Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Naz-T's Micro (better than yours)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Naz-T's Micro (better than yours)

Well I can't leave anything alone, so before I even charged the battery I started mod'n this little guy.

I 1st pulled all the shock springs to lower the stance, I did find some rubber bands that are just the right size to control the suspension
I also picked up one of the Losi 180mah LiPo to help lower the CG (it's the lightest battery I can find) This is a must, it runs a lot better on the LiPo.
Next I moved the battery to the rear axle
I had a JR 241mg servo from my old dig setup so it was a free upgrade (the stock servo actually works really good)
It didn't take long for me to realize it needed some weight on the front so I dismounted the tires and removed the foam front and rear then I added some very small lead pellets to the front (shotgun reload)
the ESC wires are stiff witch isn't an issue but it bugged me so I proceeded to rewire the entire ESC with some good quality flexible wire (If you aren't a pro at soldering I wouldn't suggest doing this)
Topped the wiring off with a Micro Deans

I've ran a ton of packs through it with out any issues at all.
Thanks Losi

Pics

Last edited by NaZ-T; 11-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Exactly

How stiff are the 4link joints - IE do the balls need some good teflon to make them articulate better?

So is this full droop?
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Lookin great!
What exactly do the rubberbands do? I am a little confused
slashracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #4

I like how you managed to take that crappy body and make it fit better.
It actually looks cool with the front shocks poking through.

So do the shot pellets work well or do the tires not flex as much?
How much did you fill the tires?
takman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

After seeing your micro! I have to have one now
team green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Lookin good mike...Now we need to comp these things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashracer111 View Post
Lookin great!
What exactly do the rubberbands do? I am a little confused
Since he removed the springs it sits all the way at the bottom of the shocks...and the rubber bands hold resistance down so it acts as internal springs. Full droop set up.. Way better COG than stock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
So do the shot pellets work well or do the tires not flex as much?
How much did you fill the tires?
Im also running the same pellets. I have a full Ounce in each wheel which fills the lower part of the tire. I just removed the foam completely. Since the lead pellets move around it still allows the tire to hook up good.
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

it looks great. my only suggestion is to run the battery wires outside the body through the rear shock holes in the body. it allows you to charge the battery without taking off the body. other than its great. makes me wish losi would have sent me the grey instead of the green BND
dub599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

nice work on the body...looks tuff!...I thought about cuttin holes for the frame/shocks to get the body down but wasn't sure if I'd like the look or not...gona do it now!
fordwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
the ESC wires are stiff witch isn't an issue but it bugged me so I proceeded to rewire the entire ESC with some good quality flexible wire (If you aren't a pro at soldering I wouldn't suggest doing this)
Did you win the Individual Soldering Championship this year? Congrats! I can't believe I missed it.

Looks good... I haven't even seen one of those in person. Work has been crazy I haven't even had time to swing by the shop even and fondle one up.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Killer work! body looks tough. Rig looks to be set up nicely!
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Im also running the same pellets. I have a full Ounce in each wheel which fills the lower part of the tire. I just removed the foam completely. Since the lead pellets move around it still allows the tire to hook up good.[/QUOTE]

I just did the same mod, that's 1oz. Per tire as in all 4? After doing this the stock batt won't hardly move the car & my lipo thunder power 480mah 2c causes the slipper to slip at the slightest bind! Plus alot more heat buildup!

have you had any similar issues?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I think I have showed half of my family this thread, I am trying to get them to pitch in some cash and get me one for my birthday. Getting one tommorow
slashracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwheeler View Post
Im also running the same pellets. I have a full Ounce in each wheel which fills the lower part of the tire. I just removed the foam completely. Since the lead pellets move around it still allows the tire to hook up good.
I just did the same mod, that's 1oz. Per tire as in all 4? After doing this the stock batt won't hardly move the car & my lipo thunder power 480mah 2c causes the slipper to slip at the slightest bind! Plus alot more heat buildup!

have you had any similar issues?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried just doing the weight in the front tires, then using the battery for the weight out back? It could also be somewhere in the gears not meshing correctly and binding there slightly and the shot was the straw that broke the camels back...?
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwheeler View Post

have you had any similar issues?
I put 1 oz. In each front tires but the rears are empty. I have only run the stock battery but haven't had any issues with power loss. The motor does get warm. But has since stock day one so I'm not too worried. I wonder if your having tranny or worm binding issues.
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopboost View Post
I put 1 oz. In each front tires but the rears are empty. I have only run the stock battery but haven't had any issues with power loss. The motor does get warm. But has since stock day one so I'm not too worried. I wonder if your having tranny or worm binding issues.
well then I think the problem is I put 1oz. In
all 4 tires (really helped lower the CoG...LOL!!! I've had no issues w/tranny or worm binding as of yet. I'll empty the rear tires & go from there

thanks,
Chris
Old 11-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

that truck looks sick...i may have to go that route.
Gen3_Teg_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Thanks for the compliments guys.

and Thanks Boost for answering all the Q's (I really need to get the internet hooked up at home)

She is running great I've had the motor get hot but that was after a full pack of hard crawlin, but not to were I was worried about it. Even if I was to fry the motor, it's real cheap.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote