Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Thought you guys might like these pics...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #1

Default Thought you guys might like these pics...

Was goofing around after work with my boss trying to help him get his buggy ready for another shakedown, and thoguht i'd goof around with my micro for awhile.

So far my mods are a stretched rear, lipo, battery out front and no foams. Been meaning to weight the rims, but now i got some Qlo tires coming So there might be a tuber build starting with some obvious inspiration lol

humanmachinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I wish I could afford a 1:1... oh, and all the repairs needed to actually run it ;)
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

nice pics that buggy looks mean, is it just strapped down really tight or does it sit like that normally? looks really low for a sprung buggy
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #4

its def mean, 900hp, 49s, and 28" of wheel travel in the back, and I believe 20" in front. Its pulled down to the bumps to pull it to keep it from swaying, but it only sits about 4 inchs higher than that on its own. Ill post a link to all the other pics to it after work, I'm on my phone now.

Hoping to build my micro in a similar fashion to this tho. It'll keep me occupied while I save up for an XR10 build
Old 09-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It would be fine if that was ride height. I like 1:1 crawlers to be low and slow.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #6

Well its not technically a rock crawler. Its made for king of the hammers, and that style racing. It'll do prob 150mph. Its like if a rock crawler and a trophy truck got it on, this would pop out nine months later lol. Its a well rounded machine
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Make that micro a scaler. It should be the 1:1's mini me.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

a tube chasis that elaborate would make these lilguys top heavy but the main shape would def be cool and run the micro t blue alum shocks could be pretty sick
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
a tube chasis that elaborate would make these lilguys top heavy but the main shape would def be cool and run the micro t blue alum shocks could be pretty sick
o no def not that elaborate, just the overall look.

Heres some shots took a few weeks ago, first shake down in like 6 months or something (i've only been there abuot 3-4 months) had a small oil leek on the header and a small fire, but nothing major. Been out again since then all fixed and did fine

http://picasaweb.google.com/yngfam/K...PaLsozzraqvIw#
Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thats one sweet tuber man, the micro version will be killer! Make sure to post pics if you go for it...
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

It would be an easy tuber to make. Some people just get scared of the math and planning.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #12

naw itll be a walk in the park compared to the real thing, THATS alot of math and planning lol
Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanmachinehead View Post
naw itll be a walk in the park compared to the real thing, THATS alot of math and planning lol
Yeah. mall stuff is easy. You dont need a big tube bender, jack stacds, etc.
Jsut some alligator clips, a mig, tape measure and something small to make nice clean bends.OH! And a sharpie for marking the cut points and a pair of cutters.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #14

Any suggestions of what toweld it together with? I'm either using brake line or aluminum tubing. Id TIG it if I had access to one anymore, and my 255 mig would build up too much around the joints. Id like to keep the jointed area from gunking up real bad, or to a minimum to clean it up easier
Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

unfortunately these things get top heavy ridiculously easy i would actually suggest using 1/8 or smaller aluminum tubing but it only comes in 1 ft length that ive been able to find and its gonna be a pain to try to attach it together maybe jb weld? just think very lightweight and keep it super simple
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #16

Well I'm not concerned with it being top heavy, it.ll be a lot better than stock when I'm done, just curious what others have used for the aluminum
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanmachinehead View Post
Well I'm not concerned with it being top heavy, it.ll be a lot better than stock when I'm done, just curious what others have used for the aluminum
there was a post in the micro scale forum that said brakeline or brass im assuming theyre talking about the tiny brass water line stuff but if you can get away with it i would personally use 1/8th aluminum tubing im just not sure how easy it is to braze aluminum
Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #18

You can find stainless steal tubing in smaller sizes. I just ordered some 0.1000" hypodermic tubing off of Amazon, to make new tails booms for my micro helicopters. I'm getting 5 pieces of 60" length for less than $7 before shipping.

I used to use it to make slot car chassis. We just soldered it together with a 40 Watt iron. While I was drag racing my top speeds were in the 30-40 mph range. Yes, that is the actual speed, slot car drag racing uses timers to get all the same incremental times and speeds as the 1:1 stuff. I had a couple of instances where my cars would de-slot and bounce off the walls. Out of everything I broke I never busted a good solder joint. I have no idea how it would stand up the the various forces involved in tumbling down a hill, but I do plan using some to make a roll bar for the project I'm working on.
estill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #19

Just watched the Youtube videos of this race, and I highly recommend you all do the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tW2tHpkmn0

Awesome..
sforsancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #20
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsancho View Post
Just watched the Youtube videos of this race, and I highly recommend you all do the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tW2tHpkmn0

Awesome..

+1
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote