Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Diecast '75 Chevy scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

The stock battery is nice and small for hiding but I highly recommend you pick up a bigger battery especially with how heavy your rig will be. I am running a 2c lipo with 480mah and get about 40 minutes of crawl time with my semi scaler. just a suggestion. Good job on the build so far!

Last edited by Gizmo; 12-19-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

The frame is plastic and the leaf springs were hard plastic . All show.

I am going to be getting a better battery in the future . Money is tight right now so I am using what I have to get the job done for now . I am also second guessing the diecast body . Might go plastic because of weight. I will see how heavy it is when its done before I make that desision
86 Iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Well I was set back a day because of my LHS closing 2 hours early yesterday . HOPEFULLY tonight I will have the chassis done . My main goal is to drive it tonight . We will see though . I picked up a pack of mini-T ball ends to make the links not knowing that it was short 2 ends so I have 7 of 8 links :-x Will pick up another pack of them and some other junk to extend my drive shafts. Here are just some pics of the rear finished .

Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 Iroc View Post

Doesn't look like you have Any triangulation on the links....? that will let the axle shift side-to-side unless you run a panhard bar.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
RCC Addict

man cant wait see it done hurry
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
Doesn't look like you have Any triangulation on the links....? that will let the axle shift side-to-side unless you run a panhard bar.
Does not move side to side at all . I was kinda surprised too.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Yeah you should get some better geometry with them links some how..

Once you get it together we should make some trails for it.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well I just drove it and for as many bugs it has it was bad ass . Made it over some crazy stuff with the diecast body half way hanging off and the front shocks not on. Need to eliminate the servo saver and mess with the steering a little bit more then It will be all good . Wish the axle was a little wider though. hopefully they make some wheels with different offsets. Pics in a lil bit guys. Have to entertain the gf for a lil bit.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Well here are a few pics . Its really not all that top heavy believe it or not . I mean its not going to be able to go where a modded out micro would but for a diecast scaler I am impressed. Here are a few pics of how I made my drive shafts and some with the body on. Any questions just ask . More to come , I am far from finished with this.

Now for the drive shafts , It was very simple . The pics explain it all. I used 5/16 x .035 (7.94mm x .889mm) Aluminum tube . It was a PERFECT fit . I mean it was like this tube was made with the purpose of lengthening axles.

Now right before I slipped the plastic pieces into the alum. tube, I gave the outer surface of the plastic a dab of super glue. I didnt want to drill through the shaft and put a screw through because I felt it was pointless. It was such a snug fit to begin with and I really dont think it needed glue but hey ,why not
Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Oh ya , also decided the red one was too pretty to smash up . So I changed my mind and went with yellow.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Looks pretty sweet! I know the So Real tires are hard as a rock, but I bet if you lowered the body down and slapped on the tires from the model it would like 100x better. Hopefully someone will come out with some better looking functional scale tires for these things!
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Even toy chevy's sit in the shop..

Looks cool!
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

are the axles telescoping? if so are the aluminum tube telescoping?
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
are the axles telescoping? if so are the aluminum tube telescoping?
Yes they do . The aluminum tube was just an extension . They still act as the stock shafts do.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes sure . They are getting harder to find though. I love these things.
yea man, i customized mine, still in the box too, i took it out and put some black paint in the bed to look like a bed liner, and i polished it and put some custom lincense plats on it sayin MUD-DER and then i took some pen springs and put them over the shocks to give it the coil over look and crap, then i painted my seats white and threw it back in the box lol, but i bought it used for 10 bucks on ebay when all it had was scratched on the front, which i covered up, its fun to mess with em hahah, i threw it in the attic in the box, it will be worth some serious $$$ in twenty years!
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrejects View Post
yea man, i customized mine, still in the box too, i took it out and put some black paint in the bed to look like a bed liner, and i polished it and put some custom lincense plats on it sayin MUD-DER and then i took some pen springs and put them over the shocks to give it the coil over look and crap, then i painted my seats white and threw it back in the box lol, but i bought it used for 10 bucks on ebay when all it had was scratched on the front, which i covered up, its fun to mess with em hahah, i threw it in the attic in the box, it will be worth some serious $$$ in twenty years!
Ya they are a blast to mess with . Better then pissin away thousands on the real thing because when I get bored with messin with these , Im only out $20 then on to the next !
Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Thought I would post up these pics I thought were pretty cool. Its Micro with his big bro .

Both are still a work in progress but I figured with the arrival of the snow and a new project (hint , a 1/6 scale Denali ) I would tie up some of the loose ends on both.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #38

your scaler looks awsome!! got any video? this would be cool to see in action.
dougie fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie fresh View Post
your scaler looks awsome!! got any video? this would be cool to see in action.
No vids yet . But soon. Still workin out a few bugs in the rig.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ya they are a blast to mess with . Better then pissin away thousands on the real thing because when I get bored with messin with these , Im only out $20 then on to the next !
LOL!!!!!
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote