Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Don's BWD Micro Wedge Prototype!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #141

Just curious, I also noticed today that you can only buy one product at a time, at least I couldn't figure out how to add multiple things to the cart.
suchmuchfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #142

Hey Don, I ordered the kit and wheel weights the other day and I am wondering how you ship ie: snail mail, ups, fedex?
Duspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #143
I wanna be Dave

The chassis kits will be shipping priority in a small flat rate box. They are scheduled to start shipping on the 22nd and flat rate priority is 2-3 days.

Don
BWD
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #144

Thanks Don, I knew the chassis kit would ship on the 22nd, but I didn't know how you would ship them out. The weight kit can ship separately?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Here's what the production version looks like all built up with one minor exception...the regular production side plates are black anodized now

Of course, the new Vertex Micro-Locks are not included in the chassis kit either.

I am finishing up the online instructions hopefully tomorrow to publish on the site, and by this time next week we should start seeing these guys built up by you all

I will do my best to notify everyone when their kit ships out. Keep in mind I am QC'ing each kit myself, packaging each kit myself, and making the drops to the post office myself. That said, it is going to no doubt take a few days to get the whole first batch out the door. Kits will be shipped in the order in which they were received, no exceptions.

Don
BWD
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #146
Rock Crawler

Awesome! Thanks! When are those micro locks for sale?
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #147

The production pics don't seem to show the rx/esc or batter mounted up. Am I missing something or are the just not there? I was wondering what the final mounting plan for these was.
suchmuchfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Here's a link to the online build instructions:

http://billet-works.com/build_instru..._-_micro_wedge

It should clear everything up. If you see anything that needs more clarification, please shoot me an email so I can make it more build friendly.

Don
BWD
Old 01-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post

I will do my best to notify everyone when their kit ships out. Keep in mind I am QC'ing each kit myself, packaging each kit myself, and making the drops to the post office myself. That said, it is going to no doubt take a few days to get the whole first batch out the door. Kits will be shipped in the order in which they were received, no exceptions.

Don
BWD
Now that's what I call hands on service. Can't wait for my parts to arrive and to be able to place my order for the beadlocks!
theadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

Just wondering, I ordered 2 kits the night they were available, and wanted to see when they might ship.

Thx!
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

All orders have shipped with exception of one with a bad address and a few international pending additional postage fee payments. They all went out priority and will be received over the next few days.

Can't wait to see some build threads and perhaps some slight deviations from the typical build from those of you adventerous enough to mod your drive shafts for a nice stretched wheel base

Don
BWD
Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

I got my shipping conformation today, thanks Don! I already have my shafts modded and look forward to putting it together and hitting the rocks.

It will be fun to drive it against (and beat) SavageDrifter's ripper chassis.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Wegde is in hand! Waiting for the work day to end so I can go home and build it

It looks great Don, I like that the production models came in black!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #154
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchmuchfun View Post
Just curious, I also noticed today that you can only buy one product at a time, at least I couldn't figure out how to add multiple things to the cart.
Yes same problem here!
But solved by doing a order by emailing
Don is a great business man!
ak73 pro a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #155

WOOOOOO!! In hand! Love the black.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #156
I wanna be Dave

I have the chassis built now, but it was late so I will have to take pics tonight.

Here are a couple crappy cellphone pics during the build, comparing wedge vs. stock. I can sum it up in one word. Narrow!

I had an issue with the rear configuration, there was a ton of sway in the axle with the extended links. I fixed it by moving the shocks to the inside of chassis, and the upper links to the outside in the rear. I will make my pic thread when I get home.

I have 2 packs though it on the rocks, and all I can say is WOW!

Last edited by DickyT; 02-02-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #157

I did this build and maybe (probably) I did something wrong. The rear doesn't move well. Best I can tell it's something to do with the rear "bent" links but I'm not sure how to fix it. Everything just seems too tight in the rear and to a lesser extent in the front. Is it suppose to be this way?

Last edited by southpaw35; 02-02-2010 at 09:44 AM.
southpaw35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw35 View Post
I did this build and maybe (probably) I did something wrong. The rear doesn't move well. Best I can tell it's something to do with the rear "bent" links but I'm not sure how to fix it. Everything just seems too tight in the rear and to a lesser extent in the front. Is it suppose to be this way?
I have read several people with that issue, I had it too when I used the stock ball cups, when I used losi ball cups the issue was not present. So the issue is somewhere in the ballcups.

Don, any chance you will make an option skid that will let us flip the tranny to have motor forward? I lack the skills to drill the current skid with out mangling it.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #159

Default pictures

posting a couple of pictures hoping someone can help me out and let me know what I can do to get my crawler running better. It's stiff and doesn't articulate well at all. Not sure what to do with the ESC if I want to leave it in the case. Also, is the motor suppose to be touching the side plate like that? Did I just do something(s) wrong?
southpaw35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #160
I wanna be Dave

My motor touched as well, I used a file and ground down the solder on the motor a bit to make clearance.

For the links try this:

BWD micro wedge build question

I had the stiff issue too, my resolution was to use losi cups, but the above link should work fine for the stock links.