Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Need New Radio Advice...Please Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Default Need New Radio Advice...Please Help

First off I'm relatively new, not a hardcore climber or RC'er. Been in and out of the hobby casually for years. This Micro and Crawling in general has got me hooked. By no means am I an expert on radios and electronics, so I'm looking for experienced insight. This is a long post, but the questions are basic and I wanted to cover all the scenarios I'm looking at. I've spent the last two week trying to figure this out and I'm no closer to making a decision.

I want to get a good, easy to use radio that will work with my Micro, but will let me grow into other trucks or vehicles. Price is not a factor but I don't want to buy the most expensive unit, but I don't think I want to go with say a DX3E that might limit me in more complicated rigs (maybe it won't).

My next crawler is either going to be a Mini, Losi Comp, maybe an AX10 Kit. I'd like to be able to upgrade my Mini and Micro-T to be Spektrum compatible too (can I do this or is it a waste of money)?

I also don't want to limit myself to crawlers. Currently I know this is a stretch, but I'm going to start running Mini-Z (2.4 ghz) and Dnano's (also 2.4 ghz). These require KO Propo's Mini-Z adaptor. They make an adaptor for the 3PK and M11. Would these be good for crawling (but not compatible with my Micro of course I know)?

Or I could go with the KO Propo EX-10 Helios 2.4GHZ to run my Kyosho's, and my 1/18 or 1/10 crawler build. Just use my basic spektrum for the Micro.

I doubt there is a 1 size fits all solution. So my best bet might be to use the Perfex radio for the Kyosho's and buy the best Spektrum radio for my crawlers and other future vehicles.

I know the answer is out there...thanks for any help...
theadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I just read a thread on the DX3E yesterday and it seemed like the guy realy enjoyed it. I cant figure out how it would realy limit you either with the third channel being able to be either 2 way, 3 way or linear. I'm pretty exited about it. When I get the cash for one I can run it on my micro, the next mini I'm building and my Pro-pulse that has my stock mini RX in it.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Try look ebay M11 with Spektrum module.
I got it less then 200 buck with 3 recivers.
It take care all all my rigs

Last edited by ke6geu; 01-23-2010 at 08:26 AM.
ke6geu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #4

Thanks. The M11 is definitely one on my list...
Old 01-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6geu View Post
Try look ebay M11 with Spektrum module.
I got it less then 200 buck with 3 recivers.
It take care all all my rigs
Will the M11 with Spektrum SM1000 run the micro.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

yep no problem binding ok my micro,mini,comp act.. all take care with my M11
I also got lipo battery 2100 mah $20 on ebay for M11 run about 5hour long time..
lot a memory but only thing is very havy...

Last edited by ke6geu; 01-23-2010 at 04:07 PM.
ke6geu is offline   Reply With Quote