Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 4 Wheel steering.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #1

Default 4 Wheel steering.

This is not mine. Just posting it up to share with you folks.
Who is going to be the next one with the 4wS mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEQM2L_BFw
Crumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I will definitely be setting one up this way...I want to keep two normal and make one extreme.
This is a must do!
And really it only cost around $100 for the second rig and look at all the other spare parts you end up with!!!
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Parts are on the way for me, just ordered them last night from HH, it was a toss up, this or a lipo and charger. I will eventually get the lipo. Stock power isn't that bad, run time on the other hand... plus, it will add weight to the rear and I will be able to move the battery from the rear axle to the front axle, were I had it originally.
danhikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I have super duper no-speed dial-up. Did he just do front end parts up front with the servo reverse wired for that old school 4ws setup, or did he do a three channel setup for true 4ws? The latter is what I wanna do (as that's what'd be really handy); but I don't know if that's feasable yet due to my lack of being in the hobby since my Traxxas Nitro Rustler was the fastest kid on the block.....I still love my Rustler, it's fast, handles bad and is just all out wicked!
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #5

The guy said he had 2 micros to start with. I`m thinking he pulled the front axle off one and put it on the back of the other. the guy states that the servo in the back is wired backwards then the front.
dougie fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #6

4 Wheel steering running vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqe0Vt5qcWI
Crumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

So I don't have to bring my multimeter home from work, does anyone know which two wires to swap?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

that was basically the sickest corse ever.

i've been thinking of doing this, but i would go 3 channel.
what would work better for these things, rear steer or dig?
SpeedFreak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The knuckles , servos, and other parts are available at Horizon....should be an easy mod to do

I think I'll wait till the extended wheelbase is finished, that will give me more room under the body for the elecs
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

got all the parts, hooked it up, and as I expected, crabwalk. I then pulled the pins out of the connector and reset them in all the combinations.
orange red brown - crabwalk
orange brown red - nothing
brown red orange - nothing
brown orange red -hard left no input straightens out withlfet turn only, right turn, nothing
red brown orange - just front steer
red orange brown - turns left hard w/out input, tries to turn more (left only) on input.

do I need to change some leads inside the servo? thanks for any help.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #11

you cannot change servo direction by changing the servo lead wires around. two of the wires,(red, and brown i think) are for battery voltage, and the last is for signal. You can find servo reversers, which you plug the servo into, or you may be able to go the brutal herbie aproach, and open the servo up, reverse the wires on the servo motor, AND reverse the wiring on the potentiometer. That's if they are not mounted directly to a circuit board.
Mac The Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #12

You want something like this: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EXRA325
estill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

but wouldn't that reverse both servos at the same time?
Gen3_Teg_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen3_Teg_88 View Post
but wouldn't that reverse both servos at the same time?
guess I could use the 3" y harness I have plus the reverser, and cut off one of the leads from the reverser. holy nest of wires!! But still would like an answer from gen3 teg's ?.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
you cannot change servo direction by changing the servo lead wires around. two of the wires,(red, and brown i think) are for battery voltage, and the last is for signal. You can find servo reversers, which you plug the servo into, or you may be able to go the brutal herbie aproach, and open the servo up, reverse the wires on the servo motor, AND reverse the wiring on the potentiometer. That's if they are not mounted directly to a circuit board.
wouldn't reversing the polarity (red and brown as you said) change in which direction it traveled? Obviously my work told me that it doesn't, just don't understand why, must be on the pc board in servo.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

so have you guys figured it out yet. my cousin is the one with the crawler your all talking about. and mac is right all we did was reversed the wires inside the servo and added a splitter. he's (my cousin) trying to change it a little and wanting to add a dig unit to it, but dosent want to make any longer, i told him it's going to be pretty hard, and then he's going to buy a dx5 for independant steering, but he need's more cash flow, so good luck on your crawler, and it does make driving over stuff a little harder though.
hotbodies racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Would you or your cousin be willing to share how he modded the servo?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbodies racer View Post
so have you guys figured it out yet. my cousin is the one with the crawler your all talking about. and mac is right all we did was reversed the wires inside the servo and added a splitter. he's (my cousin) trying to change it a little and wanting to add a dig unit to it, but dosent want to make any longer, i told him it's going to be pretty hard, and then he's going to buy a dx5 for independant steering, but he need's more cash flow, so good luck on your crawler, and it does make driving over stuff a little harder though.
Check your inbox racer. Switched the motor leads, but need to do something else. there are yellow, orange and green wires.

out of the three wires, cut the tow outside ones and swap there positions. works great! Just need something other than the 3M double sided tape, creates some play in the servo.

Last edited by danhikeski; 12-18-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: figured it out