Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: It's loud!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default It's loud!

Just picked up a micro today and was suprised at how loud it is. I know that the Losi comp crawlers require some break in and disassembly on the axles to apply grease. Anyone doing that (or other stuff) with these, and does it make a difference? I don't really care about the noise, just want to make sure my rig is as efficent as possible.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #2

The motor pinion is usually the problem with the noise, although I have found several with no grease at all in the axles. Easy on tightening the motor screws. Try that first....if still noisy then disconnect each drive line one at a time and see if the noise goes away ( you have to hold it in your hand for the test because the wheels on the side you disconnected will only turn when the drive shaft turns) If you still have noise after disconnecting both drive lines, then it is in the transmission.
Be careful with the shocks.....they break easily.
Good luck
jim
BOZINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Surprisingly the body seems to work as an amplifier for the sound, at least it did on mine. Another reason to get Rippers Raptor chassis - much more quiet

The elimination method that Bozinator suggests is an excellent idea Also check the meshing between pinion and spur gear.
Lorents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorents View Post
Surprisingly the body seems to work as an amplifier for the sound, at least it did on mine.
x2 after re-locating the esc to the top of servo and battery to rear axle it is really noticeable . when running with my other body the truck is darn near silent. **note** NEAR silent, not silent....
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

mine was really load and it was the pinion, I just built a tuber for mine and its as quiet as my axial now, the chassis really does make it mush louder.
crashmurray is offline   Reply With Quote