Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Re-glue Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Re-glue Tires

I am a noob, but always thought that non-beadlock wheels on the micro and other RC cars have to be re-glued. Do I need to re-glue them?

I am about to put lead shot in there, but need to confirm this first as I have none of the CA glue handy. On my Summit, I went from glued tires to new Moab's with Axial Beadlocks, so this is one labor project I have not undertaken.

Also, is there anyway to lessen the noise made by the lead shot or is it a minimal sound to begin with?
fiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I never used lead shot I use auto balance weights but I doubt you will hear it over the motor . I like to keep my foams in for diff clearance. You can also wrap solder around the rims . Be careful glueing these small tires, can be tricky . You will not need very much glue . Also one more tip on glueing, you want a very fine tip applicator. or I put glue on the tip of an exacto blade or toothpick and then apply it with that . Do Not use a heat gun to heat the rims to get the glue loose for tire removal. The tire will quickly expand and get very soft as soon as the heat is applied.( this also gave me a mean idea about making the stock tires softer and slightly larger with heat, but thats nether here nor there) hope this helps and good luck.
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Do I have to use CA glue or will super glue or some other type work also? Just lazy, the closest LHS to me is 25 minutes and I was hoping to do this tonight.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Plain super glue will work fine.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #5

All I use is plain old super glue and have not had any trouble out of it yet. Yes you do need to reglue them or they will probably try to come off.
0124vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the feedback, that is what I expected, just wanted to confirm.

Last night I removed the foam and added 8 lead shots each to the front tires and 6 in the rear. It crawls much, much better but it seems to really put a strain on the motor. I have felt like the MRC lacks in torque as a stock rc, but now it is even more prevalent. I do, however, still have a lead fishing weight on top of the servo, so maybe I am too heavy on the front now that the lead is in there.

THoughts??