Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Biggest lipo to fit in stock location?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #1

Default Biggest lipo to fit in stock location?

I just pickes up the crawler and can tell right off the bat it needs a lipo. Im looking for something to fit in the stock location but will have plenty of run time. If i have to mod the stock location a little Im ok with that.
ruststang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The closest that I have found is the Thunder Power 250mAh:
http://krawlerhobbies.1freecart.com/...micro-lipo.htm

It has the same dimensions as the stock pack, except for the length....it is about 1cm longer. However, your best bet is to run the pack mounted to the rear axle. it gets it down a bit lower to help with COG.

Also, you should note that the stock connectors will not work with this pack. I swapped all of mine over to Micro Deans.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #3

How are you mounting it to the rear axle? any pics?.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I used velco, works great.
Devinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yep, just used velcro and slapped it on the rear axle plate:

Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #6

I used velcro too, I'm still with NiMH gathering info for a good choice with LiPo...best canditate is this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9028 it's a little bigger but it's the nearest I've found!

What do you think about guys?
Cmps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #7

General question about LiPo...you have to put new connectors to ESC? (as I see in your pictures)
Cmps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #8

Cool thanks looks like something i'll have to do..
Old 01-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The closest that I have found is the Thunder Power 250mAh:
http://krawlerhobbies.1freecart.com/...micro-lipo.htm

It has the same dimensions as the stock pack, except for the length....it is about 1cm longer. However, your best bet is to run the pack mounted to the rear axle. it gets it down a bit lower to help with COG.

Also, you should note that the stock connectors will not work with this pack. I swapped all of mine over to Micro Deans.
How much run time with this battery? and will this battery work if mounted in back?http://krawlerhobbies.1freecart.com/...micro-lipo.htm

Last edited by ruststang94; 01-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I get about 40 minutes with my 250mAh. I dont know if that 350 will work or not....havent tried one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmps View Post
General question about LiPo...you have to put new connectors to ESC? (as I see in your pictures)
Yes, the TP connectors (JST I believe) will not work with the stock Losi connectors...
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

40 mins on a 250? I run a TP 350 and get about 30 mins. The stock 150 gets about 10 mins.

I have a hyperion CX G3 120 I run sometimes and that one fits in the stock location. You get around 10 mins. and it takes about 7 mins to charge. If you had 2 of these you could run it non stop.
Helihover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihover View Post
40 mins on a 250?
Yep. Are you sure you are getting a full charge on that 350?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Yes I'm getting a full charge, but I have never timed my run. Also my crawler weighs over 250 grams. She's heavy. Anyways, people are saying 10 mins or so on a stock 150 battery. So in general the truck is using about 15 mah a minute if your getting ten mins. Doing some simple math, a 250 should run around 16-17 mins. The math on a 350 equals around 23-24 mins. Like I said, I've never sat down and timed it. Another thing to keep in mind is we should never go beond 80% of the capacity of the battery. The micro LVC is pretty close to this when running a 2 cell lipo. Now take 20% of your batteries capacity off and you end up with 14 mins of run time. Yes there are alot of factors involed, weight, driving style, terrain, drag, and so on. I'm not saying that you are not gtting 40 mins (I'm not there to witness), I'm just doin the math.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Yes, I ran the pack from a full charge (8.4V) down to the LVC setting of the ESC (6.2V). I was driving it on a mixture of flat ground and uneven terrain and at full throttle almost all of the time. I have decreased the weight of my Micro a bit. You can see a build thread here:
Jeremy's Micro

I specifically timed the run to determine run time after I got this new pack....40 minutes. If ya want, I can make a nice long boring video showing the runtime.;)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Ya I'm really not interested in a 40 min video. ha ha. I do know this though..... Running on flat ground requires less power. Having a lighter vehicle requires less power. And electric rc's run more effiecent on a higher voltage. That's awesome though, 40 mins. I did notice a drop in run time when I added all the weight to mine. I might get 6 or 7 mins on a stock battery. And like I said, I was just doin some math.

BTW, what kind of run time do you get with a stock battery?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #16

heres what i picked up way cheaper and smaller
http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo..._Balancer.html
mcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Running on flat ground requires less power. Having a lighter vehicle requires less power. And electric rc's run more effiecent on a higher voltage.
Agreed. I would say that the mixture of terrain was 50% uneven terrain, 50% flat ground.

Quote:
BTW, what kind of run time do you get with a stock battery?
~10-15 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrc View Post
heres what i picked up way cheaper and smaller
http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo..._Balancer.html
That pack is the same size as the TP pack that I listed...
Old 01-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes I'm getting a full charge, but I have never timed my run. Also my crawler weighs over 250 grams. She's heavy. Anyways, people are saying 10 mins or so on a stock 150 battery. So in general the truck is using about 15 mah a minute if your getting ten mins. Doing some simple math, a 250 should run around 16-17 mins. The math on a 350 equals around 23-24 mins. Like I said, I've never sat down and timed it. Another thing to keep in mind is we should never go beond 80% of the capacity of the battery. The micro LVC is pretty close to this when running a 2 cell lipo. Now take 20% of your batteries capacity off and you end up with 14 mins of run time. Yes there are alot of factors involed, weight, driving style, terrain, drag, and so on. I'm not saying that you are not gtting 40 mins (I'm not there to witness), I'm just doin the math.

We have other customers running the TP250 pack and getting close to the same amount of run time as JeremyH is getting in his. These packs are great for the Mirco! They fit really nice on the rear axle with the help of a little velcro.

We have both the 250's and 350's in stock. They do require switching over the connectors though. But, don't most of us run Deans on our stuff anyway? We have those in stock too!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote