Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Mod bible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
Took some Losi eclipse tires and cut off the lugs, then glued them to the stock Rock Claw. BIG improvement on all types of terrain.
U got any other pic's of this mod? I would love to see the cut and glue lines and a shot with one stock next to a modded...any chance?
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Finally got around to doing some mods today. I added 30 BBs to each front tire, 16 to each rear. Obviously removed the foams. Might add more weight, but it's a pain to keep opening them up!

I also removed the springs, removed the battery tray and relocated battery to front axle. I want to relocate the ESC to the rear, but having trouble with the wires not being long enough. Help!! Perhaps it would be better to put the battery in the rear and the ESC up front?

That's all for now. I don't want to change the wheelbase in any way that would require lengthening the drive shaft, so no mods in that area.

Got a question about dig. Couldn't find anything in my search for how to add dig to a Micro. I require assistance! Thanks guys.
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #103

thats what i did, put the battery on the rear and the esc on the front, all the wires reach with room to move, crawls much better!
crawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #104

last night i took the casing off the esc like i read on this thread and it made a world of difference, before the esc made the front axle top heavy when articulating now it seems more balanced.
crawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #105

*5 gram brushless out runner motor (high starting torque and unlimited upper torque)
*6 channel 2 gram sub micro dsm2 receiver
*4 gram metal gear digital servos for 4ws
*3.8 gram digital servo for rear dig
*modded DP torsion chassis (lowered upper torsion bars .300")
*weighted tires 30 grams of lead in each front and 20 grams in the rear
*carbon fiber high steer front and back (trex 250 ball link ends & 2mm rod)
*rear dig (engaged turns a 8" or less diameter)
*4 wheel steering (turns a 12" diameter now)
*stock shock mounts removed
*stock upper 4 link mounts and servo holder removed
*king pinned spindles (removed factory spindle studs and installed king pins for more axil clearence)
*bent lower 4 links that rotate at upper end (no more 4 link bind 170' flex)
*torsion upper links (highly modded DP chassis mounted directly to axil)
*micro 4 gram 6 amp brushless speed control decased and integrated to receiver
*trimmed down motor mount and plate
*bottom axil bolts and bosses removed (more axil clearence)
*stearing savers removed (not needed on a micro)
*integrated speed control and receiver together (no wires save alot of weight and size)
*hard wired all wires into receiver and speed control boards
*stuffed receiver beside transfer case (makes clean setup and keeps the weight low)
http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=111626#111626
Bucknaked N Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Anyone ever tell you less is more in the micro crawler world . thats IMO. these things get to a cluttered rat nest state very easily.good luck, maybe just make a trailer to pull all your mods in. but nice job on it. keep up the good work Also can you post the pics up the right way so people don't have to join a micro t forum just to see the pics of your crawler.

Last edited by droopmodmrc; 04-28-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: addition
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

the only thing i havennt seen on here that i have is penny wieghts on the rear axle plate but can be put on the servo.
really helps the downhilling a lot.
losilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked N Wheelin View Post
*5 gram brushless out runner motor (high starting torque and unlimited upper torque)
*6 channel 2 gram sub micro dsm2 receiver
*4 gram metal gear digital servos for 4ws
*3.8 gram digital servo for rear dig
*modded DP torsion chassis (lowered upper torsion bars .300")
*weighted tires 30 grams of lead in each front and 20 grams in the rear
*carbon fiber high steer front and back (trex 250 ball link ends & 2mm rod)
*rear dig (engaged turns a 8" or less diameter)
*4 wheel steering (turns a 12" diameter now)
*stock shock mounts removed
*stock upper 4 link mounts and servo holder removed
*king pinned spindles (removed factory spindle studs and installed king pins for more axil clearence)
*bent lower 4 links that rotate at upper end (no more 4 link bind 170' flex)
*torsion upper links (highly modded DP chassis mounted directly to axil)
*micro 4 gram 6 amp brushless speed control decased and integrated to receiver
*trimmed down motor mount and plate
*bottom axil bolts and bosses removed (more axil clearence)
*stearing savers removed (not needed on a micro)
*integrated speed control and receiver together (no wires save alot of weight and size)
*hard wired all wires into receiver and speed control boards
*stuffed receiver beside transfer case (makes clean setup and keeps the weight low)
http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=111626#111626
I didn't believe it so I joined the MicroT forum in order to see those pictures. Very creative.
I'd love to see a video of that dig working. You ought to do another build thread here, of what you did to that Micro - folks would get a kick out of even more dig details.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Well, I finally broke down and made some changes. Of course, nothing new to everyone else:

Removed tire foams
8 Lead shot rounds in front tires
6 in the rear
Flipped tranny
removed esc case and wrapped in electrical tape
moved shocks to electronic mount holes

I have a Metal Mulisha body, but need to dremel the wheel wells out more so it doesn't rub.
fiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #110
Quarry Creeper

it may have been posted before but i searched and couldnt find a link to where you can find micro-t links, my LHS dosent have it.
Thanks,
LL
losilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

The Losi part # for MicroT rod ends is "LOSB1049."
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #112
Quarry Creeper

not sure if this is a mod or not but i changed my servo for a sm22 one no more rubbing against the springs as its smaller works just as good as the standard one
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Another good method for adding lots of wheel weight is to use lead plumbers solder, hammered flat and wrapped in the wheel grooves.

The ends can be hammered very thinly so there isn't a bump where the solder ends on the wind. A dab of super glue on the end will hold it in place.
Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #114

Alpha, thanks for those pictures! The comparision really shows me what you where talking about!
jl0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #115

Default simple mods if you're keeping it stock.

here are a couple simple mods anyone can do that i didn't see mentioned.

1--space front wheels out a little so they don't rub the upper links when turning at full stuff.
I used some thin plastic i had to make tiny washers that fit between the wheel and the hex.

2--file down the upper links where the tires come into contact with them. There's plenty of meat there. these two mods helped my turning radius tremendously.

3--file the front steering linkage so it doesn't catch on everything like a bulldozer.
again, there is plenty of meat there.

4--i had trouble with the servo wire being too short and too stiff. It was limiting suspension movement like crazy. I cut it and soldered on some more flexible, and longer wire.

5--after the stock servo wore out, i replaced it with a hitec hs65hb. It's not a direct fit, but with a little file and drill work it's a big improvement.

****MODS TO AVOID:
--i tried to use acetone to dissolve the glue on the tires. the TIRE dissolved along with the glue.
--if you removed the foams from the tires, be careful not to store the truck on the tires for a long period. you'll get flat spots.
--don't over tighten the wheel mounting nut, it'll bind.
CrawlerFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #116

Default chasis

has anyone looked at this chasis im kinda new wondered if it was any good and yes i want scale not comp

http://www.crawlerx.net/index.php?ma...products_id=68

and how would i mount a body to this like a mount n' goat model or somethin
smitty3896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Where are the pictures you dicks?

c'mon, this thread should be more useful than a chinease instruction manual!!!

POST PICS!
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #118
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up Hi!

Just signed up recently, just closed some auctions for magic cards today on eBay (so I'm sitting on some extra paypal balance - always dangerous for my other hobby addictions) and spent a few hours researching micro crawler stuff, ordered everything I need I think. I was however wondering how reliable the stock steering servo is.. I've seen things about the SR22(is that a direct fit?) I also heard something about the HG-65? Isn't that the same steering servo from my AE18T? That seems like it would be huge.. Oh, Build list as follows:

*RTR Black Micro
*BWD Vortex Chrome/Black Ring Wheels
*BWD Wedge Chassis Kit
*BWD Steel Wheel Lock Nuts
*Blade TMC Chassis
*I have some Micro T's with spring kits cause I've seen that the stock spring set up can be a little dicey, but I don't know if I want a complete droop set up.
*I also ordered a 1:24 scale Tamiya Grand Cherokee Body. (Because I have a Grand Cherokee myself.)

I'm gonna test the two different chassis, figure out what I end up liking better, I kinda like the tubed buggy look of the TMC, but I'm sure if I end up going scale I'll end up with the Blade SMC Ladder Chassis or possibly extending the Wedge Chassis. (Who knows, maybe the wedge will just be a superior chassis) We'll see. I've gotta get the dimensions of the Grand Cherokee Body correct, and in that time I'll probly just buy another Micro Rock Crawler to make a scale build out of and leave the Blade TMC for a comp style rig. I've seen some dude on here with a Grand Cherokee body, but I don't know if it's the same Tamiya 1:24 model kit I purchased.

Wow, that was a mouthful. Anyway, KILLER forum, even a bunch of Local events in my Colorado section I didn't know about for 2.2 and 1.9..

I am grateful for stumbling across this tonight! Cheers!

Other Rigs; I've got a Timber Wolf Chassis from RC4WD, I've got an Axial with a SWX Chassis, a scale Losi Mini Crawler, a Revo 3.3 With full RPM uppers/lowers, knuckles, hubs, 17mm hex adapters, Wing, Truggy body, center diff, rear brake, Robinson steel tranny gears, and last but not least a Hellfire with a Dynamite Platinum .28 with all the purple anodized goodies from Integy! OH! Almost forgot.. I've got a micro-T with the carbon fiber DT Chassis, all the blue 3 racing goodies, lipo/brushless, and a couple other Micro-T's for loan outs to people that wanna play with me! LoL

Last edited by DSchulten88; 11-16-2010 at 04:11 AM.
DSchulten88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #119
Pebble Pounder

has anyone got any ideas of setting up head and tail lights? i was thinking either a micro rechargable torch or wiring it into the esc batt wires... any advice?
lordjasper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

i forgot to ask , what s the advantage of using the micro t rear springs, does it give semi droop or normal stance?
lordjasper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/216157-micro-mod-bible.html
Posted By For Type Date
Breaking The Silence... - TheToyz Forums This thread Refback 10-04-2011 06:23 PM