Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Brushless CF Comp Rig "CreepyG" V1.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

BTW dude, The losi motor has a loose connection...hence the rippin n slippin but that other motor must have an internal issue. When i plug that one in, the esc warms up pretty fast....
bighitbomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Did you unplug one motor lead at a time? If one is bad it will make the motor stutter and jerk back and forth... Unplug one lead at a time - the one that makes no difference will be the wire with the bad connection... It could very likely be in one of the strands coming out of the motor can - if so it's pooched and they're not easy to fix (stoopid tiny wire)...

I shoulda tested it b4 I gave it to you... My bad... I'm gonna do another HK order soon, I'll get you another one along with a programming card...
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Ya, that's how i figured out the losi but no luck on the turnigy. The hobby shop has a couple motors but i'm just about finished with those tards. Time to dig into the turnigy!
bighitbomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Ordered up the parts to do this brushless setup. Wondering how your esc is holding up without the heat sink? Does it run hot? Does that 2000kv motor run hot?

For the prices that HK wants, I ordered up 2000kv and a 16mm 3000kv (Part # c16-06-3000) as well. We'll see how well that 16 mm fits.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Neither the ESC or motor het hot... Motor stays cool, ESC barely gets warm at all... Benefits of running an efficient airplane motor...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Smile

hey speedy whats the torque on this motor smoothness on this motor esc setup along with what kind of wheel speed? Seems really slow no wheel-speed but torque powered as hell!
atracys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I know I am not SpeedyG, but I just installed this motor in my micro.
Speed is super SLOW, I wish it was faster. Torque is beyond crazy... HOLY SMOKES! It is also very smooth, sometimes it is a little coggy but only when going very slow.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevyguy View Post
Speed is super SLOW, I wish it was faster. Torque is beyond crazy... HOLY SMOKES! It is also very smooth, sometimes it is a little coggy but only when going very slow.
Yeah I need that wheel speed for jolting up some areas in my rock setup! but sill need the slow torque for other sections! Which do u prefer the stock motor or this brushless?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I would have to say stock motor. If it just went a bit faster it would be totally useable, but it is just way freakn slow.
I hopefully going to be installing a 3000kv outrunner to get a little more speed. I hope it does the trick without cogging
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
I would have to say stock motor. If it just went a bit faster it would be totally useable, but it is just way freakn slow.
I hopefully going to be installing a 3000kv outrunner to get a little more speed. I hope it does the trick without cogging
Please post what happens. I tried everything on a 3850 and it just cogged too much. MAN do I want a good combo for brushless.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yes! would like to know the outcome as well!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

What pinion and spur gear are you using? you may want to try tuning those before a new motor.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by atracys View Post
hey speedy whats the torque on this motor smoothness on this motor esc setup along with what kind of wheel speed? Seems really slow no wheel-speed but torque powered as hell!
Torque is Insane, excellent smoothness, slower than stock wheelspeed, ESC timing in the low ranges, low punch setting, negative throttle expo on the Tx.

Quote:
Try playing with the punch and timing settings to see what you like best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Please post what happens. I tried everything on a 3850 and it just cogged too much. MAN do I want a good combo for brushless.
Dude - go with an outrunner... HK has lots of cheap ones to choose from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
What pinion and spur gear are you using? you may want to try tuning those before a new motor.
Good advice!

Just a quick update - just bought a set of MiniQLO's and some BWD wideners today... Can't wait!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
The 3000kv outrunner I put in is the exact same size as the 2000kv, and is garbage. It might be a tiny bit faster but has absolutly no slow speed ability. I played with the timing and punch control too. motor got way hot. I dont think that the motor is what the specs say it is. o-well
Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

wow that is all i can say!
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

So, got my BWD wideners the other day, as well as my MicLows... Ripped the old worn-out Claws off, Lost some of the solder i wrapped the rims with long ago, filled the front tires with 40 .177cal lead BB's and the rears with 20, Mounted 'em all up...

Quite a dramatic difference, both in appearance and ground clearance! Altho it was definately looking cooler than before, it was still missing something... Hmmmm...

Had some scrap aluminum plate layin around, cut and shaped a "hood" by hand using the vise and some careful hand bending...

Got it to fit just right, then punched some holes in it and ziptied it to the front shock crossmember... Done! Next - the "roof" which turned out to be a little tricky... Notched the rear, clearanced for shock movement...

Bent to the correct profile, had to cut a "sunroof" in it to clear the electronics which poked up a little higher than the top of the TVPs...

Cut and shaped a leftover chunk of CF, drilled and tapped holes for fasteners, screwed it to the roof... Screws act as guide pins to hold it from sliding side-to-side... Drilled holes in the rear shock crossmember and the back of the roof directly over the crossmember, then ziptied it down nice and tight...

May I present to you all... CreepyG in its Completed Form!!

Roof and hood were long overdue for this lil guy... It came together pretty well, altho it took about two years... The rockpile is almost fully exposed from under the 2 1/2 feet of snow I had in the backyard, looking forward to getting back out there to see how it does now... I probably shouldn't say its completed - i'm sure i'll find something else that needs tweaking......

Old 07-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #57
Rock Stacker

amazing build.. i just read this entire thread! I also just ordered up my esc, motor, and programming card! cant wait to get this BL system in my micro. The only thing i am doing differently as far as the electronics go, is i ordered the Turnigy Trackstar 18A car esc, which can actually handle 3s (not sure if the motor can tho?).. the programming card also has a LOT more functions on it.. Check it out:

ESC- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14630
Program Card- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ming_Card.html

I ordered them with EMS shipping, which i understand is supposed to be much faster.. was around $45 for everything, which is cheaper than the B1R esc i was going to buy, and this esc has a smaller footprint as well.

Thanks for all the free knowledge! Keep building!
dustinbleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #58

awsome build, the Qlos set it off
blasterracer817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

MiClaw tires are the best!

You should post up a video of it crawling. I've used those Trunigy esc's and brush-less motors on other RC vehicles and they are horrible at low speeds, seems how you did a lot to try and over come it, I'd like to see it in action!

Last edited by Evilinside; 07-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

So what radio system and receiver are you using? Looking to make mine 4 wheel steering but need a good micro 3channel
Awesome build!
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyG View Post
Ya dude, she's all HobbyKing aside from the Rx and servos...

motor : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6312

ESC : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7189

Battery : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9028

Don't forget the programming card for the ESC : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7187

Hope this helps!
Stan3535 is offline   Reply With Quote