Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: NONSTOPBOOST Micro Madness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default NONSTOPBOOST Micro Madness

I picked up a BND Micro today...and instantly i realized it sat just way too high...for now i just took off the springs completely...I plan to use a small rubber band to act as an internals once i find just the right size. It lowered the COG a ton and it actually crawls much better...the TT has increased but with some rubbers it will be planted.
I wanted to upgrade something...So since i had a JR 241 MG layin around i threw it in. It has plenty of power and strength now.
Next up is a 2S lipo...gonna look around first for another one but i may just get the losi one.

I moved the battery to the rear axle. It looks like it was designed to go there but was too ugly so they put it up inside.
Major needed upgrade is a new body.. This green just says BLING a bit too much!!

here are some shots...

Yep...Flexin...On a 1.9 Mini Tire...HAHA...These things are tiny!!!
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Made a few changes over the last couple days. First i took the foams out of all the tires and re glued them. I put a full ounce of lead pellets in each front tire, which really helps keep the front end down.

I re soldered some more flexible wire from the esc to the motor getting rid of the stiff wire and the unnecessary plug. I plan to rewire the battery wire with more flexible wire also once i pick up a lipo and some micro deans.

I also shortened the wire on the JR 641 so it is just a direct shot.

Then since i just couldn't do the neon green body anymore i picked up a new body and hit it with some black..So far im really liking this toy...Only time will tell what is next to come...

Last edited by nonstopboost; 11-28-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

your Micro Crawler looks SWEET. Nice job. For some reason I am really liking the desert truck bodies on these little guys.

Last edited by Airbornejordan; 11-28-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Airbornejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Found a couple little black hair rubber bands that seem to be the perfect size. Now my droop setup is working at it's best.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopboost View Post
Found a couple little black hair rubber bands that seem to be the perfect size. Now my droop setup is working at it's best.

Any pics of it setup with them, and also just the bands themselves, maybe next to a ruler to see size...or maybe a pic of the package that they came in if ya got it handy?...lookin pimp so far!
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Here are some pics of the bands installed and pics of them alone. My wife had the package of them and said she got the whole package at WalMart for $2. The package contains several different sizes. But i used the largest ones there were. I tried connecting it from the top of the shock to the bottom but it seemed a bit tight. But where i have it hooked now seems to work pretty good. But once you have the bands you can just keep hooking it in random places til it feels right.