Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: gonna pick up a bnd micro crawler need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default gonna pick up a bnd micro crawler need advice

so I'm gonna pick up a bnd micro crawler for my dx3.0.
couple questions.
what are "mandatory" upgrades
I really like the blade tmc topless chassis, but wondering if it comes with new links like displayed in their pic on website
http://www.crawlerx.net/index.php?ma...products_id=54
looks like the wheelbase is stretched and also wondering how the driveshafts handle this or do i need to get new links and driveshafts for this chassis.

really looking for some input from you owners out there.
I would like to maybe upgrade it a bit but not dump a sh#t ton of money into this thing. LOL

any feedback, links appreciated
Thanks
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The kit only comes with the chassis, no links in the kit. You can use the stock links with the chassis but a stretched wheel base improves performance. Making your own links is easy, there are several threads on here addressing how to make them. Lengthening the drive shaft is also easy, also been covered on here. Your best bet is to read the micro mod bible, lots of great info in there to help improve the performance of the micro crawler.

Micro Mod bible

Last edited by dockman; 01-04-2011 at 08:14 AM.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

When I got my TMC chassis make sure you have super glue because not all of the pieces just "snap" together and you can use the stock links on it but I did have to extend the rear drive shaft 1cm because the "male" end of it kept on slipping out. The performance was great and other then flipping the tranny witch is a must have for this chassis you have to de-case the ESC and For each dean get a small zip-tie and put it on the wires right beside the plug so you don't have any loose wires and be prepared for a tight squeeze for everything,but overall great chassies!

-orangeplug
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
I really like the blade tmc topless chassis, but wondering if it comes with new links like displayed in their pic on website
http://www.crawlerx.net/index.php?ma...products_id=54
looks like the wheelbase is stretched and also wondering how the driveshafts handle this or do i need to get new links and driveshafts for this chassis.

really looking for some input from you owners out there.

any feedback, links appreciated
Thanks
The TMC in that picture is mine, here is the Thread w/it.
T-buck's TMC

You will have to make your own links & strech the driveshaft's like mentioned, After that you will have a much more capable Micro.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote