Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 93 S10(finally getting a micro)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Dude. AAAs is a great idea. Its not like they are that big, they are cheap as you can get. And, some of the rechargable Lithium ones can have around 1300mah, (at least on the Energizer ones.) So the COG isn't that great, big whoop. It's a micro!

I am in fact going to do the same thing with mine once I get it. You sir, are a genius.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Naw, saw somebody else use em and stole their idea, haha. With mine being a scaler it really isn't that bad of a trade-off in COG. I haven't seen any lithium rechargable batteries, got a link? I would think any lithium based battery would be a higher voltage. Not that that would be bad, you could run fewer then.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I think my AAs are 1300 mAH, and I swear they are a litium chemistry. Either way, still a great idea.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

That, is a fantastic idea, I may have to try that! I've got some 800mAh NiMH from the Mini Z and getting some 1100mAh soon enough, by Orion they're about $11 for 4, not bad
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Got the DP chassis in today. Wish my hong kong lipos would get here as fast as Thetoyz ships. Between rain and the power being out for a while I still managed to put something together. I wanted to keep the 5" extended wheelbase that I had before, so I went to making some upper link mounts to allow for that. The rear mounts turned out good and seem to hold. The front mounts however didn't work out as easy. I CA glued cutting board to the stock losi parts and it seems to bond well. But on the front, the new holes needed to be drilled right along the seam between the two materials. Both sides drilled alright but one side broke as I was tightening the screw. So I swapped the front back to stock length just to have a complete vehicle. I actually like the stock front/extended rear. This gives me a 4.5" wheelbase and some forward weight bias. That is it will once I put the transmission and servo back in. I also plan on bent rear lower links before I put it completely back together. Anyway, here's the pics. Bring on the "hill of beans" jokes if you must.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Just got home from a trip to Florida. Well, I ran this thing maybe 20 minutes chasing dogs around the house and that's it. Drag it 2000 miles for nothing, haha. Anyway, here's some pics of the case I rigged up for it. It's a craftsman cordless drill case I gutted and stuck sections of pool noodle, losi blue of course, in to cushion everything. Apparently it works because I dropped this thing out of the trunk and nothing broke. I also found some of those ramps for the finger skateboards on clearance at walmart down there for $1.25. I got all 4 they had and would have got more at that price. Add a few plastic rocks and maybe some real ones in the right places and makes for a good desktop course.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Guess I've neglected an update. Well here's a short rundown of some changes and on to pics.
-BTA steering with a flat tierod
-shaved bolt off front of diff housings
-bent/extended rear links from mini-t tierods
-front mini-t links
-covered the all thread part of the links with antenna tubing(major PITA)
-countersunk some screws for the skidplate mounting on the chassis(those cap screws always got caught)

Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Looks great. Tell me more about the white battery pack on that DP chassis?
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Is that the 600mah walkers battery? How heavy is it, would it fit under the body or is it too big?
Boos Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #30
RCC Addict

That's the 600mah 1s lipos that I got off dealextreme.com, 3 for $10 shipped. I suppose they would fit where I have the ESC/RX mounted but would raise the CG. As for weight, I don't have a very accurate scale but it's much less than the stock battery, that's for sure.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Brought some rocks into the garage this evening and got some video of the micro.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #32
RCC Addict

The power was out today so I ran the micro a little inside. Here's a short video of the winch, which is a recoil ID badge clip. I was surprised at how steep it let this thing crawl. It can't lift the whole rig, but just enough to help when needed, and no need for a 3channel radio.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
That's the 600mah 1s lipos that I got off dealextreme.com, 3 for $10 shipped. I suppose they would fit where I have the ESC/RX mounted but would raise the CG. As for weight, I don't have a very accurate scale but it's much less than the stock battery, that's for sure.
Hi Jamus, regarding this Walkera 600mah lipo do u need to reverse the wires? the reason I asked becos I remember someone had mentioned he've tossed the esc when he did the direct pluged. And also how much slower the wheel speed compare to stock 4.8v NiMH?
Sorry my English is poor hope you can understand my questions.

Thks & Regards
Edwin
edwin3162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Yes, the wires needed to be reversed on the batteries I got. I checked it with the stock battery and a multimeter first. I used a pen to get the connector terminals to pull out of the plug and just switched them. Much easier than cutting and resoldering wires. I didn't really see a difference in speed compared to the stock 4.8v. If it seems slower to you, you can always swap to a larger pinion gear.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #35

Hi Jamus, thks so much on your feed back. I was thinking since I'm going to use micro dean so I just swap the connection during solder, red wire connect to black wire then black wire connect to red wire? Once again thks you.

Thks & Regards
Edwin
edwin3162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #36
RCC Addict

No, if you are changing the plugs you just do normal wiring, red-red and black-black. Red is still positive on these batteries. The reason I had to switch was because these batteries have a plug that is compatible with the losi ESC, only the wired were in the plug opposite. So just to be clear, red is positive and black is negative on the batteries I'm using. Never hurts to double check things like this with a meter though.