10 stuff was small. LoL! Learning to make my small needle nose pliers an extension of my hand with these rigs.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I feel the same way lol, sometimes it seems you need 3 hands with the 1/10 stuff, with these little ones you need 4. I can't wait to get my Yotas going too, gonna be at least a month though waiting for parts.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Found it on Amazon but ebay is cheaper

Utini 20/30A Mini Brush ESC Brake 1/16 1/18 for Climbing RC Car Ship - (Ampere: 30A) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HDLM96Q..._.j8eCbZ6ZDR9S
Old 12-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Kinda sucks that these rigs are discontinued and not many people messing with them anymore. Hard to find good current info and parts. Need to locate some shocks she really don't want to drop the $$ on the HR set. Any other brands have shocks that would work on these rigs?

Having to cut down and regroove the hexes for the crawler one. Stock hexes are too wide to get the wheel nut on the axle stub. What a pain lol!

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 12-17-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Kinda sucks when the project you're working on is discontinued and nobody is really messing with them anymore. There's a lot of no name shocks on ebay that may work, I'm gonna end up getting something from there for my mini Yota, gotta wait for shipping from China though.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

1722 is correct number for shocks.but still lots of ppl into the micros.just slowed down on this forum.and that mostly a winter time indoor crawler.if on FB jump over to micro rock crawler page.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Good to know that's the right shocks. not bad for $8. I hate FB I have been FB free for 4 years. I know I could get one just for rc stuff, but just can't force myself to do it.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Good to know that's the right shocks. not bad for $8. I hate FB I have been FB free for 4 years. I know I could get one just for rc stuff, but just can't force myself to do it.

Hey Justin, I'm pretty sure I sent you every thing I had, but I'll take a look in my parts bins for some micro shocks! Still working on radio, sorry it is taking so long.

Ernie

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Justin, I'm pretty sure I sent you every thing I had, but I'll take a look in my parts bins for some micro shocks! Still working on radio, sorry it is taking so long.

Ernie

Ernie

No worries brotha. I'll probably order some before too long. There's a few things I need to get for these little guys before they're rock ready anyway. Seems like it takes longer to work on these due to the size and learning to use needle nose plyers as hands. Gotta get the last couple things for k and the girls for Christmas. Then see what I have left over. Definitely not in a hurry on the radio brotha. You keep going on those bad ass twin hammers for the grandkids. I almost bought one for k last night, but didn't think she'd be too stoked on it. I could hear it now "Just what we need another RC" LMAO! Another RC = more upgrades = empty pockets. I no lika the empty pockets. Just ready for the nice break from work and to see family and get some wheel time on some rocks!

AnimalHippie Goes Micro! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle Creations Micro Mamaba X problemI have the micro mamba x with a 4100kv motor, Steelone232 Electronics 1 06-12-2018 08:56 PM
Micro Terrain Titans + Matchbox Baja Bug = Micro Monster Beetle nascarkeith Non Crawler RC's 14 04-06-2009 01:25 PM