Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Jamison's Micro Hilux setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Jamison's Micro Hilux setup

Well I as everyone else on the bandwagon. Just wanted to get pics up of the Toyota. I did as many others as far as the mods go so far.

ESC to the front, battery to the back. flipped the tranny around so motor is to the front. I slid the front springs up over the top cup to effectively lower it a bit. Still messing with that.

I got the Hobbyzone I think it was lip 300mah that others have put on it. While I liked the extra wheelspeed It did not have the control as stock.
At this point I think I am just going to get a bunch of the stock batteries.

This thing works suprisingly well out of the box I have to say. Very inpressive on what it can do scale wise.

One thing I noticed with my DX3s turn the travel settings up from 100% to 150%. MUCH more steering out of it that way.

So far I love it. Great garage fun.

I had a Toyota lowrider kit for quite a while and gave it a shot. The wheelbase was a little longer than the crawler. Easy fix bob the bed.

I bobbed the bed from the front so to keep the rear looking good and glued the bed to the front with some bracing. Worked out great. Of course I lost the tailgate a while back so I need to make something there.
Fits great. Not mounted solid yet. Able to keep the seats, maybe not the dash. Not sure yet. Next up is some more scale acessories and We will see how she is.

Got a small course laid out for testing next to the berg testing course. Works well. Will get some vid of some sick lines soon. Definitly comp possibilities with these things.

Last edited by JamisonWorkshop; 11-30-2009 at 10:27 AM.
JamisonWorkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default nice

da best one i seen yet.cant wait to see it in action
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

looks good, i'm definately goin toyota on mt micro. jus not sure which, leaning towards a 4runner but can't find one but came across couple landcruisers on ebay.

a truck box would do a nice job of covering the shocks stick through the bed.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks good! I was able to keep the dash in my 4-Runner by gluing it to the body and trimming some off of the bottom. Interior wouldn't fit so I glued the seats right onto the stock ESC mount.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

wow looks killer....
Joeyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #6

Yeah, looking sweet. One of the better scalers on here so far.
I don't see them often now, but I remember those 2" wide mesh web tailgates that look like like the Nascar/Desert truck window safety nets.
http://www.cargocatch.com/images/C/tailgate_net_200.jpg

You should try making one of those for your truck bed.
Maybe some string and thin adhesive bandage/athletic tape would simulate this well?
takman is offline   Reply With Quote