Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Help getting the shock back onto the ball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Help getting the shock back onto the ball

Got my replacement shocks but I cannot get the shock back onto the ball and I can't get the bases of the old shocks off the ball joints. How do I pop it back on? I tried using my grip pliers, the shock went flying and now it is missing so I only have 3 left yet I only need the 2. Please help. Tried putting it between the pliers(more like a handheld vice) and my skateboard deck and that is how I lost the one shock to the mess of my room. So please help I really want to get this scaler finished before monday
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Don't know what to tell you, I didn't have a problem using pliers. Used them to pop it off and put it back on, can't think of anything else that would work.....
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
Don't know what to tell you, I didn't have a problem using pliers. Used them to pop it off and put it back on, can't think of anything else that would work.....
Well I use a special kind of pliers with a rubber grip on the end, should I try regular or needle nose pliers?
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #4

after wondering why mine wouldnt fit back on like yours, i looked at both sides. one opening is indeed larger than the other on mine! so one side would press on where as the other side wouldnt.
downhillbkr247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

try the stock lug wrench lay the shock on a flat surface with the ball under it and put the lug wrench on top of it and smack it down because the wrench is a little bigger then the ball it should pop right in
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #6

i took all my ball ends off and held them with needle nose and then squished the shock end and the ball with my bench vise worked awesome. i tried with just pliers the first time and they snapped! the vise is best!
stoutcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote