Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Jeep TJ tube buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Micro Jeep TJ tube buggy

I saw this body mounted on a hideous excuse for an rc called New Bright in the local Wally world, and had to rescue it.

Body easily came off (just a couple of screws holding it on). Threw it on the micro to see how it sat:

Width is perfect. Links need to be shortened up about 1/8" to get it to the right wheelbase.

Also included a full interior:

For 15 bucks, and with the detail included, I figured it was worth it in the time it would save me having to build anything similar on my own. Both the interior and roll cage come out quite easily, so for painting the body it'll be a pretty simple matter.

One other pic, comparing it to a emaxx tranny:

ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Did some chopping and brazing last night. Made the Jeep into what I figure is a TJ buggy. Next step is to shorten the links, strip and repaint the body, and paint the frame.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Finished up the Jeep buggy. The colour on the tubework didn't turn out so well. It's gunmetal, but it formed some tiny bubbles all over giving it a rough appearance. Will likely have to strip and repaint at some point.

For the body, I went with some hunter flat green I had, with gunmetal for the front fender flares and front bumper, aluminum for the grill. Need to pick up some white, orange and red paint for the lights. Interior seats are painted olive drab.

Also painted the chassis sides and new rear links (shortened by 1/4") gunmetal, and electrical taped the battery so it didn't stand out so much. Body attaches to the stock esc/rx mount with double sided velcro.

I think that's about it, on to the pics:

Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks very nice. You could have been like the rest and just stuck a body on it and called it a scaler, but you went ahead and did a full cage, I like it, A LOT! nice job, nice job!
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

thats nice man i love it
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

when the 1:1 jeep guys extend their wheelbase, they cut back off the top of rear flares and v it in the back. just an idea if you want to get the length back.

you said you found this at walmart? i check everytime i'm in there for something cool to steal a body off of. looks really good
SpeedFreak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak675 View Post
when the 1:1 jeep guys extend their wheelbase, they cut back off the top of rear flares and v it in the back. just an idea if you want to get the length back.

you said you found this at walmart? i check everytime i'm in there for something cool to steal a body off of. looks really good
Yeah, originally I was going to keep the flares, built the cage, then decided to cut them off. With the cage already built, couldn't dovetail the rear end. Next body

Yep, found a few of them at Walmart. They have them in a lovely piss yellow color as well !
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good Ecoli, that body is a pretty good fit, your right, you did 'save' that NB!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote